No announcement yet.

Collect books much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love Series! I try to put my books in order... doesn't really work cuz I re read them so much... lol.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

lol ya I put mine in order of publication then all the books in order of type and then in the diff types I put them in order of which series I like the best
      "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
      The sun also rises,
      The day goes on."

Comment

Dang! I have trouble just putting them in alphebetical order.... But then again I have around 300 books... Heh heh. I used to spend all my allowence on books.... now I get no allowence cuz my room is too messy... *grumbles*
        *Agent~M*
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "I could live

Comment

ya I got allowence when I was little and my parents always made me put it in the church collection plate

The sun also rises,
          The day goes on."

Comment

*shudder* That'd be not fun....... *shudders again* My sister is rich. She's coming close to 300 dollars... *groan* she's better then me at everyhthing. And I'M the older sister!!! *grr* She can't spend money to save her life though. She's like "Well I like this thing, but I also like this thing.." and I'm like, "You're rich, why don't you just buy both?" And she's like, "Buy both? What? buy? Both? What?" lol
            *Agent~M*
            "I could live

Comment

haha

The sun also rises,
              The day goes on."

Comment

I have 300 dollars or more...
                I don't allow myself to spend more than 100 dollars a year so I always have a steady 200. I can always stock up on money during Christmas and Birthdays. (I have many relatives.)
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

When my mother was looking for a new house years ago, and I was going round them with her, one man apologised for "all the books" in one room. There was a shelf with perhaps 20-30 books on it. That was all.

At the time, I had five cheap bookshelves with five shelves each, and the paperbacks were two deep on them to get them in, so I didn't think 20-30 was a lot of books! (There were also other bookshelves, and stacks of paperbacks on the floor, and the built-in cupboard didn't have much other than books in.)
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

20 to 30 books? A lot? Insane person.... *makes insane person sign* I luff books SOOOOOOOO much. If there were no books in the world I would die... Really I would. Anyone read Farenheight 451? GOOD BOOK! Sad book... kinda depressing book... but REALLY good. Books are outlawed and firemen start fires instead of stopping them.... The firemen are the ones that have to burn the books. *shudders*
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

I wish I had money to spend on books. The only money I have is like $1.00 on a gift certificate. I spend most of time either reading or on the computer. My books aren't really organized, but I have the ones in series together, and books with the same author.
                      <3
                      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Hmm... I'm thinking about when my mom will one day move out of this house and move to a smaller one... We have 1,000 books at the very least... hee hee. We've got 5 decentley large bookshelves in our house and one room where the closet is absolutley stuffed with books and you can't see the floor because there are so many stray books or boxes of books on it... hee hee. Reading kinda runs in the family...
                          *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

No, I let him keep his delusions .

After all, my mother might have wanted to buy his house (she had more books, too, but I didn't count hers) and I didn't want to annoy someone who could put the price up. I can't remember now if that was the house she liked; it was several years ago. (She never did move, because the house she wanted was taken off the market, and she went on blood pressure medicine as a result, and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.)
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

My parents don't read at all, unless reading a book to my little brother. The last time my mom even tried to read a book was like two years ago. She maybe got half way through before she just stopped reading it. Once I start reading a book, I normally finish it. I think there's only been one book I didn't finish.
                              <3
                              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

"My parents don't read at all"
                                Scary... Of course my dad didn't really read a lot until recently... now he just kinda reads the bestsellers and takes months to read them. *shrug* And my mom doesn't read as much as she used to, she says she doesn't have enough time. It's weird cuz now I can suggest books to them and my mom asked me the other day if she could borrow my copy of Digital Fortress....
                                *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X