No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like scary movies and are into vampires, wolves, etc... I think that you would probably like it. There are many movies that I have loved and they got bad reviews. One of my favorite movies, case in point, The Fifth Element, got horrible reviews... and yet it is one of my favorite movies.

I am *VERY* proud of you. Good luck with the new job.
    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

I agree with Chani. I haven't seen it yet, but you know how the critics treat movies like that. You just can't trust reviews. I would trust DD opinion, though, I think.
      http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Hey, I just saw The Last Samurai on DVD and liked it better than before!! I could watch it again, and again...

IF YOU BELEIVE ME TO BE YOUR ENEMY, COMMAND ME, AND I WILL GLADLY TAKE MY LIFE".
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

The Last Samuri was sooooooo awesome!!! SO awesome! But we had to take it back the day after we got it... *grumble* And I had just seen a movie with Tom Cruise as a kid so it was kinda cool to compare him as a kid and an adult.
          "Tell me how he died"
          "I'll tell you.. How he lived"
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

Y
            E
            A
            H
            !
            !
            Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

I second that.

Y
              E
              A
              H
              !
              !

Very good movie.. thought I would like it and I did. Reminded me of Dances With Wolves kinda... .little more action and gore, but not as gross (that egg thing in DWW was sick.)
              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.

Comment

So, who's gonna see The Terminal? I think it looks like fun.

(BTW, best movie I've seen so far as summer action flicks go, is Shaolin Soccer. Total hoot.)
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

ooo Never heard of it until I saw the link. Sounds preety good. By far the best movie ive seen in a while (and acctualy it's preety old) is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Second would have to be Pirates of the Carrabian.(I think thats how you spell it )
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Spielberg and Hanks, what's not to like?

But, then, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a classic. Second only to Life of Brian.

If you liked Pirates of the Carribean, you might wanna take a peek at King Arthur. Same producer (Jerry Bruckheimer, the guy behind The Amazing Race and all those CSIs, too) and still in association with Disney (who are, of course, also Touchstone and Miramax).

My fave list of upcoming movies is the IMDb's "Now Playing" page.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

King Arthur. Looks great. You can find Trailers, and TV Spots in the "Videos & Trailers" section in my webpage www.takeoff.to/diegogalaxy .
                      Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

I went to see Shrek 2 last night. I highly recommend it. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long long time. It's just really important that you notice all those little details that make it even funnier. Of course, there are also all those jokes that go way over all the little kids heads.

Let me just say something: Shrek 2 is a movie for older people. It isn't really a kids movie. Because there is a lot that you will miss if you don't know certain things.
                        http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Scared now. I should never read Daily Variety on my lunchbreak. I just read how they're thinking of making a feature film of Brideshead Revisited with Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly. (koff). And also how someone's just signed Paul Abbott to make a film version of State of Play. Ohman. Can you say disaster?

Comment

I spent some quality time with my son. We watched HP and the Chamber of Secrets. He loves the snake part. If I am not paying close attention, it still makes me jump when the Basilisk comes out of the water. *sigh* Maybe I am just stressed at the moment. I really don't want to go pack, but I must or I will end up forgetting something and that would be bad.

CoS is probably my least favorite book of the series... but that isn't necessarily bad, for I love the septology (to quote WWP) more than probably any other I have read. Of course that excludes DD's Young Wizard series for there are more than 7 now.

Comment

Shrek 2 was very good.

"Shrek?"
                              "For you, baby, I would be."

I laughed at my mom because when she heard Livin' La Vida Loca she said "...Michael Jackson..." lol

Anyway, it was pretty good.
                              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Anyone seen Troy? it rocked but it was kinda sad since it's loyal to the myth except Troy were the good guys. And as you know, Troy loses.

Orlando Bloom played Paris this time. A SUPER coward who thanks to his bad accuracy kills Brad Pitt (who's character I got a pretty good name for, except I won't say it, because they'll ban me from this site). Eric Bana, now, that guy rocked! He played Hector, brother of Paris, and the strongest soldier of Troy. I liked him here better than in Hulk.

And Peter O'Toole rocked too. Everyone rocked. Except Brad Pitt's character (Achilles). I actually laughed out loud when Achilles was killed.
                                Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Working...
                                X