No announcement yet.

Tom & Carl's Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this has come to a screeching halt (not really) I will (try) get it going again.

If it did turn out that they were 'together' how do you think DD would tell us in the story? For instance, I think having K or N walk in on them during an 'intimate' moment would be the hight of hilarousity. What are your ideas? Thoughts? Flames? (teeheehee)

-The N
    ~*~*~Is it that I sometimes panic while making sandwhiches?~*~*~

Comment

XD That would be extremely funny, but I don't think it would ever show up in canon YW, a little too PG-13 for the series. I'm a closet Fanfic writer (meaning I never actually write down what I think of), and I always imagine them finding out by some off-handed comment....like Nita/Kit asks Tom/Carl if they have/ever have girlfriends, something to that effect. I don't imagine Tom or Carl being...erm, "uptight" about it...just not really something you discuss with your "students". This is all an "If they really were..." statement, obviously.
      "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

uh-oh. Our theories may have been shut down guys. In HW, when Nita is reading about "permenant partnership" she says "Look at Tom and Carl, they're just buddies...". Meh. Don't remember the page number, I shall find and post XD Hmmm...perhaps we can cling to the small hope that Nita doesn't know what she's talking about? rofl
        "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

I've never really thought of this... they always struck me as just partners in wizardry, like Nita and Kit are. But you post a good question...
          <select name=stats size=1>
          <Option value=1>BenKyuutai

<Option value=1>He just blew his quanta

<Option value=1>Likes brownies

<Option value=1>HUGGLES POKEMON!
          </select>

Comment

Darn you, Piper! J/k, I know what you're talking about...but like you, I can't remember what part it is. It struck me as funny because it seemed like she would have thought 'Right? RIGHT?' after. Heh. But she was like, what, thirteen in that? When I was thirteen, I didn't even know what slash was! I don't think she knows everything about them; I doubt they'd tell her because they just met (practically) and she's rather young. I think we're safe in our suspicions.

-The N

Comment

uh-oh. Our theories may have been shut down guys. In HW, when Nita is reading about "permenant partnership" she says "Look at Tom and Carl, they're just buddies...". Meh. Don't remember the page number, I shall find and post XD Hmmm...perhaps we can cling to the small hope that Nita doesn't know what she's talking about? rofl
              Actually, i think that was meant to be forshadowing...her entire reason for thinking her and kit are just going to remain friends lies on THAT argument...as long as you don't believe they WILL just be friends, you can actually say that's foreshadowing nita and kit will be together, and hinting that tom and carl already are.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Hmmmm, I like your theory YR!! It really does have good thought behind it. Huh.

We'll have to start a "Tom and Carl Have Secrets" society XD rofl

Comment

'Lo all! Looks like you all're still on this subject...let's see how long you last, shall we? * evil grin* But on a another hand you have a point, whoever it was who posted that Nita's comment might be a foreshadowing type thing...it makes this whole thing ound more credible, and more believable. But anyway, I feel rather restless, so to TTOGR I go!

-peri

Comment

why not? we already have a pm fan club...party mood, even if it IS sort of dying...and speaking of dying topics, i've got to check up on the newly revived mbfs forum, and see if someone has posted...SEEYA!
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

On yr's foreshadowing theroy:

Well, I still don't think that's exactly right. Do you remember W@W? There was the tywchild, and...I dunno if Matt was working with anybody. But he wasn't romantically with anybody (*coughnitacough*)yet...And the twychild wasn't romantic either, that would be sort of gross.

I still think Tom and Carl are more or less best friends, not really roomies, but they generally get along well, are probably single so they don't mind company, and were brought together by the circumstance of wizardry. Maybe they've been friends since they were Nita and Kit's age...?

And Wicked_writer, I woudln't underestimate Nita. She's extrememly smart, and, besides. I knew what a slash was when I was 12. (I like your icon, btw)

Sorry if I came across frosty. I think it just seems that I did. If I did.
                      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Oh no problem, you didn't. It's always a touchy thing, expressing your opinion in a way that won't ruffle any feathers.
                        You may be right and I may be right. That's the fun thing about this discussion. It's all speculation because we only have hints and passages in the book to go on. Nothing is set in stone relationship-wise (aside from Rosh and Dari, that is). Heck, even Nita/Kit is still up in the air.

-The N

Comment

Not sure how the friendship thing relates to that theory...no one is saying that every wizarding pair has to be a couple, and I don't think that's what YR was getting at. What I think the point was was that if T/C really _were_ together, and Nita had said they were just buddies, it would blow her arguement about "premenant partnership" out of the water XD

Comment

mel said
                            On yr's foreshadowing theroy:

Well, I still don't think that's exactly right. Do you remember W@W? There was the tywchild, and...I dunno if Matt was working with anybody. But he wasn't romantically with anybody (*coughnitacough*)yet...And the twychild wasn't romantic either, that would be sort of gross.

I still think Tom and Carl are more or less best friends, not really roomies, but they generally get along well, are probably single so they don't mind company, and were brought together by the circumstance of wizardry. Maybe they've been friends since they were Nita and Kit's age...?

And Wicked_writer, I woudln't underestimate Nita. She's extrememly smart, and, besides. I knew what a slash was when I was 12. (I like your icon, btw)

Sorry if I came across frosty. I think it just seems that I did. If I did.
                            pipers right...that ISN"T what i meant...i'm not saying that all pairs get together...but i'm saying that she was using carl and toms relationship of just being partners as an example that she herself could do that with kit...if they AREN"T just partners, and are in fact together, her entire thing falls apart and says that she and kit might get together...so if you believe that they WILL get together, it is not saying that tom and carl aren't, but rather is a hint that they are in fact together...saddly i seem to be making things more complicated in an attempt to explain...
                            i think piper explained it much more simpily, though without the fact that it might hint to tom and carl being together...Which means i probably should have just left it at that, but i fealt a need to defend my statements and say she is right without doing one liner...so there you go.

Comment

XD That was beautiful YR, brought tears to mine eyes :P

Comment

*suspects much sarcasm on the part of a certain piper we all know and love but has no proof so doesn't say anything* Technically taht wasn't speech, it was action...:P I almost wish someone would argue against what i'm saying now so we could have an intersting debate...

Comment

Working...
                                X