No announcement yet.

Collect books much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents don't read much, they just work a lot. It's odd to see my mom or dad reading a book. I read all the time and now I need to get the 3rd Artemis Fowl book!
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

You haven't read it yet? It was GOOD! It might even be better then the first... which was super good too. And his other books "The Wish List" and "Supernaturalists" Were REALLY good too He's a good author.
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Farenheit 451? I have to read that for school over the summer. I was so happy to get out and be able to read only what I wanted to, and they had to send a booklist. Not a long one, but still.
        Every year on holidays I get a ton a B&N gift cards. So much fun.
        Twenty books is NOT a lot. When we first moved in here we had gotten rid of our old bookshelves, which were falling apart from too many books. Before we got new ones our living room was stacked with homeless books. Not twenty, a lot. Now they're all back in their nice little shelves, where my dad and I obsessively alphabetized them. ^_^
        Metaphors be with you.

Comment

I love wishlist and I really want to get Supernaturalist. (I read the prelouge or whatever in the 2nd Artemis Fowl book.) Time to go book shopping!!!
          I feel so geeky cause my dad is always like, "who wants to go to the bookstore?" and me and my brother say ido!ido! Yeah me and my family spend quality time at the bookstore instead of camping.

Comment

lol. That's not geeky.
            Booklists rock calliope! My grandpa likes to take me to the bookstore and after I choose a book he's like "You can get another" and after like 6 books I'm like, "Okay Grandpa I'm good now..." lol
            *Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

Really? That's so cool. My littles brothers/sister tend to make a lot of noise in bookstores, so when we go I get lost in some big armchair in some little corner for an hour or so. I've read whole books there. The problem is, if it's a big book, remembering what page I was on.

Actually the booklist is ok, but it's getting in the way of my own list.
              Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Ugh. My brother and dad can stay in bookstores for hours. For some reason I hate reading books in bookstores! And being in a bookstore 2 hours straight bores me to tears. I'm less than a book worm than my brother or my dad so I get very annoying when I'm in a bookstore.

Comment

For me, depends on the bookstore. There are some where I could happily spend an entire day, y'know the legendary stores: Blackwell's in Oxford, or Hatchard's, or even Powell's in Portland. I even made friends and played with the cat at Other Change of Hobbit in Berkeley and Dreamhaven in Minneapolis. It depends.

I agree, B&N or Borders and the other big chains aren't good for more than two hours, really, even with Starbucks inside.

Hmmm... How many books do I have? Golly. Er... about two or three thousand? Maybe? And I'm pretty sure comic book wise, I've got about three thousand.
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I know what you mean. My problem is that if we stay for too long the people who work there start giving us weird looks.

Those sound like my kind of stores...
                    Now I want to go to the library. See what we've done?
                    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

No, no, if it's the right kind of bookstore, by the end of the day, the staff and you are on a first-name basis and going out to dinner together.
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I like going to like barnes&nobel where you can find comfy chairs maybe get a coffee and read. Of course no were is as good to read as your own bed
                        "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
                        The sun also rises,
                        The day goes on."

Comment

I can anywhere... When I went to CA there were SOOOO many good climbing trees.... being like 15 ft up and reading is very cool.... But reading at the bookstore is fun too, I like the big leather chairs at Barnes and Noble. But reading in bed is comfy and I can listen to the radio from there....
                          *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

I especially love to read in bed with ym cat ginger sitting on my stomach! she's wicked cute.

The sun also rises,
                            The day goes on."

Comment

My favorite reading place is in this giant willow in front of my house. My parents hate it because the leaves are a pain to rake, but I love it.

The only bookstores near me is a huge Barnes & Nobles and the Book Cellar, which I love but it has no chairs.
                              Metaphors be with you.

Comment

lol there are way too many ticks in my area to go reading in trees. Plus their all pointy sticky pine trees. They HURT lol.

The sun also rises,
                                The day goes on."

Comment

Working...
                                X