Collect books much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calliope:
    One of my pet peeves is people talking to me while I'm reading. Can't they see I'm busy?
    I so know how that is! There's this evil neighbor on my street... *shudders* Sometimes... I read outside... and then She comes. *gasp!* And makes fun of the book cover while I'm reading. Which so does NOT help me read.

Oh, god, you haven't read the third Artemis Fowl yet? OMG, so good, so good!!!

No reading in trees? Aww. I hate pine trees. I love to sit and read in the magnolia tree that's in our yard. It's a pain in the spring, though. Have you seen one flower? The petals are thick! Literally. People slip and fall walking on our yard cuz of that. *shakes head* But you can write with the petals too. I've made a tradition of coloring in a knot on the tree with flowers every year. I doubt the mark will ever go away. You don't want it on sidewalks. It stays for months.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I've never climbed a tree before in my life. All my friends are smaller and lighter than me so nobody can give me a boost up. It's such a pain, So I've taken to reading on the ground.
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I love reading in trees! I am really small and light so it is easy for me to climb. But we moved out of the military housing and into an apartment, and you aren't allowed to climb the trees :vP which really stinks, so I have to stick to reading in my book nook in my room.

It isn't as exciting as reading in a tree (but thank God, it is a lot more comfortable ;vD)
        ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

Climbing is so much fun Z! Try it some time! Really! Just take off your shoes... it's easier that way... It's easier to climb trees then fake rocks... it's easier to climb real rocks then fake rocks... *grumble*
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

My tree is easy to climb. It branches off kinda low, but you still need to be strong to lift yourself up. And have a good grip. And not be too afraid of heights. Most of the good 'perches' are higher up. We've named them all, too. Mostly by who has claimed them and who goes where, ect.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

is the third artemis fowl reall've read the first two just haven't gotten around to reading y good Ithe third I guess
              "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
              The sun also rises,
              The day goes on."

Comment

I didn't understand anything you said in your last post Defender.

I have a tree in my backyard that I have to climb sometime. I usually read in my room on the couch. I used to read while listening to the radio but now it's too hard to concentrate.
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

wow that got scrambled
                  wierd I must be uber dyslexic
                  is the third artemis fowl reall've read the first two just haven't gotten around to reading y good Ithe third I guess
                  I meant to say:
                  Is the third artemis fowl really good I've read the first two. Just havn't gotten around to reading the third.
                  "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
                  The sun also rises,
                  The day goes on."

Comment

*interrupts* Just counted mine... I found 340-something on the main shelves in my room, then I would guess another 100 in the shared shelves in my room, plus at least another hundred stashed all over the house.

...I officially rock. XD I also have friends who like to read. However, my acquaintances are not so enlightened, so when I walk around school reading (it makes sense to me. it's not like the school's scenery is all that interesting when you've been there nearly 7 years..) people think it's amusing to step in from of me and shout "Tree, Tui!" Ahahahahah, not funny. Fortunately we're all friends, and when I run at them screaming and waving my book they don't get too scared.

My parents both read. Mum quite a lot, Dad less often... they're both insanely busy though, so mum gets annoyed when she sees me reading and goes all "I wish I had as much time to spend reading as you do!" I think she's trying to hint that I should help hang the washing out, but I can be really dense sometimes.... (just kidding. I hang the washing out. )

mmm. Bookstores. There's one in my town, Unity Books,, which is SUCH a good shop... it's fairly small and selective, so they only have really good stuff, and I'm absolutely CRAVING their YA section. And their New Zealand section. And their poetry section. And, ooh, they've got the entire Montana Essay Series in stock. Now that I would kill for. *dies slowly in torture* must... have... money...
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Defender:
                      What?

Defender:
                      Is the third artemis fowl really good I've read the first two. Just havn't gotten around to reading the third.
                      Ah. Yeah, it's really good! If you like the first two, the third is great. And you have got to ge The Wish List by Eoin Colfer. It's very very different, but very very good. It was awkward for me to see what I thought of it. Was the ending sad? Or happy? Or what...?

I wish I had tons and tons of money just for books... But I don't. All I have is a bit of money left on a very nice gift card. From... I think it's for Borders, but I can't remember. Usually my only option is to go to the library. There was this really really good book at the library that I want to buy and keep. I don't know the title or author, but I think it starts with an S and I know the author is female. A lot of help that is... Aug.

Comment

I like libraries. Talk about book collections! San Diego's public library system sucks. You can never find what you want at your local branch. If I'm looking for something, dollars to doughnuts it's in storage at Central, or I have to go to UCSD, or I have to think about interlibrary loan.

Used book shopping can help out on the budget side, though. If you can find a really good used bookstore, a lot of times you can find out-of-print books, or newer books more cheaply. The only downside is that the author doesn't get part of the money you paid for the book.
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

*grumble* I've now read most of the "Young Adult/Teen" section at my library and the only good adult books, which are about... hmm.. 10 or 20. Now there's nothing to read there. And I'm broke, so I have no money. Actually I want to read The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, someone on here suggested it to me in Book Swap..... But my library doesn't have it. They don't have the Door books either... I can't find ANYWHERE that does... It's sad.
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "I could live

Comment

Aw, hell, M. That's rough. Even my Costco has the no.1 ladies... and the rest of the books of the series. Have you tried looking at other branches that could trade with your local? Does your library have an online web catalog?
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Yep. I've looked at all of them, only two are close enough for me to go to though. And the nearest one HAS the book, but it's checked out and has 11 people waiting... *ergh* Well, I've always got the books I've been wanting to read but never had enough time... Like Sabriel and Deception Point... hee hee.
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

Oh, the San Diego branches will send books among each other for free. You just have to call the branch and ask them to send it to your local. Check the website, maybe your library system does the same thing.

And yeah, but it's funny how you never really wanna read those books so much as the one you're currently hunting down. Sabriel is fun, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X