No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96bookworm! I love your avatar! Fred rules. Did you make it, or find it online?
    Last edited by estar9821; August 19, 2011, 04:41:59 PM.
    "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• We have snow, but we've had snow for a while, so it's not that exciting for us. We had a long fall, though, which is strange. Normally we have snow by Halloween, but not this year. Come to think of it, not last year, either.

Wolf: I'm sorry we're talking about school. May I offer you a cookie?

In other news, I got told I wasn't allowed to go abroad for school, but I have been offered a choice of going to Europe for four months after my fourth year. I'm considering it.
      I stand tall, proud, brave, straight, and strong.
      Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance.
      ~Book junkie~

Comment

• Yesterday we had vocal/piano district contest and I accompanied one ensemble from the choir I'm in we got a gold in division two (the second highest division). My choir had two other ensembles that I didn't accompany that also got golds in division two. I played my solo in division one (the highest division) and got a gold That means I get to go on to state contest in a couple weeks, so now I get to freak out about that. The judge put this newspaper clipping on the piano, just above the keys, that said "Don't Panic" I kept looking at it while I was playing and almost laughing, it was so distracting.

We only have 6 inches of snow here but we are supposed to get another few inches tomorrow.

I will probably spend the rest of the day doing homework and watching the Colts win the Super Bowl. :face50

crazy_bookworm: That sucks you don't get to go abroad for school.
        "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Woo! *applause* Yay NickRyan! Hah, that is funny that they put that clipping there- quite distracting.

I had a competition yesterday too- I played my concerto that I was grumbling about a few weeks ago.

I didn't win, but it was really fun and I didn't fall off the stage, so in my book that's a win. The judges were all college professers and I had exactly 10 minutes to play as much of my 11-minute piece as I could, so when I got near the end I was thinking, "are they going to stop me now? Now?" But they let me go to the end, and afterwards I found out I had sped up so much that I had cut a minute off my time.

Which actually was a good thing, since it was marked "Presto". But my poor accompanist really had to work to keep up.

Comment

• NickRyan and SilveredBlue: Congrats!

NickRyan: Yes, and no. It would have been interesting to study in a different country, but it was really expensive. Being able to travel wherever I want in Europe over the course of four months will be better, I think. I can finally see the Tower of London!
            I stand tall, proud, brave, straight, and strong.
            Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance.
            ~Book junkie~

Comment

• Sorry to continue to talk about school, folks, but I just wanted to point out that your local Masonic Lodges might very well have scholarships to apply to as well. I can't remember offhand if mine does at the moment, but I'm pretty sure we have in the past.
              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Ahhh hahaaaa hahaaaa hahaaaaaaa!!!! It's snowing so much and my friends and I went and played in the snow and after work today I went to Hawk TV and had fun with THOSE guys and then my friends and I decided we wanted to have a huge snowball fights and then we just ran all over campus and threw snow at each other and I got hit in the face so many times and I hit people in the face so many times and it was so, so soooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now I'm going to bed. =)
                ..................~*Wolf*~..................
                AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
                Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

• Glad you're having fun, Wolf!

*sods off to be spoiled at her very own birthday party*
                  Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Ooh, happy birthday Trialia! *Bakes you a batch of virtual brownies.*
                    Last edited by estar9821; August 19, 2011, 04:40:01 PM.
                    "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• Congrats to NickRyan and SilveredBlue!
                      And Happy Belated Birthday Trialia! Hope your party was spectacular!

And estar: jealous! Normally I would choose snow, but I am actually kind of tired of it. My classes were canceled Monday and today (but not yesterday when I had my 8 am class and had to drive in the ice). I only fell once yesterday, but it was a major wipe-out. I just sat in the slippery ice patch and regained my composure while everyone stared, clapped, and then asked if I was okay.
                      Round number three of Snowmageddon has been going on since last night. We have been working on names for it, such as snowrapture, snowarrhea, Pandesnownium, snOMG, Snowicane, Tsnownami, Snowzilla, Snowmungus, Frankensnow, Snownado, Snowcano, Snowruption, Snowzaster (gotta have the Z), Snowtastraphe, Snowsplosion. There were more, but they got kind of silly after a while.
                      I went to Barnes and Noble to get the new Amelia Atwater Rhodes book, but they did not have it because the snow caused their shipment to not make it. I was sad. Having to drive in the snow makes me see it in a whole new light, and it makes me feel like too much of a grown-up. So I played in the snow until I was numb, and felt thoroughly childish again.
                      But the snowaballoo really is awesome. It is still falling and I think that is is going up instead of falling down, at least, that is how it appears from my window.

Comment

• Yeah, standardized tests suck. I guess that means that you guys are gonna have to cover all that material anyway so that you are prepared for them. I'm in the same boat here, since with missing 3 classes from one class, we are having a lot more work to do in a short amount of time. It is going to be rough, since we can't just drop a topic or anything like that (or so our teacher says.) At least it is college though. My semester is not going to be extended due to snow days, unlike my brothers' school. They used up their snow days a couple of days ago, so they get those fun ones tacked on the end. One of the schools in Delaware is already canceled through next Tuesday too.
                        But on the bright side? My classes are canceled tomorrow. The first one that is actually on my 8 am day! Yay! Now I can lay in bed and get over this awful cold/flu/it-had-better-be-a-cold. And I can finish HW for the Group Reading Discussion!
                        I can't see my neighbor's house because of the snow.

Somehow this is turning into a snow discussion. Ack. Totally my fault too. Sorry about that. But we have just never gotten so much at once, that it is a novelty.

Comment

• Thanks for the birthday wishes illiriam, not belated, it is today - well, yesterday by 34 minutes, but the 10th. I'm an ancient 24 now!

Comment

• Ooh! Happy (belated?) Birthday! Mine's tomorrow (the 11) and I will finally be 18 which is cool. I keep making fun of my mom with that information....

It never snows here. Seriously. *sighs* It was ALMOST cold enough to do so about a month ago, but didn't. It's been raining a lot lately though. About two weeks ago, it was raining so hard, the power went out and we were sent home. As one of my friends said "Forget snow days, we have RAIN DAYS!" We were all very excited.... It was actually rather pathetic.

I passed my Senior Project paper. But I still have to do the field work, and the people I need to get in touch with... haven't gotten in touch with me. I hate to bug them too much, but this is important graduation requirements we're talking about here.

Been really busy with school and completing things for heading off to college.

^That would be me the past month or so. And probably will be me until after April.
                            "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• I've been doing a research project that involves contacting experts as well. The scienctist guy didn't reply to an email of mine for a month, then I sent another and he replied within 10 minutes. It was funny.
                              Last edited by estar9821; August 19, 2011, 04:37:23 PM.

Comment

• Happy 18th, jwiz!

Comment

Working...
                                X