No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm planning on seeing PoA at 7:30pm on June 2nd. Oh, right.

I'd say Cuaron's better at atmosphere than Columbus was. Inevitably, things changed from the book, and I don't agree with them all, but...

What am I going to watch next? I don't know - I've only seen three films this century, and I don't think I saw any in the 90s.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Shrek 2? I'm too lazy to scan the preceding pages and see...I thought it was pretty good, for a sequel. The music wasn't as good, but it was still funny.

"It's a thong!"
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• hi
        i want to see shrek 2. It looks funny. I've read a lot of reveiws on it and everyone said it was even better than the first. And everyone i know who has seen it says that you have to stay for the credits.
        *ciao foro membro!*
        "lost time is never found again"-Benjamin Franklin
        "Don't let your education interfere with your schoolwork"-Mark Twain
        ~steph~

Comment

• Ooh! Me wants to see Shrek 2!!!

Ella have you seen The Day After Tomorrow?? GOOD MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD MOVIE!!! I'm obsessed. You can kinda tell.... heh heh.
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Shrek 2 was very funny! I liked it!

"Look at our little mutant babies!"

I'm down---*Clears throat* I mean, I'm gonna go see DAY AFTER TOMORROW SOON.
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• "Look at our little mutant babies" ?? Now I REALLY want to see Shrek 2..... So many movies to see....
              *Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

• Seeing PoA tomorrow, I think. With family. Then the day after that we can chat and talk about it! OOH!! Better check and make sure my IE works with Chime.

Comment

• Me and my friends might go at midnight to see POA. But we don't know if we can get in without a person 18 or older. (Sometimes you're not allowed after 11:00!)
                  penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Made the midnight showing of PoA last night, and I enjoyed it, but I have a feeling some folks might be a little disappointed at how typical-Hollywood it is. A ton of stuff is missing, as Peter's mentioned. (spoiler:<span class="ev_code_white"> the only big drastic cut I really didn't like was them not explaining about Sirius Black being the Potter's Secret Keeper, and just who Messrs. Mooney, Proudfoot, Wormtail, and Prongs were.</span>) You get the feeling that a lot of scenes were written and maybe even shot and cut. And Cuaron has made it grittier and more grotesque than the first two films. Given that it's a darker book, that's not necessarily a bad movie, but for really young kids, it might be a bit of a shock. What surprised me was how much more distanced it felt--you were watching the story, not participating in it.

OTOH, they made the map better than I ever imagined it--(slightly spoilerish <span class="ev_code_white">I loved how it was built of Latin text, as if the entire map was written in spells</span>), and the Shrieking Shack scene has four amazing actors (Rickman, Oldman, Thewlis, and Spall) squaring off with each other to amazing effect.

It's definitely worth seeing. To me, it's a lot like the LOTR films: if you're only in it for the adventure plot, it's ok. But a couple layers of resonance are missing, you hate a lot of the cuts and transpositions, and you look forward to a possible extended cut on DVD.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• My brother saw it and he liked it. a friend of mine did too and he didn't like it. I haven't yet seeen it.
                      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• La dee da... I get to see POA tomorrow... Da dee da... *grumble* It's the last day of school and I'm bored.
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• I'm going tomoroww with my friends hopefully. None of our parents would drive us there at 12:00 so we had a sleepover instead. (I'm quoting my friend. "Our parents probably didn't want a bunch of 12 year old girls in a dark movie theater along...movie theater--dark--lots of people! *hint hint*" quote off.)

Comment

• lol. Never been to a midnight movie... latest would probly be 8 *grumble* The limits of being 13....
                            *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

• What are you talking about?! I'm not even 12! (The limits of having a summer birthday.) Anyways I have been to a midnight movie with my parents. And that's no fun. I love going places with my friends and classmates. At Valleyfair (I promise I won't talk about valleyfair anymore after this post.) we hung out with two of the boys in our class and we tried numerous ways to dry off after water rides. (None of them were successful.)

Comment

• Well, 13 12 11.... whatever!
                                After water rides... hmmm... Nope. I've tried going on Wild Thing after a water ride... didn't work. lol.
                                *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X