No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never heard 'tocineta' before...I learned 'bacon' as 'tocino.' But in any case, if it's a feminine noun, it should be 'las tocinetas.' And huevos is masculine, right? So it should be 'los huevos.'
    Btw, I think pancakes are 'los panqueques,' but I'm not 100% sure.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• You ppl all Weird Weird Weird Weirdbut hey can't blame you because I'm insane and not in Spanish because I'm not in highschool so I wont know what your talking about so I feel left out but its all good. Well maybe some of the time, wait a minute none of the time.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
      *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
      *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
      *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
      *Many have come and go

Comment

• Am I the only person who takes French as a foreign language? I feel so alone...

(random) Wow... the thingy says there's exactly 911 registered users... (/random)

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

If you can't spell my name, go ahead and call me semi or S-chan. I don't mind, really.

Visit my deviantart site at semiramis.deviantart.com ^.^v!

Comment

• I know Tui and Aurora are pretty fluent in French...but I'm fairly sure that most of us here take Spanish.
          Et moi...je parle un peu de francais, mais je ne parle pas bien.
          I probably say that sentence twice as much as anything else in French. Oh well.
          Prefiero hablar espanol anyway.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• OMG PPC, I just burst out laughing...

I've never heard 'tocineta' before...I learned 'bacon' as 'tocino.' But in any case, if it's a feminine noun, it should be 'las tocinetas.' And huevos is masculine, right? So it should be 'los huevos.'
            -PPC
            I've been backwards all week. I meant tocinetas to be las and huevos to be los. I know that much Spanish at least.

Tocino? My teacher has us use tocineta[s]. I suppose they're different names for different countries or whatever. I guess it depends on the teacher, too.

Semiaris, I would've taken French, but my stupid school got rid of it!!! And they had to get rid of it the year I would've started... GRRR.

I know that it wasn't really 'los pancakes.' I just couldn't think of the Spanish word.

-MaThFrEaK
            "Hehehe. You smell funny."
            "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
            "Izza mousey!"
            ~Gryphon~
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

• Spanish isn't boring. Not always, at least. Our teacher is funny because he picks on students. What a *cough* *cough* great way to be funny.

Senora Loca... snort. Crazy! Eeeheehee!!!

And because I'm obsessed with this smiely:

-MaThFrEaK
                "Izza mousey!"
                ~Gryphon~
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "I could live

Comment

• Gryphon: Does your dictionary list 'tocineta'? Because mine doesn't...on the other hand, it might be a diminuitive. Only then it would be tocinitos. *is so very confused*
                    Db, where are you?

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I posted my story's prologue on my livejournal if anyone want to read it! It's stupid but oh well...
                      http://www.livejournal.com/users/sphinxm/
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• Surely a tocineta is a small toccata? No? Oh well...
                        I am feeling seriously out of my depth with Spanish... why couldn't it have been Italian - I can be intelligent about Italian . (Music does that to you...)

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• *Shrugs* I dunno what my dictionary says. It's lost, probably buried under an unknown something in my room. I asked SmarterChild and:

SmarterChild: Translated from English to Spanish, "Bacon" becomes "Tocino."

SmarterChild is a neat little thing. Dunno how reliale it is, though.

Agent M, I read the first few entries at the top of your Live Journal thing and scanned the rest. My brother is just like that! He's always there to be better than me even though he's younger! At least my parents aren't comparing the two of us. But worse, it's my stupid brother who rubs it all in! GRRR

Almost like this:

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I just studied, a rare thing for me to do. I have a history test tomorrow. My teacher said that the charts on two different pages were going to be on the quiz. I brought home my book. It turned out I iddn't know ANY of the stuff on the pages, so I made an outline. Outlines work best for me.
                          Note that I never study... That's something my butthead of a brother does to be better than me. GRRRRRR to him.

-MaThFrEaK
                          "Izza mousey!"
                          ~Gryphon~

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

• I don't know Spanish! I wanna take Spanish and French in 9th grade but I dunno which!
                              M! I didn't know you had an LJ! I like your prologue though!! *points to comment*

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                              CRAZY, WEIRD, AND PROUD!
                              Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?
                              Freedom is an illusion, it always comes at a price!
                              ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                              Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                              HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                              My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X