No announcement yet.

Tom & Carl's Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, YR, I agree with you 100%. Wait... You wanted a debate. I don't agree with you 100%?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

WEll...it's not really a debate if you don't give me a reason why...and besides, as a friend, i'd rather have you on my side. we argue enough on slash's forum to spill over on to a dozen other boards...so lets not let it. ANyways, thanks for the original agreement, and the pittiful, but at least attempted, atempt at giving me a good debate. :P
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Personally, I always saw Tom and Carl as sort of business partners. But their business is life and you can't go home from that job! Kinda like having a home office where your home is the office. It would be like you and your best friend working at the same job.
        I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed-reading accident. I hit a bookmark.
        -- Steven Wright

Comment

lol, yeah, talking about not being able to get away from work. I think they enjoy it, but it must get tiring every once in a while. They most definately could be just business partners of course...but until prooven wrong I'm entertaining the idea that there's other business going on :P
          "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

I still say their a couple...and it kinda helps that someone who never read the books, upon hearing about them, immediately agreed simply by the base facts...Helps the idea that they might be, i mean.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Damn straight! (heh)
              It's so obvious....

-The N
              ~*~*~Is it that I sometimes panic while making sandwhiches?~*~*~

Comment

*sticks head into conversation* I need to come here more often.

I never really picked up on hints of a relationship in the YW books, but in The Book of Night With Moon, when Carl gets spirited off to Neptune or wherever it is he goes and Tom has no idea what's happened to him...that was the first time I ever got any kind of inkling that their relationship might be more than buddies. (Of course, it could be he was just worried for his friend, but it was something about their reunion that tipped me off. That being said, I read TBoNWM at least two years ago, so I don't really remember.)

If they are indeed a couple in the romantic sense, though, it's got to be a very deep relationship. Between wizardry and romantic closeness...that's the kind of relationship ANYONE would want to have, hetero or no.
                ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
                Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
                L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

I really need to read the cat wizard books...*puts on list of books to buy*
                  "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

i only read the first one...couldn't get into them as much. but yeah, i kept on getting the feeling that there was something on there...not quite an "oh my god their a couple thing" so much as every once in a while i got this weird feeling that they might be a couple...DD won't tell though, from what i hear...which i can't blame her for.

Comment

DD has straight out told me she'll probably never say one way or the other, which I understand, but still...all that buttering up I did leading up to the question, and all for nothing XD

But you know I love you DD

Comment

My opinion is that they are a couple of bachelors living together. I can see a friendship that runs deep enough to be classified as brotherly love. By brotherly love I also mean that they pick on each other just like brothers. If they were together then I would be fine with that, I am not criticizing that view. But to me the books make it pretty clear what their relationship is. This was what struck me when Nita and Kit first met them when I read the book for the first time: these are really good friends.

I am a really old and inactive newbie. Old means a matter of years, and this is my first post. However, I have been rather active in the chat room before, although not much anymore. I took a big break when we switched computers and got very disoriented, but I am back now -- and this time actively!

Comment

I don't really see Tom and Carl together in that sort of way. More like friends who tease each other and act like brothers. But if their together, that would be fine. i just don't see them in that sort of way. besides, i think they would have mentioned it to Nita and kit. But then again, you never know.
                          "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

do to a line i think was posted here, if kit and nita get together, they're probably a couple. nita, in her mad dash to find an example of parterners who can just be friensd, chose tom and carl, wich in my mind forshadows that they ARE a couple, and nita in kit will get together...or they wont, and tom and carl aren't a couple. I'm hoping for nita and kit to end up together, so you can guesss what i think...Still,t hat's just my oppinion. Go nita and kit!

Comment

i want Nita and Kit to get together!!! And that's a good point YR, since her specialty seems to be pointing in that direction...
                              "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

heh, this particular topic is full of arguments...well kinda! None of us can agree! yea nd sadly we will probably never know. there is something on it in the cat wizardry? i will have to read those!lol, and i have been meaning to for a while, the tom/ carl thing isn't the reason either!
                                personally i am a major supporter of the relationship, but that uis prob because i am a absoloute slash fan girl of the first degree!lol! the thing with nita and kit forshadowing, I think is great idea! yay!
                                Time has a heart because other hearts stop....

Comment

Working...
                                X