Collect books much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collect books much?

Hey anyone collect books here? If so what books/authors/series/whtever.

So far my book count = 107 and thats just my personal collection. Must have a good 3 thousand with my dads
    "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
    The sun also rises,
    The day goes on."

I think every bibliophile collects books. Everyone here has a personal library probably.

I wouldn't bother counting my collection, but by guess, it's somewhere around 150....

Comment

way to burst my bubble jk!
      "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
      The sun also rises,
      The day goes on."

Comment

I collect books as a rule. I even have several that my grandfather gave me that were published pre-1950. I try to avoid reading them. In one case, I had a fear of breaking the binding so I bought a newer reprint. I'm not obsessive.

As for a count...I'm sure that would be impossible. I've got books stashed in ever nook and cranny available. Lots under my bed, on my desk, in my bookcase, on my bookshelf, and loads boxed in the garage.

I have an addiction.
        http://superdrea.net/

Comment

You uys have a lot of books! *shakes head* I'll go count mine...

Woah!!! I didn't know I had so many books. My 4-row book shelf and the shelf on my desk has 108 books. Then there's my second copy of Eragon downstairs and my infamous book shelf. My infamous book shelf has... Only 7? Oh yeah, I cleaned it off recently.

So I have a total of 116 books!

Ha! I beat you! I wasn't expecting that.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

It an odd week when I have bought a book!! I must have nearlly 200 sci-fic and fantasy books!! I also tend to buy the older versions! Like DD's tale of the five books, you can only buy them as one re-printed book!! I spent two weeks serching for all the older versions of them so I could have seperate books! I have to say though I find buying off ebay good! they always have so kind of book I want to buy My mum and dad just shake there head, that might be because I packed aload of books away to make some more room and I sort of re-filled the space within two weeks wat can I say?? hahahhahahah,
            Fox
            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I don't know how many books I've got. I started numbering them more than ten years ago, and I don't know what number I got up.

I do, however, remember that I rigged the numbering slightly so that Terry Pratchett's Sourcery was number 666, as it seemed appropriate. I wasn't expecting to get all the way up to the more appropriate 888 at the time.

I didn't count books like the Peanuts cartoon collections, either.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I have no idea how many books I have, but I've got a lot. I need another bookcase. I haven't bought that many recently, because I mostly just read books from the library. I'll count them later though, if I've got time. It'll take a while.
                <3
                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Well, I know I have three bookshelves crammed with books (don't even go there), and then there're books lying around all over the house. Everywhere. Recently, though, I've been reading books at the library and then buying them if I know if I'm going to read them again and again. I read them so fast my parents think it's pointless for me to buy them. *snicker* My aunt likes to give me her romance novels when she's done with them, and there's my grandfather's horde of non-fiction...
                  Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Uh... I haven't counted but you can barely see my desk cuz it's sooooo covered in books and I have at least 200 in one bookself... maybe 100 in another... and then there's the books under my bed and in my desk and on my sister's shelves....
                    *Agent~M*
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                    "I could live

Comment

I have about 190 books. I also have a lot of little books that I've had since I was like five, and I've got about twenty or so magazines. My little brother has lots of books too, but they're really little.
                      <3
                      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I have a collection of Cicada, a writing magazine. It has short stories and poems. I love it. That's basically the only magazine I get.
                        Metaphors be with you.

Comment

I want National Geographic magazine. We used to have a subscription but my mom canceled it a loooong time ago. I've been living off of old copies from like the 80's.
                          Calliope, you should get the magazine called Calliope! There really is a magazine called calliope. I think it's a history magazine cuz I saw it in my history class...
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

The build-in bookshelf at the end of our main hallway is nearly full, as are the 2 other free-standing shelves. My paperbacks, reference books, and miscellanea mainly live in the hall, one of the other bookshelves is my husband's collection of naval history and fiction, and the third shelf isn't really a bookshelf, as it is occupied by a CD player, some CDs, and miscellaneous computer equipment. I do, however, have plans to replace one of the smaller bookshelves with an ENORMOUS built in shelving unit, then all shall tremble before the library!
                            "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                            "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

I get Horse Illustrated. I used to get Highlights when I was younger. I love the horse posters that come in the magazine. I want to put them on my wall, but I haven't gotten to that yet...
                              <3

Comment

Working...
                              X