No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I saw it. It was amazing! I'll tell you the full story. My grandmother called us up on Saturday, and asked if we wanted to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I, who hadn't seen any of the other movies, accepted, but since it turned out that our American relatives were coming over, we had to move it over to Sunday. So, that night, after eating dinner with them, we all went back to the house, and watched the first movie (the DVD version). We were planning on watching all three, but there wasn't enough time, so I ended up seeing only the first one, and the fourth one the next night. You could say they were the perfect movies for me, with action, adventure, puzzles and comedy (some).
    "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
    -Terry Pratchett
    Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

• I've actually seen a lot of movies lately. I liked Prince Caspian pretty well, although it's been ages since I read the book so I couldn't remember most of the plotline or if there were any major changes.
      I also saw Kung-Fu Panda. I know, a total waste of money, but it was actually quite cute and extremely fun. See it with someone hyper.
      I thought Indiana Jones was rather stupid. Aliens?? And evil ants??? Then again, I've never seen the other Indiana Jones movies, so I can't exactly judge.
      I went to see The Dark Knight last night. Dressed up as a fairy with my friends. It was hilarious, people thought we were crazy. Anyway. Heath Ledger was entirely amazing, and I'm so sad that he's dead because his performance was terrifying and the Joker was definitely the best part. He made the movie. The plotline left a little to be desired. Oh well. I'm not big on action movies, I went mostly for Heath Ledger anyway. And cause we decided that the best fairy movie was Batman. It was also slightly annoying cause the kid sitting next to us talked really loudly through the whole thing and laughed obnoxiously at everything.

I also REALLY want to see Mamma Mia. I know. I feel guilty for even saying that, but it looks hilarious and really fun. By hilarious I mean unintentionally of course.
      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
      I promise not to funfun anymore
      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• I saw Prince Caspian too. I thought it was a good movie, but they totally screwed the plot line to get it where it is. They added the attack of the castle, got rid of the whole happiness-y part, and made Caspian too old. Plus, where did the whole Caspian-Susan thing come from!?!

... Well that was pretty negative.
        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• I am so behind on the movies this year... I'm struggling to remember which one I saw last. I've a horrible feeling it was one of the Xmas releases, and I saw it out in Kenya in December or January. It might have been The Golden Compass. (Edit: It was, On December 13th last year, before I went to Kenya.) I guess I'll catch some of the rest when they come out on DVD and others when they get shown on TV. Recently I came close to seeing Kung Fu Panda, but that was it. So which others have I meant to go and see, and then missed?

The Spiderwick Chronicles (I think the DVD's out already.)
          Prince Caspian
          Wall.E
          Dark Knight (I guess there's still a chance I'll catch this in the cinema.)

Not much else grabbed my attention.
          -- Rick.

Comment

• Wow, i had no idea there were that many movies out...i saw Prince Caspian, the Golden Compass, and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, but that's it lately...

Comment

• Hehe, I've only sen the Dark Knight from that list.
              "Half of the ehhif on the planet go to bed with empty stomachs: the other half die of eating themselves sick...." -Rhiow,The Book of Night With Moon

Comment

• Lessee...From summer to now I've seen The Dark Knight, The House Bunny, Traitor, Mamma Mia!, and Get Smart. I think that's all. For the record, I didn't really want to see House Bunny, but my friends wanted to, and who am I to argue?

Upcoming movies I want to see: The Family That Preys, which looks fantastic from the trailers I've seen. Also, Appaloosa. I know it's a western, but I have nothing against those, and I kinda want to see Jeremy Irons in cowboy gear.

Apparently they're remaking My Fair Lady sometime in the relatively near future, and Keira Knightly is in the running to play Eliza Doolittle. I'm of the opinion that they shouldn't remake that movie, but I may have to see it anyway to figure out if any of the stars can sing, and sing well. Listening to Pierce Brosnan sing in Mamma Mia! was an adventure, but I suppose it could have been much, much worse.
                I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Ah, yes. Maybe I should see Get Smart? A friend who remembers the original from childhood has been making enthusiastic noises about it. However, I never saw the original...

I hear a rumour that there's a possibility that Mamma Mia! will get sing-along screenings, if only because just about anyone can sing better than Pierce Brosnan! Who knows... it could turn into something of a cult, like Rocky Horror....

P.S. *waves back to folks who've waved or said "Hi!" in the shoutbox*. Usually I don't even see it, thanks to NoScript and such-like...
                  -- Rick.

Comment

• Has anyone besides me actually seen Wall-E? I thought it was fantastic, but most of my friends thought the commercials looked dubious. (Or that they'd take it over Kung-Fu Panda, which I am pretty sure I would not like. Sigh.) I especially liked the denouement before the credits.

I saw Prince Caspian too. I liked it, on the whole, excepting the Susan/Caspian part. It's barely hinted at, and then there's your token Hollywood moment right at the end there! The falseness was repulsive; I was very glad when the Pevensies finally walked out of Narnia. Ignoring this glaring problem, the rest of the movie is just fine as it is.

I also caught the Spiderwick Chronicles

Comment

• I was kinda sad when the next Harry Potter movie was moved to next summer...and I think my dad was basically heartbroken, poor him.

I will see Twilight, though...yay...vampires...

I want to see Mamma Mia, but my mom won't let me. That, and Shutter, 27 Dresses, and another movie called Flight Plan.

Recently, I watched the first Pirates of the Carribean movie, and I liked it. It was great, and very funny...now for my library to get the second movie...
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I was kinda sad when the next Harry Potter movie was moved to next summer...and I think my dad was basically heartbroken, poor him. Frown Razz
                        It was _going_ to come out in summer for me, instead, the date that they have picked is two weeks into the term for most school children in Australia. *sigh*.

I went and saw The Dark Knight a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it (despite it being very sad that Heath Ledger gave a brilliant performance). Go and see it if you can

I'm going to see The Mummy 3 tomorrow night It should be amusing. Has anyone here seen it? Even if it isn't good, there's Brendan Fraser to watch, and the guy that they've got playing Alex doesn't look half bad either

Comment

• Oh I saw Mamma Mia! The other day, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. If you don't like ABBA songs than you'd probably die watching it because it's like song after song after song. But it was wicked cute.

Hm... movies I want to see... Oh Nick and Norah's Infinte Playlist!! I want to see that movie, I can't wait until it comes out! It looks really funny. They have the boy that played on Juno, the Paulie Bleaker kid? I can't remember his name but he's funny.

And I'll be waiting for Twilight to come out in November...

I'm a little sad that Harry Potter got pushed to summer... Those movies are like my traditional Thanksgiving movies!
                          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Since the dizziness is making movies problematic for me (sigh), I'm sticking with cable for a while. And I just saw a really charming movie about a man adopting a troubled kid who believes he's a Martian. It's called Martian Child, and for the older DD fans, it may be of interest, since it's based upon the Hugo and Nebula award-winning (and semi autobiographical) novella/novel by David Gerrold, of "The Trouble With Tribbles" fame, and (to us more notably) the guy who hired DD as his assistant, and wrote the "overture" to Door Into Fire.
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Kathy, you forgot to point out that he didn't write an introduction to TDiF (I CAN HAZ STARLIGHT?) because he'd much rather be making overtures to Diane than introductions. :-)

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but Donna borrowed it from her mum, and she liked it.

Marina -- I would worry about the stars singing -- after all, Rex Harrison talked his way through the songs, and they redubbed Audrey Hepburn with Marni Nixon. There is a clip of Hepburn singing "Wouldn't it be Loverly" on YouTube: I wish they had left it that way. I like Nixon (especially when they actually let her get her face onscreen in The Sound of Music), but if the star can sing, let her do it!
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
                                Kathy, you forgot to point out that he didn't write an introduction to TDiF (I CAN HAZ STARLIGHT?) because he'd much rather be making overtures to Diane than introductions. :-)
                                No, I left that part out so you'd have something to say. And I am so gonna get this shirt someday.

My favorite Marni Nixon dub was when she did the singing voice for the grandmother in Mulan. She did the singing voice, and June Foray was the speaking voice. There was just something wonderfully goofy about having the two of them do the same character.
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X