No announcement yet.

Collect books much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandpa was in National Geographic. I have many books! But not to many magazines. I've never really found a magazine that I really liked...any suggestions?
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I want to work for National Geographic... *dreamy eyes*
      Hmm... Music magazines? I dunno... um....
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Really? Calliope? Hah hah...I think I have a National Geographic from the early '40s somewhere. Our school library was getting cluttered and the librarians were giving them away.
        Metaphors be with you.

Comment

In the mornings when I didn't have a book at school, sometimes I'd borrow one of my teacher's, usually a National Geographic. I love to read them. There's always something interesting/important to know.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I always bring a book to school. It drives my friends crazy, because they try to talk to me and I have my head in a book. Not many of my friends like to read.
            <3
            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I love teachers who have seemingly never-ending reading material. Hey Z, what was the article about your grandpa about?
              Metaphors be with you.

Comment

When I don't have a book at school I read the encyclopedia. My favorite is the E one. I know a bunch about earthquakes! Like the biggest earthquake was in Southern Chile and a 9.8 on the richer scale in 196-something...
                I like TIME magazine the best. Everytime I try to read National Geographic I look at the pictures instead. They are so pretty, their photographers do an amazing job.
                Awesome Calliope! Those National Geographics could be worth something if they're that old. We have some from the 50s.
                I don't know what it was about...again with the picture thing. I think I'll sit down and read it today and then get back to you...

Comment

I luff National Geographic!!! I'm not always interested in every article but like Gryphon said, there's almost always something interesting or important in them. I really liked one about a "lost" amazonian tribe, one of the last that hasn't made contact with the outside world. *bounces* that's the kinda story I want to write. I REALLY want to work for National Geographic...
                  *gasp* Angelstar your friends don't like to read???? *runs away from angelstar's crazy friends* All my friends love to read, well... except for one. She likes to look at the covers and what the book is about but she rarely reads the book. She asks me about what's happening in my books a lot though... I think she likes stories but she doesn't like to actually read them.
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "I could live

Comment

I'm going to try and save it for a long time. It's so weird to read the articles and look at the ads. They're so old!
                    Hehe. I think most my friends read the books I recomend just to shut me up. But that's ok because they usually end up liking them. One of my pet peeves is people talking to me while I'm reading. Can't they see I'm busy?
                    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

I know a lot of people who don't like to read. And I just don't get it. Maybe they just aren't reading the right books. I love to read and I do it all the time! But I don't know what's with these other people...

Comment

My stepsister says she doesn't like to read cuz it takes her too long and she had better things to do. *roll eyes* Just cuz it takes her twice as long to read a page as I do doesn't mean she needs to hate reading. *grumbles*
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

uggg I'm pathetic I just went to Barnes&Nobel and spent a little over $200 on books thats almost all of my money earned this summer. PATHETIC. lol but heck books are wonderful. Call my OCD but I love how neat and orderly they are. Especially if its series since they all look alike to an extent. I love them all lined up on my book shelves .
                          "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
                          The sun also rises,
                          The day goes on."

Comment

I wish I had 200$ to spend on books... *sigh* Oh well. I have to make do with the library...
                            I LOVE BOOKS!!!!!!!!
                            *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

Yeah I love bookshelves that have series in order. I put bookshelves in my room and did all of the series I had in order. I can get very orginized if I want to. I didn't really like reading series' until YW.

Comment

I LOVE series LOVE them. I get so obsessive about them and ordering them I have 3 book cases in my room and one GIANT one down here with the computer(thats 7 shelves all let me grab my tape measure....10 ft.

oh ya and I LOVE series especial by Terry Brooks Terry Pratchet DD, and this new Eragon series is really good
                                "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
                                The sun also rises,
                                The day goes on."

Comment

Working...
                                X