No announcement yet.

So You Want To Be A _ _ _ _ _

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know what I want to be, All my life I've just wanted to learn and try stuff. I'm training as a teacher now but that does not mean i want to be one forever! god I could list at least ten things i want to do but I'm not going to
    Just to say I want to experiance a great many things!
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

me, ill probly be a childrens' books writer...in fact, im actually working on one now, and my aunt is illustrating it; she's a professional artist and all, and im going to send it in to publishers to see if they'll take it...*crossing fingers*

if i'm not going to be a writer, i have no idea what i'm going to be. And why should I?! I don't even know what high school im going into, so I could care less at the moment.
      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Actor (theater, hopefully Broadway, but I'd settle for less) and writer (novels, fiction), probably working a couple part-time jobs and sharing an apartment to make rent.
        And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
        This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
        This spectre on my back shall soon be free
        The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
        --The Pogues--

Comment

I'm a computer graphics tech. I work in a research lab that deals with electron microscopy and I do all sorts of things, ranging from downloading scientific papers from research archives to preparing graphics for publication to keeping the computers running.

Our main research revolves around discovering how a virus works that is a close relative to a virus that causes a major infectious disease, so that what we learn about the virus can be used in the future to create effective treatments or vaccines.

I enjoy the work, but I hope that if funding cuts happen I can revert to doing webmastering and tech support full time for the department.

My side hobbies include photography (I just won second place in a local paper's photography contest), SF&F novels (of course), model kit building (aircraft and spacecraft, mostly), Volkswagens (I own a 2000 Golf, it's got mods) and just generically being a geek.
          -----
          Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
          "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

SO I WANT TO BE A....

WIZARD

Kidding

but I want to be an author and a librarian, a fiction author to be precise I'm aready writing a "book" I have it up on my website hahahaha -.-;;; My friend and I are gonna send it to a publisher!!! (her idea, not mine o.o;; )

Maybe a doctor too

(a docotor who owns a library and writes fantasy for a hobby???)

DAI!
            ~*If Time Has A Heart, Its Only Becuase Other Hearts Stop*~

Comment

Mathematician. Which I wanted to be in first grade, but that was because I'd watched Square One and Kate Monday was my hero. And also I thought mathematician meant detective... ^^;

Comment

I want to be a palentologist when I grow up. Yep, I do! I even have a mini dig-site in my back yard. It`s not dinosaur bones, but it`s rusty pans and stuff.
                "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
                Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

Right now, I'm an International Relations major. Of course, I'm just getting the menial courses over with right now, but I love learning about other nations, their histories, and the tensions and problems inherent in them. I love to travel and love languages, so it's a nice goal. Don't know what I'll end up doing, though... I like economics, so I could do that aspect or go for the more political or business sides. At least I have another 3 or 4 years to decide.
                  After I finish school and have an IT degree, however, I want to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! BWAHAHAH!
                  O

Comment

I love anything to do with history, ancient civilizations. So I either want to be a college history teacher, or I want to be a archeologist. Don't know which on yet, but I am leaning more towards the archeologist angle
                    Lover of Most Books...
                    Finder of Lost Things...
                    Eater of all Sweet Stuff...
                    Wonder of the West...

Comment

As i recall, as a kid I wanted to be a superhero more than anything else. I waited quite some time, and as I clearly have not gained any superpowers, i have more or less abandoned that dream. I would, however, like to be an anesthesiologist. I know i could never be a surgeon, bit there is a shortage of anesthesiologists, and it's a very good specialty to be in. I'm on the pre-med track in college, so I'll see how it works out.

Comment

I'd like to be an author, I'm in the process of writing a high fantasy novel. I'm actually a published author, but self-published, so that's not as cool. I have a collection of poems and short stories out at the moment.

I'd also like to be a teacher, if my books aren't enough to support me. I love working with younger kids, first and second grade, maybe third.
                        "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

maybe a progerammer....or a pro soccer player.......or an author........or an inventor(?!)....or a............. . . . . . . . . .

Comment

College history professor
                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                            **Neets**
                            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I wanted to be a zoologist until I realized I'm not a science wiz kid.

I really want to be a screenwriter for movies. Or a director. To be an author would be great, but I want to see my writing, so to speak.
                              ---
                              Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

Scince I love bioligy im probably going to say docter.
                                (\__/) "Be amazing"
                                (+'.'+)
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X