Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cress:
    I cannot stand Napolean Dynamite. It's not so stupid it's funny, it's gone beyond that to just being really stupid and boring.
    \
    *nods* I agree. That movie was horrible. Boring and lame and utterly stupid. >.< I can't tell why anyone would like it...

Mean Girl's is supposed to take place in my town. The mall that they go to is called Old Orchard, and I've been there a million times... The girls in my high school really do dress and act that way sometimes, maybe not THAT extreme, but it's not too far-fetched. My town has really bad "clique" problems, (though it was actually worse in Junoir high... way worse). This is one of my sister's all-time favorite movie, but I agree with Hungry and can't stand Lindsay Lohan so I didn't like that movie much...

Rcently I saw the Boggeyman. It made no sense and ended real lame. I have no idea how the actors were able to sound so serious when talking about a "BOGGEYMAN!" Horror movies really don't work for me, I'm not a fearful person, however my friend thought it was scary.

Comment

• Wow, lots of stuff to comment on. I guess this will be a meta-post *grin*

Cress:
      I cannot stand Napolean Dynamite. It's not so stupid it's funny, it's gone beyond that to just being really stupid and boring.

kaiba4ever:
      *nods* I agree. That movie was horrible. Boring and lame and utterly stupid. >.< I can't tell why anyone would like it...
      Well, while I agree with you that it IS a stupid movie, I must admit it has some attraction for me. I think it's because I grew up there. Not EAXCTLY there, but nearby. It was filmed in Preston, Idaho, and I grew up in Idaho Falls. For what it's worth, it really is like that. Really.

Char:
      (Was Wonka really insane in the book?)
      Well, not quite like he is in the movie. He's a little crazy, but much more happy, likeable, and even childlike in the book. In the movie, he seems kinda paranoid and doesn't really like children. I didn't get that from the book. It's rather fresh in my mind, because I just finished reading it to my kids.

Angel:
      Saw Batman Begins. Eh, pretty good. I love the villains(has one in common with Red Eye, actually!) but the whole movie felt like a preview.

Cress:
      I just got back from seeing Batman Begins. I didn't really like it,...
      Really? I've been surprised by how many reactions I have heard from people have been so lukewarm. I really loved that movie. I've always been partial to Batman, and this was excellent. It completely made up for all of that other schlock that purported to be Batman movies.

alla:
      And we got to see the Harry Potter Theatrical trailer thingy (the one thats longer than the teaser) before *dances* It looks _really_ good. I'm hoping that it won't be another disappointment like the third movie.
      Surprised again. You thought that the third Harry Potter movie was a disappointment? I thought I was the best one so far. It had so much more personality and life than the other two. *shrugs*

db_pr:
      Did anyone notice that the music of El Zorro 2 in the trailer is almost exactly the same on in Pirates of the Caribbean?
      I agree with those that suggest it might be because it was done my the same composer, but there is another possiblity. Often, when trailers are made, the final cut of the film is not yet complete, including the music soundtrack. Most film trailers use music that is not actually from the film. Many of the pieces used actually came from other movies. One notable exception was the music from "X2: X-Men United". It used music from Gustav Holst's "The Planets".

Anyway. Just my two (or four, or six) cents.
      Worlebird
      ------------------------------------
      "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

• Ive seen many movies and hears my review
        Valiant= Thumbs WAY down It stinked
        Batman= Thumbs up IT was prety good
        Brothers Grimm= Thumb up and one down, It was a little stupid at end and begining
        Fantastic Four= Thumb up and one down, it was fun but some of the acting sucked
        The Cave= THUMBS DOWN, Worst acting ever! Cool underwater clips, Sucky ending
        I heard Red Eye was really good
        Charlie and Chocalate factory= Thumbs up, Was pretty weird but funny
        Thats my movie review for the day! Tah Tah for Now!
        ~azen
        In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

• One thing...

Firstly, Napoleon Dynamite is the best movie ever, understood?

And secondly, I just saw "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and it was really good... the actress' face alone freaked me out.
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I can't say that I'm evtirely surprised at everyone's reaction to Napolien Dynamite. It was stupid, but it kind of grew on me. Napolien is so stupid and is a bigger nerd than anyone. I have to admit, it is a lot better than the origional film. Yes, there was an original film. Ok, actually, it was a film made for college in 2003 (I think) with no plot whatsoever. So it's kind of a lot better.

anyways, just backing up Worlebird, no, in the book Willy Wonka is a fun-loving, slightly eccentric, kid-stuck-in-an-adult's-body type person. A man who believes the unbelievable.

And I also heard Batman rocked. I'm surprised that nobody here liked it..

Personally, I really loved the 3rd movie. I thought it was really good because they took time to look like real humans for once. The characters actually had life away from magic and seemed like real people, but I suppose everyone has their own opinion, which I respect. (Man, I hate that phrase. Ugh.)

I can't wait until the Goblet of Fire!!

I love you Will Turner!!
            Love You!!!!!!!!!!!
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Wait, Napolean Dynamite had plot? Apparently I missed that part. Huh.
              I liked the third HP best, by far.
              I thought The Exorcism of Emily Rose looked extremely stupid, but I hate scary movies.
              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
              I promise not to funfun anymore
              Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Emily Rose is really good, Batman rocked as well.
                Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• I'm just sitting about, rubbing my hands, and waiting for The Corpse Bride. I had a blast with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the thought of two Johnny Depp/Tim Burton films in the same year is making me very happy.

I also saw a making-of thing on HBO, and it looks absolutely gorgeous. The animation alone would be enough to drag me in, but the voicecast--omg. Albert Finny, Tracey Ullman, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter, Emily Watson, Richard E. Grant, Christopher Lee, Joanna Lumley ... Yowza...
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• *squeaks* I adored The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I'm just a tad bit of a Johnny Depp fangirl, so I am dying for Corpse Bride. I seem to be running out of free time lately though...I hope I have time to see it close to when it comes out.
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Someone called Orson Scott Card...

... he writes books, apparently ...

... wrote a review of Serenity. He seems to have liked it.

I'm not going to say it's the best science fiction movie, ever.
                      Oh, wait. Yes I am.

and

This is the kind of movie that I have always intended Ender's Game to be (though the plots are not at all similar).
                      And this is as good a movie as I always hoped
                      Ender's Game would be.
                      And I'll tell you this right now: If
                      Ender's Game can't be this kind of movie, and this good a movie, then I want it never to be made.
                      I'd rather just watch
                      Serenity again.
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• "Someone called Orson Scott Card..." -PM
                        Orson Scott Card wrote "Enders Game" and "Ender's Shadow" awesome books
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

• PM: Snort.

Serenity, btw, may be the only flick I decide to see multiple times in the theatre this year. I loved it to pieces, even if I was a bit disappointed it really was only a two hour movie, and not another season of the tv show.

Mirrormask was a magnificent treat for the eyes, and if I was disappointed that the visuals were waaaaay more important than the story, that's being disappointed in a good way.

Wallace & Gromit tomorrow!
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I read Ender's Shadow. One of those awesome books that stay in your mind for weeks.
                            Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about the HDM movies? I know that a lot of you guys have read at least one of them... Yahoo movies says that it's coming out in January 2007, but a few years ago they said it would come out in 2005, and then 2006... but Yahoo also says Nicole Kidman is gonna be in it which is a standing rumor and also makes sense, she'd make a great Mrs. Coulter. Anyone know anything else?
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• WHOA! They're making HDM movies?! *Freaks out* I love those books! See, even with the internet I don't get enough information about stuff like that...hope they really are making the movies! Nicole Kidman would make a great Mrs. Coulter...no offense, but she scares me, and that's why I think she'd make a good Mrs. Coulter. Mrs. Coulter is a scary lady. XD

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X