No announcement yet.

What music do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I'm on a posting roll here, aren't I?

Hmm music.
    *opens itunes*
    The Decemberists, Elliot Smith, Enya, Frou Frou, Ingrid Michaelson, Jane Siberry, Jill Sobule, Joni Mitchell, Jose Gonzales, the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time soundtrack, Linda Ronstadt, Loreena Mckennit, LOVE, Lucinda Williams, Marcy Playground (a bit), Mia Doi Todd, Sally Oldfield, Sheila Chandra, the Shins, Tracy Bonham, one Celtic album, Lakme (the opera) and the soundtrack to Garden State.
    All of this is stuff my mom or grammy introduced me to. I love Elliot Smith, to bad he's dead......
    I listen to a bunch of fairly depressing music. I sing along with almost all of it.
    I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
    -Nita

Comment

Hmm...Well, as a teenager who currently doesn't have a job and is very net-savvy, I have a lot of favourite artists. I'll try to narrow it down, but I really do listen to a wide variety of genres, and like them all equally. In any case, here are some of my favourites (Virtual high-five to anyone who finds some artists here they like as well):

Anna Nalick, Architecture in Helsinki, Barenaked Ladies, The Beatles, Blue October, Coldplay, Conjure One, The Dears, Death Cab for Cutie, The Decemberists, The Ditty Bops, Duncan Sheik, Elvis Presley, Enya, Evanescence, Finger Eleven, The Fray, Fred Astaire, Hank Green, Imogen Heap, Iron and Wine, Jack Johnson, Kate Nash, Lily Allen, Louis Armstrong, Manu Chao, Mates of State, Metric, Michael Giacchino, The Mountain Goats, Natasha Bedingfield, Neverending White Lights, The New P0rnographers (sorry, the forums won't let me write the real name :P), Nine Days, Our Lady Peace, Owl City, Peter Gabriel's Down to Earth (from the WALL-E soundtrack, my favourite movie), The Postal Service, Regina Spektor, The Shins, Snow Patrol, Stars, The Submarines, Switchfoot, Thomas Newman, Tilly and the Wall, Train, The Trews, Vanessa Carlton, Weird Al Yankovic,

Italics means I like them a lot.

Plus: Any classic Disney movie soundtrack, anything found in a PIXAR movie, most 20-30's music, most classical music, most indie music, and, in general, at least one song from every genre.

I like a lot of music

Comment

Haha. I like alot of music too. Most of my music comes from my Mom. I don't know WHAT I'd listen to without her.
        Ooh I like Iron and Wine too I forgot about them.
        Dai,
        elz
        I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
        -Nita

Comment

I love Iron and Wine. In my top 3 favourites, definitely. It's funny though, most of the time my mum and I skate around each other's music until we discover it independantly or through some third party, at which point we excitedly return to the other to introduce them to this band or that artist, just to find out they've been fans for ages XD Usually though we do have basically the same taste in music (though I'll never understand her love for 80's music...personally: blech to the whole decade).

Comment

I see a lot of familiar bands. I like mostly rock and alternative, though I see some pop on my iTunes list as well. And soundtracks. I don't have many, but I love them to death (I put them away and resuscitate them after a few months). I got the Howl's Moving Castle soundtrack all the way from Japan. And since I've gone through my parents' CDs, I found the Northern Exposure

Comment

Working...
            X