No announcement yet.

Tom & Carl's Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have wonderd this for a while myself. personaly i dont think its anything more than good friends or mabey cousins with diffrent last names?

who knows mabey DD will tell us and mabey not.
    " duct tape, the substance that binds the universe together" Tom Swale

"Magic, like life, is what you make it, so make it good" A Wise Man

Comment

I always "perk up" as well, Wicked_Writer, I have a thing for secondary characters...there's so much room to...to move around with them XD

Hmm, never thought about "cousins"...I don't think they're related, but they could certainly just be good friends.

Unfortunately, DD said she'll probably never tell us one way or the other, but who knows, maybe we can weasel it out of her some day XD
      "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Yeah, they're probably not cousins; I think that would have been mentioned. Plus, they don't look alike, not that that counts for much but you know....

She probably won't tell us; looking at it from a writer's standpoint, it's a very good idea; leaves more up for interpretation. She will also probably not tell us anything about Kit/Nita either. Or at least not to anyone's satisfaction. But that's okay; that means that we can continue to debate and no one's viewpoint will be told that it's wrong!

-The N
        ~*~*~Is it that I sometimes panic while making sandwhiches?~*~*~

Comment

People are STILL going on about those two? wow...i basically gave up trying to know for certain when i found out DD refused to tell anyone...I think pm told me that...i guess i can see how she wouldn't...
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I always did wonder, but I really don't reckon that she will actually tell us sadly! I mean come on, they jsut seem it, they are in the thirties and as you have all sauid little bit old to be living as roomies! o well we will just have to speculate for the time being, beacuse basically its a childrens book so there are limits!
            Time has a heart because other hearts stop....

Comment

I'm in the middle of reading 'Alone' (again) and omg the argument about the lights in the beginning? Awesomley hilarious, if ya know what I mean. ~_^
              For those who don't get it, read it again. (starting on page 18ish, depending on what book you have.) See! It's stuff like that....

-The N

Comment

*goes to find Alone*
                "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Originally posted by yankervitch:
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caitlin:
                  D'you think they could be a way to see what would happen is we ended up with some Nita/Kit? Like, wether or nto being in a relationship has any effect on the level of efficacy of the partnership?
                  Given that Nita and Kit are still extremely young (has a year even completely passed in the YW universe?), I'm not sure that we've really seen completely how being in a relationship affects wizard partnerships. </div>[quote]

Several years have passed. In the fourth book "A Wizard Abroad" on page 16 it mentions Nita not being able to believe she had been a wizard for 2 1/2 years, and now it's been even more, though I'm not sure exactly how many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Misty's Dawn:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yankervitch:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caitlin:
                    D'you think they could be a way to see what would happen is we ended up with some Nita/Kit? Like, wether or nto being in a relationship has any effect on the level of efficacy of the partnership?
                    Given that Nita and Kit are still extremely young (has a year even completely passed in the YW universe?), I'm not sure that we've really seen completely how being in a relationship affects wizard partnerships. </div>[quote]

Several years have passed. In the fourth book "A Wizard Abroad" on page 16 it mentions Nita not being able to believe she had been a wizard for 2 1/2 years, and now it's been even more, though I'm not sure exactly how many more. </div>[quote]
                    erm i think that actually you may be wrong there. Nita became a wizard at about 12/13, and in the eigth book WaW she is only as far as we know 14! so i think about a year and a half has passed so far. she isn't 15 yet see! i think kit is about one year younger( maybe just) and I think diarine is about 12/13m, because she became a wizard at 11 ( quite young) and has been a wizard for just over a year. Also the fact that she is thinking about boys ( roshuan) means that she is older than 12....
                    and I transgress sorry i just felt that I had to say all that! one tom and carl yea the light scene in alon is hilarious I read it again bout a week ago. I definitly think tom and carl are together... except i swear somewhere it mentions seperate bedrooms, though i could be getting it confused with another book. i will get back to you on that !

Comment

Wow, we really did get off track here....
                      I've just finished reading the whole series again, and I don't remember anything about seperate rooms, or indeed, any mention of rooms at all. It could have been something I missed, but I pay very close attention when they make the scene!

-The N

Comment

XD I just read the light scene again, cracked me up. Every time I read about those two I love them even more.

Noo, I don't remember any mention of rooms at all. As far as I can recall they pretty much stay in that kitchen/living room area whenever they're there. In fact, I don't even remember then ever using the front door XD

I'm starting over the series, biding my time untol WOM shows up...though my excitement over that is more over the fact that DD says she's describing Wellakhit wildlife in it, rofl.

Comment

Like I said I am probably wrong! I have a vague memory of tom saying to carl that the noise got him up...but make of that what you will!
                          I read so many books that i get confused very easily!but i was right about the other thing wasn't I? just tio check...cos even i'm not sure since I don't own 1-4( I have 5, 6, 7 and 8 though) I need to get them...you know when I actually have money!

Comment

piper: 0_0/0_0/0_0/ are you serious?! *cheers* yayayay! i think i'm one of the few who share your enthusiasm for that particular subject. remember that PC we had a while back? (the one concerning wellakhit wildlife.) we both mentioned horse-like creatures, and i thought there'd be a lovely assortment of nocturnal animals. yayayay! *tacklehugs piper in exitement* now i am even more impatient for the next book....*wriggles in her seat*

-peri

Comment

XD Peri, yes I remember, and weren't you in that DD chat?? :P Anyways...go join the forums! *pokes siggeh*

After a re-reading of the very first time we go to T/C 's house, we learn that upon walking in the glass sliding doors there is a kitchen/living room sort of area, and a den nearby that, and that the house is two stories *shrugs* Just some info.

Comment

intresting! it really is, that came across s sarcastic! sorry! anyway..hmm must re read the first four!

Comment

Working...
                                X