No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, it's not fantasy. When it says A Deadly Game of Magic, it's refering to magician's tricks as I just found out. It might edge on the supernatural side, though.

Meh. I didn't really like The Dark is Rising. I started it, but it wasn't one of the books I could sink into. It wasn't that it was dry or anything... it's more like I can't relate to it.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• i loved the dark is rising... and i had to wait ages to get the books cos dad didn't have them in his collection... -now he does i haven't tried any of her others, lacking copies of them and hating our library system. tui, if you enjoyed that, try the wierdstone of brisingamen and the moon of gomwrath by alan garner - they're similar

Yay! i got Trickster's queen today!!! at last too... *mumblesstupidaussiereleasedatesmumbles* we always get everythin later than everyone else... us and the kiwis...do any of you enjoy reading Tamora Pierce? if so what's your favourite book of hers? mine's the entire song of the lioness, that was really what got me started on fencing .

Alla

Comment

• I liked the Dark Is Rising series - I read Over Sea, Under Stone first, not realising that there were any more. It must have been about twelve years later (1980 or so) that I found out there were more, and read them. Can't remember much about them, after so many years.

I read both The Weirdstone of Brisingamen and The Moon of Gomrath, too, and liked them - the first time was also when I was something like 10-12.

I haven't read anything by Tamora Pierce, though.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Haven't read that one.

OMG, my godmother's husband just called me, asking me if I thought DaVinci Code was SCIENCE FICTION or real. I think he read it and believed every word of it. I told him firstly that DaVinci Code was FICTION, not SCIENCE fiction, but he didn't want to hear. Then I told him that the book was FICTION and some parts real, and he started saying that the book was SCIENCE FICTION and that every fact could be verified. Then my godmother heard him and started arguing with him and took his phone and started saying to me that her husband didn't understand anything and then the husband took the phone and told me that He'd call me later.

Weird godmother and husband.

DAVINCI CODE IS FICTION! NOT SCIENCE FICTION! THE MATRIX IS SCIENCE FICTION! GET A DICTIONARY!
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I think I've heard of The Dark is Rising...
            eh....... not Tamora Pierce, I read the circle of magic books or whatever... eh..... My friends are trying to get me to read the Alana books....
            lol, my mom's family is mad at my mom for letting me read da vinci code cuz they all thought I would believe every word of it, *snort* Some facts are true, like historians really are thinking that Da Vinci was gay and all the places in the book actually exist etc. But A LOT of it is totally fiction. The only thing I'm not sure about is that I've seen a pic of The Last Supper and the "apostle" to jesus's right really DOES look like a woman...
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

• Yeah I saw that picture It DOES look like a woman.
              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• I just Googled for the Last Supper, and the figure on his right has a moustache in this picture!

A Last Supper .

What do you mean, there's a different version?

Comment

• hahahaha... you gotta love that last supper - is there anything that Lego hasn't done?
                  Ive seen the Monty Python and the holy grail bit and the soccer one too

Comment

• Trickster's Queen is out? My friend'll be dying to get that one. I don't know if I will... Didn't like the first one too much. *shrugs* Might be good. My fav. are the Song of the Lioness. Her books are way too fluffy, but I like those.

I can't stand the Circle of Magic books. GRRRR.

Oh, help us. *can't stop laughing* PM is being silly again...
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hahaha.
                      Lego went way over it's head on that one.
                      Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• YES!!!!! ABARAT 2 IS FINALLY OUT!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Anyone who read the first one (doubtful...) the second one just came out, Days of Magic Nights of War. I just slaved my butt off to get it and now I'm HAPPY!!!!!!!!
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

• So, who else has their copy of Going Postal? Yippee!!! New Discworld!!

I really like all the postmarks they've designed onto all the beginning pages. Can't wait to crack it open and start reading.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• That lego thing was funny PM. lol. I bet lego hasn't made a lalibela! (A bunch of monuments.) It would be so cool if they did though...
                            Now about books...hmmm I'm reading the 2nd YW book over again...Ponch reminds eerily reminds me of BIW...
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• If you go to Legoland in California, they do have a "lot of monuments". In fact, they've reproduced major monuments from all over the world. In Legos. They also have a full-sized Darth Vader, with glowing lightsaber, in Legos.

Misquoting Homer, "Mmmmm. Legos. Is there nothing they can't do?"
                              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Originally posted by meteorite:
                                If you go to Legoland in California, they _do_ have a "lot of monuments". In fact, they've reproduced major monuments from all over the world. In Legos. They also have a full-sized Darth Vader, with glowing lightsaber, in Legos.
                                There's a Legoland in England, too, but I sort of feel I need to take a kid along - I've never been to it.

Misquoting Homer, "Mmmmm. Legos. Is there nothing they can't do?"
                                All this just from a Leonardo da Vinci painting?

Have you seen the Brick Testament? Ok, it's not complete yet, but it's growing .

Comment

Working...
                                X