Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can vampires reproduse like a humen or do they have undead umm... well you now what i mean... but it would be an interesting thought though ..... *in deep thinking*
    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I forget where it said so, but vampires can't reproduce at all. Kind of sad, but whatever. Also, if a pregnant woman becomes a vampire, she's like...pregnant forever. That'd be really...annoying. (I read this on either the Twilight Lexicon somewhere http://www.twilightlexicon.com/ or on Stephenie Meyer's website. I forget which.)

Now I'm excited because the book is only 5 days away! Of course, I'll be out of town when it comes out, but hey-there's a Target on the island. Don't they sell Twilight at Target? They'd better.

I've got no clue what Bella's "gift" would be once she's a vampire; I'm really bad at predicting what will happen in books and all that stuff.

Comment

• she SEEMS somewhat vampiric sometimes....but she's still human i think. it's just, as said, she's also MORE then human...and i don't know about target. i get the books from the library two blocks from my house. easier for me. *grins* anyways...i guess if what hungry said was true, no vampirism in her blood...but there's got to be SOMETHING. (and i doubt they'd be pregnant forever...the vampire poison would travel to the baby through the placenta and umblical cord, just like achohol and drugs do. it's just that the baby would have to push its way out by itself, and you'd have a half unformed vampire baby...kinda creepy to think about, really.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Found it: http://twilightlexicon.com/2006/03/25/physiology/ "If a pregnant woman were changed to become a vampire, then she would remain at that exact stage in pregnancy for all eternity." That'd REALLY stink-it'd be hard to be a "vegeterian" because obviously, you can't stay in one place for awhile looking pregnant, and then just never have a child.

YR: yeah...I usually buy books at Borders, but I don't think they have one on the island we're on...but who knows. It's a big island-there's got to be one store that sells Eclipse!

Ok, I have a theory now for if Bella ever gets turned into a vampire: what if her gift is over-whelming clumsiness? She'd be speeding through the forest, racing Edward home, when WHAM! She hits a tree and it falls over. (I know, not going to happen...but my overactive imagination combined with the fact that I'm pretty much as clumsy if not clumsier than Bella made me think of it. )

Comment

• that would be hilarious, but unlikely. there is also the chance that bella won't have a gift at all. rosalie, esme, and carlisle don't have any gifts, at least as far as we know. maybe it will be the same with bella...but that would suck...

i have a random eclipse theory, but i really feel strongly about it. somehow, somethiing will happen that will cause all of forks to become aware of the existence of vampires and werewolves. unlikely, but it would make bella's life so much simpler.
            Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

• she's gifted in REAL life...what are her chances of not being gifteda as a vampirE? and maybe ALL vampires have gifts, but some are just less noticable...like being slightly stronger then normal (who would notice that with vampire) or stuff like that...stuff taht doesn't quite count as a gift, but are unique to them. and super clumsiness WOULD make a rather interesting gift...*imagines "it's vampire bella, beating up anyone who crosses her-usually by falling on them"
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• jane's quote today kind of scared me. what if she was being sarcastic, and something really bad happened to bella or one of the cullens?

you can get all of the quotes on the twilight lexicon's message boards.
                  Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

• i can't wait for eclipse! if only the library would just GET it right away *in infuritaed by how long i'll have to wait* and then there are the OTHEr books coming out in augest i have to worry about as well.... and which one was jane again? the one that caused pain?

Comment

• yeah...the little tiny girl that causes pain...i think shes the creepiest of all the volturi, cuz she's so...out there...like, she enjoys causing pain...thats...not normal...

have you guys seen the interview with stephenie meyer on the borders website? it's really good!

Comment

• plus, the innocent child look adds whole new levels of wrongness to jane's character...but you have to admit, creepy or not, she does a story good. (you need creepy villains like that sometimes! i also wonder if we're going to end up seeing a pregnant vampire...)

Comment

• do you really think that it is possible for a vampire to get pregnant? no offense but that just cracks me up. has anyone finished eclipse?
                          -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                          Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                          http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

• no, it's not possible. stephenie goes into this whole issue on the twilight lexicon so no, vampires can't get pregnant

yes i finished eclipse! it's soooo good, it's my favorite of the series!

Comment

• i'm still waiting on the library for it...*grumbles profusely* i'm number eight of fifteen at the moment, i fear, so it might just take a little bit...*grumbles even MORE at this realization* ah well. And couldn't they just get a vampire doctor to get it out? and wouldnt' the baby get the poison, too, and become a vampire itself? it makes SENSE! oh, and interestingly enough, twilight is now a queens library recommended book....the library cataloug hasn't actually RECOGNIZED the existance of eclipse yet, but the librarian still put me on the waiting list....it's shorter then the last one, thankfully... compared to twentieth, eight is a picnic.)

Comment

• But you still wouldn't heal from being pregnant. You'd still have all the symtoms of pregnancy, just without the baby there. Plus, it would be next to impossible to even get the baby out, because vampire's skin is like diamond, so how would you even cut through their skin to get to the baby? And even if you could, how would you heal the wound? Vampires are frozen in the exact state they were in when they were bitten. They don't change. If they were to shave their head, they would be hairless for eternity. Not to mention, Carlisle is unique. Most vampires don't take the time to be civil with humans long enough to go to medical school, which is like, and eight year commitment. Look at James, Victoria, and Laurent. *shudder* They were nomadic. They wandered around, feeding on whatever humans crossed their path, living in the wild. And if you've read Eclipse *spoiler* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">look at Jasper's story. All they wanted to do with the humans was eat them and make more vampires to take each other over with.</span> *end spoiler* They don't even care that much to go to medical school.

So now, using my innate ability to give a simple question a complicated answer, I hope you understand now how much it would suck to be bitten while you're pregnant.

Comment

Working...
                                X