No announcement yet.

How old are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm, not even a teenager... 12, 13, Gracie?

I'm 11... compared to all you, I feel soo young. lol. :P
    "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

• 25 years old here. I started reading the Young Wizards series during middle school. Not quite sure how old I was exactly, but it's been a long time.

I read up to A Wizard Abroad, but I never realized she continued publishing books in the series until about a week ago. I have all the new books ordered right now, I can't wait to see where the series went while I've been gone!

-Ronny

Comment

• I'm 22. I'll be 22 1/2 on September 11
        2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

• im 12, and human not cat

Comment

• Haha I'm 12... turning 13 October, willowtree!

Comment

• yay! I guessed right! happy days.
              "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

• *chuckling* I would feel old, were it not for the fact that the friend who got me into Diane's books in the first place began reading the series the year I was born. I'm 23, coming on 24.
                Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Omg!

I hate it when i go to a forum and read off evry1s age(not like I look for it...) and see evry1s older than me!

Sadly, I am 12...going on-drum roll-(metaphor to how I act)...24

I do not look or act like a 12 yr old! Im just too odd and sophisticated!
                  (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

• I probably win the contest for "old person"

I'm 60, although I'm not sure how that happened. I guess it happens to everyone eventually, if they live long enough.

I first ran across "Support Your Local Wizard" (first three books as one volume) in a thrift store. I liked the first two, but "High Wizardry" really did me in. It still does, probably because I've been a programmer since 1965 and Diane's magic is the most realistic programming-like magic I've ever run across.

Actually, I'm not sure that wizardry is necessarily fictional. If the universe is a big computer, as an article in Scientific American a few years ago proposed, what would happen if you learned its programming language? It might work just like Diane's wizardry!

Comment

• Originally posted by stheller View Post
                      I'm 60, although I'm not sure how that happened. I guess it happens to everyone eventually, if they live long enough.

I first ran across "Support Your Local Wizard" (first three books as one volume) in a thrift store. I liked the first two, but "High Wizardry" really did me in. It still does, probably because I've been a programmer since 1965 and Diane's magic is the most realistic programming-like magic I've ever run across.

Actually, I'm not sure that wizardry is necessarily fictional. If the universe is a big computer, as an article in Scientific American a few years ago proposed, what would happen if you learned its programming language? It might work just like Diane's wizardry!
                      Awesome idea :-D I also loved HW for it's 'realistic' computer magic.

Off on a tangent - I just pre-ordered AWoM on Amazon. Now I just have to wait till next April and hope... it would be a fantastic birthday present! :-)
                      Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

• Originally posted by stheller View Post

I first ran across "Support Your Local Wizard" (first three books as one volume) in a thrift store.
                        You win on age, but I win on reading them longer -- High Wizardry came out after I started reading the series. :-) (I think Kathy beats me there, though...)

(To save everyone the trouble of looking up my previous entry in the thread and doing the math, I'm 41 now.)
                        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizardling View Post
                          Off on a tangent - I just pre-ordered AWoM on Amazon. Now I just have to wait till next April and hope... it would be a fantastic birthday present! :-)
                          I pre-ordered it too, and I've already said to Herself that if she makes it to DWcon next August, I'm bringing it to be autographed. *G*
                          Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• I am going to be 19 in a little over a month.
                            ---------------------------
                            I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

• Im 18, I picked up SYWTBAW in 6th grade for a book repot and never finished it. Then like 4-5 years later I picked it up again when we were going on a 6 hour drive and I felt likr finishing it and never looked back.
                              Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

• Really I picked up SYWTBAW in 6th grade too, and it took me forever to finish the second book.
                                ---------------------------
                                I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

Working...
                                X