What music do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I love my oldies.

As far as J-Rock/J-Pop goes, mostly I only know the stuff my host and her friends listen to. I like BUMP OF CHICKEN, NEWS, some kan-jani 8, and I have one song from Utada Hikaru and one from W-inds that she gave me. My brother likes Mongol800, and sometimes I can stand them, but other times the really bad Engrish bothers me.

~Zin
    Zin

"My name is Matthias and I am the Guardian of a school - a magic school built deep in the heart of Colorado. It's a lot of work, because it's my job to make sure that you don't know we exist. I am not Mundane. Are you?" [url]www.sgmoo.com[/

Comment

It was 25 years ago today, that John Lennon of the Bettles was shot twice in the back and was dead on arrival at the hostpital

<,>-<,>
      ~~~
      No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

Sniffle. *moment of silence for JL*
        Ok, speaking of music........I'm going to a Barenaked Ladies concert tonight and I truly CAN NOT wait. I'm SO hyper. *starts bouncing up and down* I adore BNL.
        The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
        I promise not to funfun anymore
        Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Don't you just love the "Bettles"?

:P
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Heh. Music. Uh right now I'm listening to a couple of Japaneese songs, like soundtracks off of videogames/anime.

Here's the list:
            1000 Words ((from FFX-2))
            Passion (New theme song for Kingdom Hearts II)
            Akeboshi-Wind ((Naruto Original Soundtrack))
            Trancemasterz-seishunkyosokyokusambomaster ((Naruto OST))
            Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni-Little By Little ((Naruto OST))

and

Rocks ((Naruto OST))

Well that's all the Japaneese music, but has anyone ever heard the remix of Linkin Park's Faint? It's like with Brittany Spears' Toxic in it for the chorus...it's ...different..

Well that's all for me. Later.
            ~~~~---------------~~~~~
            sweetbox!!!~

Comment

I used to like Simple Plan before I started to listen to the radio a lot, now I don't know what I really saw in them. blink-182 is awesome. sum41 's purdy good.I like the Beatles ( Revolution,Bulldog,birthday)I've listened to some Linkin Park on the radio,not bad, but it's got to much computer generated crap for me.
              The only Simple Plan song I still really like is Welcome to my Life ,cause it goes perfect with the beggining of SYWTBAW.

Comment

You like Blink-182? It's okay, only song I ever listened from them was Feeling This.

You ever heard of The Pink Spiders? My freind is into 'em. Their one song, Little Razorblade's not that bad.

Well, now I'm listening to System of a Down. I LUV B.Y.O.B.!!!!

~~~~---------------~~~~~
                sweetbox!!!~

Comment

Mom said she read my CD Christmas wishlist to my uncle, and that he said some of it was, "um, a little violent." XD That'd be System of a Down and Slipknot.

Jfish:
                  I've listened to some Linkin Park on the radio,not bad, but it's got to much computer generated crap for me.
                  ...but that's the best part! XD

Speaking of Blink 182, I'd been thinking about What's My Age Again all day (first Blink 182 song I ever heard), and it just randomly came on the radio. ^^' Blink 182's okay, not my favorite.

Of Linkin Park's CDs, I have Hybrid Theory. I want Meteora, but can't find it anywhere without the extra DVD stuff I don't really want (it's cheaper without anyway).

If I'd never joined YW.net, I'd probably have absolutely no taste in music besides vaguely liking a song or two by Kelly Clarkson or Hilary Duff, on commercials on the Disney channel. XD Most of the music I like is Gryph's fault; Nightwish is from Rad, Bic Runga is from Tui... and then there're the radio's rock stations, which are the reason for Everclear, RHCP, and several other things. ^^' *has no life*

Btw, has anyone heard of Chimaira? It's wikipedia's fault I know about them; I was searching for stuff about chimaeras and the article mentioned a heavy metal band. XD

Oh, if anyone wants a good online music search, dogpile has an audio search.

Comment

I love to listen to rap, rock, classical, jazz, R&B, pop, classic rock, retro; I seriously listen to everything. I love ALL types of music, and that includes Screamo, Emo, and Country. Music is amazing.
                    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

I listen to a lot of different type of music. *opens iTunes*.

Let's see... I listen to a lot of Alternative, such as My Chemical Romance, Sum 41, Boys Like Girls and so on. Country, like Shania Twain, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and so on. There's only one Dance artist I listen to, Cascada. A lot of Pop (Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, David Cook) and R&B (Chris Brown). Rock (Green Day, The Fray, Augustana, Pearl Jam). A couple soundtracks (Twilight and Mamma Mia! and West Side Story).

I listen to a lot of Alternative and Indie music mainly. But I absolutely love Taylor Swift and Sara Bareilles. They're up there on my list.
                      Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                      Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

coldplay rocks!!!!!

my favorite type of music is alternative and old-time rock

Comment

Okay, best band in the world! I love Metrostation, officially! And I'm obsessed with Tegan & Sara and Avenged Sevenfold. Sometimes I listen to a ton of screamo and just dance to it. I'm the reverse of the screamo but I love it. No idea why
                          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

My fav music is pop/rock, rnb, country, some jazz, uh... pretty much anything. I love the song Headstrong by Trapt!
                            "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                            "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                            "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                            "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Well the first band I ever truly found on my own and loved was Evanescence, and they still are and probably always will be, if not my favorite, then one of my favorite groups.
                              But I appreciate a lot of other genres...
                              Other than alternative and rock (cheers for Apocalyptica) I was raised on jazz, folk, and celtic music, so I love those too... Classical is something I used to love and have just recently discovered again, Tchaikovsky being one of my favorites (the overture of 1812 is awesome, and not just the well known part but the whole thing.)

Country music is good, and I guess there's some pop stuff that I like... Musicals are great, especially the ones like Wicked and Les Mis. My mom sings so I was brought up to gain an appreciation for a good, well trained voice.

Irish music makes me really happy too, as it reminds me of a bar in the city we used to go to with a couple of family friends on Monday nights. It was always really smokey there, and barely lit, packed with tons of people and their instruments... my favorite was this really old guy who played the spoons like no other... he was so cool! and the sausages were amazing...

Oh! I forgot to mention that I love the Goo Goo Dolls and Jimmy Hendrix and don't like classic rock...
                              Last edited by Nella; January 19, 2009, 02:12:27 AM.

Comment

Music... Haha... there's a strange combination...

I am obsessed with Journey. Well, maybe not obsessed, but I like their music intensely. It's a lot of what I listen to... Well, it's some of what I listen to. Journey is amazing, in my opinion... And kind of before my time, but it just doesn't matter anymore... I like all of their songs, not just two or three.

Tom Smith... I like his music. My favorite songs are Talk Like a Pirate Day, The Twelve Days of Star Wars, and A Pirate Christmas. Though, I do like the song A Boy and His Frog...

Um... After that, there's just a bunch of randomness... I have a few Celtic Woman songs... My favorite ones are Dulaman and Siuil a Run, which have parts completely in Gaelic... It's fun, knowing what they're saying.

I have some Weird Al, some crazy songs given to me by my friends (Pink, Avril Lavigne, Martina McBride...) There are a lot of albums that I used to listen to, but don't anymore... Christian bands, mostly... Jump5, mainly... haha...

I have a ton of Michael W. Smith music... More than I've listened to. My dad lets me borrow his CDs, so...

America is another good one... There's just something about their song Only In Your Heart...

Queen, The Animals, Aretha Franklin, Tom Lehrer... Please excuse the fact that I am just going through my iTunes right now...

A lot of Vampire music (Bella Rocks, The Mitch Hansen Band, anything else Twilight-related), and some Wrock music (Chasing Quaffles, Draco and the Malfoys, The Moaning Myrtles). Some people say that those types of music aren't "real," because they were based on books... But I don't think that's true. Music is Music, no matter who writes it, and what inspires it.

There's a ton more, but I don't have time or energy to write all of it
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X