No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAR WARS EP 3 MAN! IT IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!

it's coming out on dvd nov 1st.

WHICH IS NEXT TUESDAY! WAHOOOOOOOO!

I'm not a star wars obsessive.
    ---------------------------------------
    YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
    "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent M:
      Does anyone know anything about the HDM movies?
      Well, the IMDb has its current status as "Announced." And it's already turned over two screenwriters and two directors, which is never a good sign. AFAIK, it hasn't started filming yet, so pretty much all bets are off on casting, etc. Best site I've seen for news on the flick is probably hisdarkmaterials.org

Sigh. I still remember the glory days when we thought Tom Stoppard was gonna do the script...

BTW, anybody else as intrigued as I am by the Nanny McPhee trailer? I loved Sense & Sensibility and the fact that Emma Thompson's doing this screenplay and starring and Lindsay Doran is producing (as they did with S&S) has me happy with anticipation.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Is anybody going to see Saw 2 when it comes out. I liked the first one, suprise endings are great!, but I'm not sure on the next one. There are some sequals that I would never watch again, but there are some that are better than the first, so I don't know which one Saw 2 will be.
        Lover of Most Books...
        Finder of Lost Things...
        Eater of all Sweet Stuff...
        Wonder of the West...

Comment

• So, which do you want to see more? King Kong or Narnia? (Or, like me, are you awaiting the flood of Oscar contenders, like Munich, Brokeback Mountain, Memoirs of a Geisha, Transamerica, Mrs. Henderson Presents, etc. or even feeling in a Johnny Depp mood and waiting for Libertine?)
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I heard Nicole Kidman was gonna do Mrs. Coulter on Golden Compass.

Kli-> I'm dying to see King Kong. I mean, I read the Narnia series (not all of them but some) and they're good and all, and the movie looks great, but King Kong's trailer's like... awesome. XD
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• "I heard Nicold Kidman was gonna do Mrs. Coulter on Golden Compass" yeah, you heard that from me. lol
              I'm gonna see Narnia on Fridaaaaayyy... *excited* ANd I want to see Memoirs of a Geisha, but I want to read the book first.
              I saw Walk the Line last night and it was REALLY good, just really long... and it was kinda hard to watch for my friend 'cause she didn't know just how screwed up Johnny Cash was... He got a little creepy in the middle, but other than that it was really good
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

• Strangely, the more I see of Munich, the more hyped I'm getting about it. I had no idea that Tony Kushner (Angels in America, Homebody Kabul) was writing the screenplay. And it's Spielberg in "serious mode." Hmmmm....

Diego, I know what you mean about King Kong. I'm just happy that Jackson's enough of a fan of the original to have put the dinosaurs in. Man, I think I showed the original B&W movie six times in a row at Comic-Con one year.

M, yeah, I'm thinking of doing the first-night thing with Narnia, too. If I'm really lucky the local theatre will do a midnight show.

Comment

• Well I saw the Narnia trailer, this time with the reviews it's been getting.!

5/5 stars!
                  Two thumbs up!
                  Magnificent!
                  Unforgettable!
                  Year's Best!
                  Awesome!
                  Mind-blowing!

...list continues.

Right now what I want to watch is Night Watch, afterwards I think I'll go with King Kong then maybe catch Narnia with some friends.
                  Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Diego--for me, Narnia's released the week before King Kong is, so it makes more sense for me to see 'em in the other order.

OTOH, I'm also dead intrigued by Ang Lee's "gay cowboy" movie (Brokeback Mountain). I love it, moviewise, when it's December, and everybody dumps their Oscar contenders all at the same time.

Comment

• Kli--> They'll probably get here about a month after you guys do so it doesn't really matter for me. XD
                      Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• So, I caught the midnight show of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and it was a lot of fun. They changed a lot of small details from the books, but overall, it felt just right, and all the big pieces of the story were in place. They also made some bits funnier, which was nice. I'd recommend it.

I do feel kind of stupid, though, that I completely forgot to equip myself with Aplets or Cotlets, so I'd be eating rahat lokum (aka turkish delight) while I was watching the flick.

Comment

• Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was AMAZING! They did it wonderfully, though they did do things a little differently, but they did some of the scenes EXACTLY how I pictured them. I'm usually not one to be happy with books into movies, I usually hate them and rant for weeks, but this was awesome! Totally see it you guys, it was funny, but it was Amazing at the same time. And really easy to get into. And I loved the Beavers! And the guy who played Edmund was great, and all the kids really. heh Peter. There were only two very minor things that bothered me: there was no blood. None. At all. It was kids movie, yes, but they could at least show a little... and the way Peter held a sword made me flinch. But it was still way cool, you guys all have to see it!
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

• URG!!!!!!! I was gonna go see Narnia yesterday with a whole bunch of my friends but they decided to see it when I couldn't go! So I had to see Rent with my BF instead. That's ok, I love that movie.
                            Can't wait for Memoirs of a Geisha. What's this Liberine thing? I'm always in a Johnny Depp mood, so I kinda really want to know. I still haven't seen Serenity or Mirrormask. Makes me sad. I'd like to see Walk the Line, I've heard from pretty much everyone that it's amazing.
                            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                            I promise not to funfun anymore
                            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Hmm...so many movies, so little time. I really want to see Narnia, but I haven't had time to go yet. My pop culture teacher is giving extra credit if we go to Walk the Line and bring him our ticket stub, so I want to do that soon. Everyone's telling me to see Rent, and it sounds ok...I don't even know what it's about though. Memoirs of a Geisha sounds really good. Bet I won't get to see it though. It's not that high on my "I want to see it" list.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• Ok, maybe it's just me, but I can't help feeling that this is just WRONG. Sam Raimi directing Wee Free Men? Augh!!!!! Yes, Spiderman 2 rocked, but that was because they had Chabon and Millar & Gough on the screenplay!

I mean, Raimi's the guy who did Evil Dead and Xena....

Oh, well. It could've been far worse.

Oh, and (not like we didn't expect it), Disney WILL be doing Prince Caspian.

Comment

Working...
                                X