No announcement yet.

What music do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, the one from the "Two Rooms" album. I like it ... sometimes ... and sometimes it bothers me. Depends on my mood. Stewart doesn't bother me all the time.

Do you have a favorite, to contrast, of Elton's?
    -----
    Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
    "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

Buran:
      Do you have a favorite, to contrast, of Elton's?
      Several, actually.
      Probably the one I like best is the version of "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" that he did with George Michael.
      I also enjoy "Yellow Brick Road", "Honky Cat", "Someone Saved My Life Tonight", "The One", "Bennie and the Jets"...
      Geez, it's starting to look like the listing from a "Greatest Hits" album.
      Worlebird
      ------------------------------------
      "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Elton John!"

(and the crowd goes wild)

It's pretty sad that I know the crowd noise and all the announcements before, during, and after the song, without having to listen, isn't it?
        -----
        Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
        "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

I like a wide variety of music. Green Day is pretty cool, and I love musicals. My friend got me hooked. I also just listen to whatever is in at school at the time to, for the sake of looking a slight bit less insane.
          sehlinger
          -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

I haven't posted in a music forum yet? Wow, I'm surprised at myself!!

By my icon, you can probably tell I love music. I like Tchaikovsky; We saw Act I and II of Swan Lake the other day at school, And I really loved the music- It showed so musch emotion, and in my opinion, completely covered for the lack of words.

I love classical period, which is weird, cause no one else I know does (save some o' you guys reading this Forum). Piano classical is ok, but after playinig it for so many years, you get sick of hearing one on the radio or something. Symphonies are more my type.

Country Rox my sox!! (ok, I know that expression got real old like 3 months ago, but I can't help it! ) In fact, right now I'm listening to Keith Urban, (and for those I haven't already begged to listen to in some chat or other) he is TOTALLY the best!!!

I like Choirs too. I have a musical Fairytales CD with some British People singing, and they are reallly good. My fav is The Reluctant Dragon (or as us U.S.ians say, St. George and the Dragon)

I like a bit o' rock, some classic rock, and almost anything else that pops on the radio.

I especially love Bowling For Soup's "Come Back to Texas". I sing it very loud!

and Greenday still rocks hard! WOOOO!!

musicals...heh heh... I sing them, and get hooked on them, and then, about a year later, I realize what a dork I was...heh heh..

ok, I guess this is a pretty long post; at least it felt like it-it took like 10 minutes to write...or should I say it is TAKING..meh
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Originally posted by kaiba4ever:
              Who agrees that you don't have to UNDERSTAND music for it to be very totally AWSOME music? Oh, I don't care what the heck the song is saying... I love music whatever language it's sung in!
              I totally agree. I think that music is one of the few things that you really don't need to know the language to understand or appreciate. Take jazz or classical music for example, there may or may not be words, but there's no denying the emotion that is expressed. This can also be applied to music in other languages as well, if its good music, you don't necissarily have to understand the words in order to understand the language of music.

<3

Comment

Anoo. . .

To me, classical is just missing something. . . Which is why I really love European powermetal. NightWish and Sonata Arctica are particularly good, I like Lacuna Coil too.

At the moment, I really like Corneille's "Parce Qu'On Vient de Loin," because I love the lyrics. . . . and yeah, I do understand them. I'm Canadian, dangit, of course I speak some french.

Comment

Japanese techno is awesome. XD I was hooked on my Gravitation mp3s for the longest time. Jpop and anime music in general tends to be really great. (Only the originals, NOT the dubs! Unless the dub kept the original music...) InuYasha, Gravitation, Full Moon wo Saga****e and even ones like my beloved Yuugiou have excellent original music scores.

Country Rox my sox!! (ok, I know that expression got real old like 3 months ago, but I can't help it! ) In fact, right now I'm listening to Keith Urban, (and for those I haven't already begged to listen to in some chat or other) he is TOTALLY the best!!!
                  *twitch* Meh, country is NOT my thing. I've heard some of Keith Urban's stuff, and it's ok, but in general I tend to dislike country. It's just not my thing...

Tchaikovsky: Lots of fun.
                  Beethoven: Not for me. Mozart pwnz Beethoven and Bach.
                  The rest I haven't heard of
                  I love Bach! XP He is so awesome. Anyway, classical can be very beautiful to the ears, but it is *NOT* going on my ipod.

I prefer stuff like alternative rock and pop and stuff like that. Basically I'll listen to whatevers popular at the time and is playing on the "top fifty" at the time on the radio. If it's an unusual band that's not extrmely-popular, then I'm unlikely to have even heard of it. Besides my odd selection of Jpop, I tend to no be to very selective when it comes to music. Then again, considering the fact that iTunes doesn't even have half the songs I want, maybe thats not entirely true...

My friend loves to listen to all this "hard metal," where all they do is scream and slam their guitar. *Shrug* I don't hate her playlist, but mine is quite different from hers. There's just a limit to how much hardness in hard rock...

And finally, I have a question for all of you who know things . . . Is Limewire legal?

Comment

I will listen to anything that comes on. Rock, Pop, country, I don't really care. I will even listen to songs that are not so popular if I like the sound. It doesn't really matter to me, so long as I can enjoy the music I hear.
                    Lover of Most Books...
                    Finder of Lost Things...
                    Eater of all Sweet Stuff...
                    Wonder of the West...

Comment

I don't like hard rock. Its too soft. If you're going to call it hard rock, then at least make it hard.

Really, punk is harder than hard rock. EMO is harder than hard rock. COME ON PEOPLE. Simple Plan doesn't count. They're a freaking boyband. I like them, but they're Backstreet Boys for a new decade.

My favourite bands in english are Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, From Autumn to Ashes, NightWish, AFI, Sonata Arctica, and Lacuna Coil. . . ^^ there are probably more, but hehe.

Comment

I used to be pretty much exclusively an oldies girl. Beatles, Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel (and Simon's solo stuff), The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, all that stuff. I still love all that stuff to death, I guess I'm just branching out more. I listen to some Weird Al, and some J-Pop and J-Rock that makes me miss Japan (was there for a month in the summer).

Now I'm pretty thoroughly obsessed with some alternative-folk-rock type stuff. My favorites are Dar Williams and my new obsession, a trio (2 girls and a guy) called Girlyman. I went to two Dar Williams concerts with Girlyman opening in three days less than a week ago, and I am completely hooked. I don't know many people where I live who listen to alternative-folk-rockish stuff, though.
                        Zin

"My name is Matthias and I am the Guardian of a school - a magic school built deep in the heart of Colorado. It's a lot of work, because it's my job to make sure that you don't know we exist. I am not Mundane. Are you?" [url]www.sgmoo.com[/

Comment

hehe iTunes Music Store ROCKS! It makes it so much easier to listen to music that I wouldn't have bought an entire CD for. I've downloaded 2 Riverdance songs, which are cool - and the Best of the Proclaimers album... bit of a scottish accent overload. I also got a few disney songs, that I wanted, but were missing from my collection. Oh, and the Sabriel Audiobook.

Music tastes for me... anything with a good melody, with or without words, and it doesn't really matter how old it is. Most of the stuff with words that I like listening to is old (i.e. Beach Boys). Other than that, I love epic movie soundtracks - like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. The HP soundtracks are also good - I can't wait for the new one. It sounds awesome.

Comment

Meh I listen to music alot I don't have a favourite type of music.

But Recently this band called the Googoo Dolls (or something like that) Released this song called "Better Days" It's the BEST song I have ever heard.

-MBF
                            ---------------------------------------
                            YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                            "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

http://www.flashenhanced.com/darwilliams

I found this ecard for the new Dar Williams CD, My Better Self, and you can hear a bunch of her new music on it. Here's some of the slightly more obscure stuff I'm obsessed with (I guess I like old stuff and obscure stuff?)
                              Zin

"My name is Matthias and I am the Guardian of a school - a magic school built deep in the heart of Colorado. It's a lot of work, because it's my job to make sure that you don't know we exist. I am not Mundane. Are you?" [url]www.sgmoo.com[/

Comment

You have good taste Zinnia Zeroth! I too love the 70's! Go BEATLES! I also just reasontly gotten intreasted in J-Rock/J-Pop like AIM (Ai Maeda), Kiuchi Reiko, Koji Wada, etc.
                                ~~~
                                No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

Working...
                                X