Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, DD said in the chat when I asked her:

"All that matters is that it shouldn't matter"

I totally agree with that, because it really shouldn't change anyone's opinion of them, but I still REALLY want to know, lol She says it's something she'll probably never tell, so...I'll just have to use my imagination XD
    "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Of course, Peridexis, you are right. As it turns out, I am a big supporter of the gay community, so I am aware how people react. Of course, this thread wouldn't have been started and carried if people didn't want to talk about it.
      On the less 'professional' side, I am a major slasher. I can find slashy parings in pretty much anything! I started reading this before I did so, though, so it came to me when I was deep in the series. Once I noticed, it was hard not to! ^_^
      It's good that you're not afraid to speak your mind. Diversity is what keeps this world exiting and interesting!
      Even if DD doesn't explicitly say in the books to come, we still have our imaginations!
      -The N
      ~*~*~Is it that I sometimes panic while making sandwhiches?~*~*~

Comment

I'm not a big slasher myself, it tends to irriate me when people put book characters together that are so obviously NOT it's not even vaguely canon (Ron & Harry for example, thats just...yuck. Did people not notice that they have girlfriends?). I'm in no way against homosexuality or anything having to do with it, I'm just a little *coughalotcough* obsessed with books, but more into the canon side of fandom. Maybe it's because I'm a writer myself and I know it would annoy me to no end if people started shoving all of my poor guys into bed with each other, lol XD Character abuse!! @_@

Howevvvver, Tom and Carl I could see either way, and with DD's leaving the big wide door of imagination open for us I will continue to dabble with various scenarios while reading about them. What I want is some more background on the two...perhaps in the next books
        "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

DD has commented in the past about fanfic. This includes:

(She later clarified that part of the earlier post was a metaphor, not a direct comparison.)
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin:
              D'you think they could be a way to see what would happen is we ended up with some Nita/Kit? Like, wether or nto being in a relationship has any effect on the level of efficacy of the partnership?
              Given that Nita and Kit are still extremely young (has a year even completely passed in the YW universe?), I'm not sure that we've really seen completely how being in a relationship affects wizard partnerships.

Personally, I think T&C do have something going on. They seem a bit old for having housemates in suburbia. But again, that's neither here nor there in terms of how that affects the wizarding universe.

Comment

the YW universe is pretty wacky time-wise. the series has been around for about 20 years (you oldbies can correct me if you'd like:P) so it's hard to tell. but here's a random little question/thought/comment-thingy: has dairine been gettin YOUNGER?? i really feel like rambling a lot of amusing and pointless nonsense...*grin* looks like it's off to TTOGR!!

-peri

PS. give me ideas for my siggy...it needs work. hmmm...there was that bit form "the dragon queen"...we'll see.

Comment

I don't think so...Though i could be wrong...or could i....Yeah...i can. Sorry, i'm in a ranting mood too....Anyways, i don't think so....
                  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm, I never thought of it like that, but you could be right. I dont know what DD intends to do with that, but Im fine either way. Tah Tah!
                    Azen
                    In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Goodness, a burst of activity! Personally, I think the closest relationships in the world must be those between wizards who are not only wizarding partners, but romantic partners as well. It would seem that would only double the general closeness of both types of relationship.

And yankervitch, I agree totally about them being a bit old to be roomies...hmmmm

Comment

wow. i just posted omething really thoughtful on TTOGR, and i am wondering if someone will even read it?? ah well...piper, i think they can still be roomies. it's not common, but what in the YW univerese is common? and if it turns out they are..er..boyfriends? then like DD said. "what matters is that it shouldn't matter." tru enough, right?

-peri

Comment

I agree totally with what DD said, peri. As I told a couple people in chat and I think mentioned somewhere in this thread, I'm not just looking for a "slash" couple, I'm just looking at the facts and what could possibly be hints here and there I love Tom and Carl, and whatever their relationship with each other, that's not going to change anytime soon...nor should it be the deciding factor in anyone's like or dislike of the two.

Comment

oh, sorry if it sounded like i was critisizing you! ahm. :P i tend to do that, but what i meant to say is that both possibilities still stand, one doesn't rule out the other. just my two cents that don't matter too much, but heck, matters to me! i think...er...i'm such a dork. *grin*

oh, and i looove your new avi piper! *watches little dancing figure* hipnotizing. i wonder what it wouls look like if you changed the backround color every now and then? well, i have a pretty good imagination..heh. *imagines neon-multi-color backround*

-peri

Comment

XD I didn't think you were peri, just putting in my...10 cents as well

And yes...I've watched that avatar for much too long much too often...it's a good thing it doesn't change colors, or I'd have seisures :P

Comment

As a fangirl who sees slash in everything, it took me another reading of the books to notice the possiblity. I had started reading them back in the day when I didn't even know what slash was, but once I read the series again, it was obvious. I brushed it off as another pairing I had come up with, but seeing everyone elses musings, I'm starting to think it's not just a product of my twisted mind. As they are probably my favorite charicters (I always perk up when they 'come on screen') I would love to see more of them in the books to come, as would you all, I'm sure. Not only are they v. v. marvy, but it would give us some well-needed clues!
                                -The N
                                ~*~*~Is it that I sometimes panic while making sandwhiches?~*~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X