So You Want To Be A _ _ _ _ _

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So You Want To Be A _ _ _ _ _

I'm just wondering what people are thinking of doing when they grow up.....

Post away!
    "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
    The sun also rises,
    The day goes on."

lawyer. Prosicuter against parents who abuse their children to be exact.
    Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
    I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
    If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

Hungry would like to be a children's books editor for some reason. She doesn't really know why, just as she doesn't know why she is speaking in third person. Hungry just likes to correct people's mistakes, and is good at editing when she gets serious. Another thing Hungry might like to do is be a chef, as she's not a bad cook, and she'd be around food all day, which is good for when Hungry gets hungry.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

So you want to be <STRIKE>A</STRIKE> The Queen of the World.
        I want to grow up to rule the world. That's what I've decided on because I don't know what I want to be when I get older. I guess I'll get back to you guys when I find something realistic.
        I like Hungry's idea about the chef. *Runs of to burn some food.*
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I'd like to go into some kind of scientic field, or maybe into the paranormal, like a paraphyschologist.
          "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
          -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
          'Creator of Sonderwear'
          -----------------------

Comment

paraphyschologist? :S

I would like to go into R&D. I don't know. Maybe I'll be an engineer.

*imitates Sr'eee* "I'm only two!"

Lolz. Well, not THAT young, but still plenty of time to think about it.

Comment

An astrophysicist. XP Joking, that's much to consfusing with all the astronomy-stuff physics... >.<

I really like writing, so I guess I want a job concerning that. Maybe an author or a journalist or something.

But in truth, I'm really too young to be sure.

Comment

I would like to be an astrophysicist, quantum mechanic, or theoretical phycicist. Or of course any combination of the three.
                And, yess, I am being serious. I'm quite ambitious.

Comment

Yep, a paraphyschologist! Have you ever seen shows like "Ghost Hunters" or "Most Haunted"? The paraphyschologists are the brains behind the shows in a way.
                  "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
                  -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
                  'Creator of Sonderwear'
                  -----------------------

Comment

So I want to be a Volcanologist. I'd actually like to work for the USGS at some stage, but I don't know whether I'll ever get to that. Failing that, I'll settle for being a geologist.

Wow, Josh, you like physics, huh? Quantum mechanics is interesting, but I'm hopless at it. I was interested in astrophysics at one stage too, but the jobs are few and far between ..

Alla

Comment

So I want to be an author! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Well, I've actually made a list of possible jobs and reasons for and against them. They range from geologist to soccer player to lawyer to singer. When it's not 12:11 am, I'll type it up and post it. I wrote it in...December of 2003, so it's outdated. VERY MUCH SO. HISTORIAN? Geez, I haven't read this in forever...short version:

Singer
                      Lawyer
                      Writer/Journalist/Poet
                      Teacher
                      Linguist (my Tolkien phase showing through)
                      Historian...still confused WHY
                      Geologist
                      Artist...fat chance
                      Mapmaker
                      Librarian (I'm well on my way.)
                      Professional Soccer Player...see artist...

I was a weird sixth grader!

Anyways, I've matured since then. Now, I've considered jobs in computer stuff. I may not know any fancy lingo, but since the episode of YGO where Seto's fixing up the original duel disks, I've had this strange obsession about the different dimensions of computers. There's the scientific part, about the reason things work and the cellular things. Then the physical aspect, how to put it together. Finally, there's the many different programs you can run on it, and the html stuff.

Another scientific thing I want to study is this techno book/paper thing. It's like bendable paper that has cells. When the cells get a certain electronic signal, postive I think, the black side goes up. When the negative side is activated, it turns white. Something like that...I have the article somewhere.
                      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

So I want to be journalist! hehehehe, all you little people, look at National Geographic 20 years from now and I'll be in it! muahahahhaha!!!
                        I thought about being an author when I was little, but I love traveling, so I'm gonna mix traveling and writing And if I can't write for a living I'll live on the street, so if I'm not in National Geographic 20 years from now look for a redheaded hobo on the streets and you'll find me.... hehe, just kidding, kinda
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

Yay! I'm not the only person who wants to be an astrophysicist! I don't exactly care if I'll get a headache every hour from studying that sort of thing. I don't really know why, but I guess it's just that...all those things waiting to be discovered, all those new things to think about, see things that no one else has seen before and hasn't been ruined by humans yet...
                          Well, it's hard to explain but that's the closest I can get...*sighs*

For backup I have:
                          <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
                          <LI>Some other field of science (but never medical)
                          <LI>Computer programer (don't ask me why...)
                          <LI>Pianist
                          <LI>Clarinetist (preferably in a symphony orchestra)[/list]

I really don't want to be a:
                          <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
                          <LI>lawyer (especially after a certain summer camp)
                          <LI>teacher (I just don't have the patience to teach, only to learn)
                          <LI>doctor/nurse (I HATE getting colds or going near sick people)[/list]
                          -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

I'd like to be an author, but I really don't know if I'm even close to good enough. Other than that...who knows? Definetely something artsy though. Couldn't stand science or math for a profession.
                            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                            I promise not to funfun anymore
                            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Originally posted by A Traveller with Magic:

I really don't want to be a:<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>doctor/nurse (I HATE getting colds or going near sick people)[/list]
                              Might not wanna mention that around DD, given her previous career before she became a writer. Some of you folks may have noticed that the Wizard's Oath bears not a small resemblance to the Hippocratic.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X