No announcement yet.

You know you read too much YW when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 245. You memorized the Oath without trying to.
    246. You know exactly where the YW books are in every library and bookstore you go to.
    247. And that's the first place you seem to go every time.

Comment

• I've spent about an hour reading all six pages of this and I am rolling on the floor laughing by now.

hmm... on 248 now right?
      248. You pour water into your kettle and mutter to it every morning hoping it will boil.
      249. You say the oath at least once a day or think of how much you wish the wizardry was real.
      250. You imagine a commercial or a movie to sywtbaw at least once a week.
      251. Sometimes you feel possesed to mutter nonsence words into the air around you, hoping that you will feel the affects of wizardry.
      252. You try to compare your life to kit or nita's and find yourself picking through your life for distant similarities so you can be like them.
      253. You like astronomy, reading, or science, or have aqquired certain attributes to your personality or lifestyle because kit or nita do it.
      (I like drinking tea even more these days!)
      well, i'm guilty of some of the ones mentioned.
      I love everybody's ideas, sorry I didn't come up with anything better.
      sehlinger
      not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost.
      -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

• I would just like to point out that I did something like this except it was: "You know you like your computer too much when you..." and it all started with "You know you like your computer too much when you hump the monitor."

I don't know of anything for this just thought I might tell y'all about that thing...

Comment

• 254. You name every object in your house, and make sure its something unpronouncable.
          255. ...And get extrememly offended when your family doesn't call these objects by their names.
          (Not saying that I've ever done this. of course. *cough*)
          "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
          -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
          'Creator of Sonderwear'
          -----------------------

Comment

• You know you read YW too much when you name your compy outdated and say dai to your friends just to see ther expressons.
            The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
            DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

• What are we at? 257?
              ok 257)Your new favorite basketball team is the wizard. I can't think of anymore at the moment but i'll get back!
              Dai stiho cousins
              ~~~Ezra

Comment

• Ooooh ooohhh Just came up with some more:

258) You claim that the whale at the acquarium is your sister
                259) There's a sign in your kitchen that says "Rirhaits are welcome!"
                261) You ask your dog to negotiate with the neighbors' dogs when they becoma a nuisance
                Ronan's my role model. He's cool, smart, and has a pen that can destroy whatever he wants it to. If only life were that easy.

Comment

• *glad no one was in the house to hear her cackling like a maniac* These are great! It's scary how many of these things I'm guilty of (or almost guilty of...)

262) You carry an eggbeater around as a weapon.

263) You order an eggbeater off a shopping channel (preferably another planet's shopping channel) and use it as a weapon.

264) You use YW as a study guide for science.

265) Other people beg you for help on their science, and you hand them YW.

266) You scan random strangers on the street and are convinced they are wizards.

267) You believe you have an ongoing relationship with the lock of your school locker, and your locker partner makes you open the lock because it doesn't seem to work too well for her.

268) You really do have a relationship with your lock.

269) You wonder if your city has a worldgate, since New York City is on the other side of the continent, in a different country, and it can't possibly be the home of the only worldgates in North America.

270) You're convinced that that voice in your head is the Whispering.

271) You pick up random fantasy books in the library, open them to the first page, and (if the Oath is on that page) take the Oath.

272) You're convinced that what you're going through right now (school, etc.) is your Ordeal.

273) What you're going through now is your Ordeal.

274) You realise that weird kid down the street is an abdal.

275) You realise your parents are wizards.

276) No wonder they seem to be able to appear behind your shoulder without you noticing and catch you playing games on the computer/chatting here instead of doing that major science project due tomorrow (which, of course, you haven't started yet).

277) You realise that the television show you've been trying to figure out for the past hour is in fact an alien reality show.

278) You "converse" with your friend using random complicated sounds, pretend you know what your friend is saying, and pretend you're talking in the Speech.

279) You chide the people around you for lying/littering/etc. Don't they know that the Universe is running out?

280) You talk to any pig, bird or dog you see. Who knows, they could turn out to be the Transcendent Pig, the One's Champion, or Ponch.

I could go on forever...

Some other ones:
                  281)You have a t-shirt that reads "Will Do Magic for Food" in the Speech.

282) Every time you go to the library, you head over to the children's section and run your hand along the bookshelves there.

283) You examine your new iPod to see whether the apple has a bite.

284) You freak out and hyperventilate when the apple doesn't have a bite- no wait, it does. You collapse into depression.

285) You examine every pen you come across.

286) You are obsessed with astronomy, physics and/or eggbeaters.
                  -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• 287)(if you have a dog) You end up with all the dogs that live nearby howling outside your window.
                    288)(if you have a cat) You talk to your cat.... (GUILTY!)
                    289) And he/she talks back.(It`s as good as talking back for my girl-cat! So, yep, I understand my girl-kitty. The boy-kitty, on the other hand...)
                    290) You just cannot go to sleep without reading. (Guilty, but who isn`t?)
                    291) You love to read. And write. And play with numders. (GUILTY!)
                    292) You call your brother the Lone One when he bugs you way too much.
                    "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
                    Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

• I know. Right know I am starting to use Dai and Dai'stiho has a greeting and definance.
                      Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

• You know when you read too much YW when...

- you copied the wizard's oath, the binding oath, and other things into your agenda and pretend that it is your manual (Gulity!)

- Whenever someone angers you, you say the following:

"In life's name and for its sake, I advise that I am here on the buniess of the Powers That Be! Your actions toward me, and through me, toward Them, will determine the continuation or revocation of your present status. Be warned by me and desist!"

(I'm still waiting for the chance to do this :P)

- you made someone swear by the binding oath when you suspect that someone is lying
                        (I'm still waiting for the chance to do this, considering the fact that I can only do this once in a life time :P)

That's all for now~!

Comment

• I guise that this is what... 293?

You know you read to mutch YW when you copy Dairines wallpaper onto your laptop, then name it spot and sit their staring at it waiting for it to evolve into inteligent life.
                          (\__/) "Be amazing"
                          (+'.'+)
                          (")_(")

Comment

• In response to 293:

You use Dairine's wallpaper, and have actually named your laptop Spot, despite the fact that your laptop is indeed an HP laptop, and not a Mac. You also have found a website such as thisthat lets your computer talk to you...

(ok, not sure if the URL worked, but whatever...)

Comment

• Add on to Hungry's response:

Or, you don't name your laptop 'Spot', because thats already the name of your iPod, but you have a mac, and spend ages trying to calibrate the voice commands, just so that the said laptop will tell you the answer to his 'Knock Knock' jokes (yes, Lappy can tell knock knock jokes, but I'm yet to hear the answers).

magicmaster said:
                              I know. Right know I am starting to use Dai and Dai'stiho has a greeting and definance.
                              I don't quite understand this, Dai and dai stihó are greetings/farewells. They don't have anything to do with defiance.

Comment

• heehee! htese r all soooo funny! srry if any of these r rong...i skimmed.

294. Hold up a barbie in front of His face and say, "It just has such a resmblance!"
                                295. Say to Him, "Now about this thing between you and Nita..."
                                296. Give Him the talk.
                                297. ...show Him a movie to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X