The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gryphon wrote:
    ... I hate reality shows too. I just LOATHE them. I heard that they're coming out with this one targetting Amish people. Like they make a few Amish kids live in a city and video tape them. That's just cruel. What kind of sick person would do that? Let the poor Amish people stay Amish.
    I hate to admit this, but I think I know what show you're talking about, and actually, it's a little bit different than that. It's an Amish rite of passage ("rumspringa" [running wild]) to go and live out in the non-Amish world. It's part of making an informed decision when choosing the Amish way of life. They'd normally be doing this--except, y'know, without the 24/7 camera coverage.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• My computer crashed, so I won't be able to get on again for a LONG time.
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Abby I'm going to check it out right now!! I really miss commenting on this site but to be honest it takes up so much time reading what everyones put its hard to think of something to add on!!! I never get to talk to the old crowd no more either!!! Like Agent M, Birdhead (hey birdhead you don't seem to be posting much these days!!! unless I'm looking in the wrong places) and of course Aurora!!!! ok I have to go now
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Tee hee. I feel so special. It took Gryphon...like...um...about two weeks, give or take a few days, to get me to join. I'm sorry I didn't join sooner. IT ROCKS!!!! LALALALALALALALALALA!
          Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• *prods Fox* No, I still post when I have stuff to say. Maybe I have les to say now, or possibly I'm just busy.

Hehehe... *grins at Peter Murray* Ah, the changing face of your avatar. it makes me smile.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• db pr, whats up with that video clip? have you guys seen those knew karma rankings? Check it out! I really want to be a senior member, or maybe even farther then that, but i'm quite sure that it would be very hard to have 1000 posts. Anyways, even though I want that ranking it would be annoying to post so many things unless they have a point.

Comment

• Dude, that is so not cool. (I just realized how much I say that phrase. Strange...) I'm only a Member status because I don't have 1000 posts. However, I'm just about the oldest oldbie there is. That is so not cool. They should make it about how long you've been on here. Because it's very unlikely that I'll ever be a Very Senior Member: I just don't post enough for that. Yet I'm still an active and old member of the YW community. I've been disrespected!! But seriously, that is so not cool. Why are karma points about posts? Shouldn't they be about, like, the quality of your posts? Well I guess that would be too hard to judge....

SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YEAH BABY YEAH! NO MORE SCHOOL!!!! And I'm moving on Saturday, and guess what else is on Saturday? The Belmont Stakes! Go Smarty Jones! The Triple Crown is within your reach!! (Horse racing is so awesome. We watch the Triple Crown most years at my house.)

Banana, banana, uh uh banana. Banana, banana, uh uh banana.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH!

Sorry Tui. Couldn't resist. School's out!!
                *Ella*
                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                What could mean more than this?"
                --Bright Eyes

Comment

• ARG! School! I still got like two weeks to go. Ugg.

I'm moving! Yay I'm really happy, cuz I HAVE to move and my mom found a place that's like only abot thirty seconds down the road from where I am now!!! YAY!!!

*Sigh* No clue what that was for. GRYPHON'S ROLEPLAY ROCKS! THAT'S R...O...C...K...S!!!!!

Guess what?...SURPRISE! I'M AN OBSESSIVE MONKEY!!!
                  Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Surfy--thank you! There was a time, before the rankings, when folks were posting empty one-liners to push up their post counts, and it got bad: the board shut down, DD got stuck with a whomping bill from the bandwidth jump, and Lee ended up having to delete threads and put members on probation. Going up a rank simply isn't worth causing that kind of trouble. Posting only when you've got something to say is a good good thing.

Read something in the Eve docs that might cheer you up, E: "For the initial release of eve, Karma points will only be earned when a member posts to UBB.x. In future versions, however, points will be able to be earned through other actions..."
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Awwwwwwww Fox! *huggles fox* hehehe. ^^

...what's UBB.x? I figure I should know this, but of course I don't.

Comment

• UBB.x is the software that runs this messageboard. And the Terry Pratchett messageboard. And the Neil Gaiman messageboard, and...

Comment

• hi
                          me, surfy, and zgirl all go to the same school, and our last day is tomorrow. we get to go to Valley Fair (a REALLY fun amusment park). WAHOO!!!!!! anywho... i just can't wait untill tomorrow.
                          *ciao foro membro!*
                          "lost time is never found again"-Benjamin Franklin
                          "Don't let your education interfere with your schoolwork"-Mark Twain
                          ~steph~

Comment

• *bounces* Your from MN too???? VALLEY FAIR IS SOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!! You guys are sooo lucky. Course I get to go at the end of August... Go on the Wild Thing for me? My last day of school is in two days!!!! SOOOO exited!!!!
                            *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

• Okay Agent M. Remeber earlier this year? I told you I'd never been to Valleyfair and you told me what to go on? I need that help again. I've never been there so...
                              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• What's Valleyfair?
                                Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                                ------------------------------------------------------------
                                "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Working...
                                X