No announcement yet.

So You Want To Be A _ _ _ _ _

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The list of what I wanted to be as a kid is too long (/random/silly) to go through. What I want to be now is a jeweler, of one sort or another. I'm working on it. As long as I can get my motivation up and running (somehow...) then I'll be able to do it, because I'm already pretty good at the actual work. It's the business side that I'm no good at.

Blue

Comment

Superhero! Totally, you know like have the powers of the xmen people. Hehehe. Or superman, or spiderman. Whao that would be totally cool. Don't neet to drive because "I can fly!". *giggling*

Comment

I don't know what career I want, but I know what I want to study. It usually comes in the other way around, doesn't it? Anyway, I like Mathematics and Linguistics (languages). Maybe I can get a job as an anthropologist or something with the government.
        I don't know. I am really good at finding patterns with things, and math and languages are loaded with them.
        I will figure it all out when I get there.... (but if you have any advice, I wouldn't object)
        Horses lend us the wings we lack.

Comment

An writer, professor, husband, father, wisdom dispenser, gamer, strategist, psychologist...

Most likely, I'm going to graduate with a BA or BS in Psychology, go to law school, and then become a lawyer and practice family law. But in thirty years or so, I'm definitely going to write a novel, if not for the world, then for myself =P.
          Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
          Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

I want to major in business in college, and open a store for japanese styled comics. ^_^ I'm also probably going to study graphic design, because it's fascinating. But yeah. That's what I want to do.

When I was little, I wanted to be a vet. Then I realized how much pain and suffering I'd see, and I was like "um.....I don't think I'll be able ot handle it". Then, I wanted to be a lawyer. Later on, I realized how dry and boring law is. lol So I'm going to do business. ^_^
            "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

I want to be a nurse or a pastery chef. I'm not sure yet.
              Dai Stiho cousens

Comment

I have far, far too many career ideas. Herbalist, massage therapist, mediator, counselor, florist, chef, botanist, or street musician. I'm good with any of those. The only problem is that I can't decide... oh, well, I'll figure it out eventually. Other than careers, I'd probably want to be wife, mother, gardener, herbalist, spinner, cook, maid, and whatever else I feel like.

Comment

I am rather unsure of which career I would like to pursue as there are so many things which interest me. At this moment I am considering becoming a viral pathologist, bioengineer, robotisist, computer scientist, theoretical physist or psycologist. My greatest fear is having to choose a mojor in college. I shall probably have a double major.

Comment

Ooo. Have I not posted here yet? I suppose not... Anyways, I want to be a speech pathologist, which is basically a fancy term for speech therapist. What I would love to do would be a bilingual speech therapist, Spanish and English. That'd be rather hard, though, considering where I live right now, hehe. I'd rather stay in the states, but I'd like to study the language enough to at least be somewhat decent in it.

As for a fantasy-like career, the perfect job, would be either a famous poet or famous musician. I would like to be in a band or play a variety of instruments or something musical. Of course, that's not going to happen. I'm not that talented.

When I was little, I wanted to be a teacher. After I realized that the kids might be taller than me and that I couldn't deal too well with people in general, I wanted to be a vet. My squeamishness and general "back away" attitude towards anything...icky discouraged that idea.

Speech pathology appeals to me because it involves two of the things I love most: people and language. Though my field would include all ages of people in all situations, I especially love little children. As for the language part, well, it's not all about language. It's also about swallowing, and training muscles and such, but language is the generally publicized part. Words are amazing. I guess it's the whole wizardry thing, heh. Loving words, language, anything to do with putting letters and sounds together...

Whoa, I rambled a lot. Sorry about that. We had to do a project in English over our "Great Expectations". It included careers, so...yeah.
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Archaeologist!!!

I've been watching Stargate SG-1 for about 5 years. One charater is an archaeologist.

I was orinigally leaning towards Author and Singer/Songwriter. Astromony also.

<STRIKE>And Geophrapy</STRIKE>

sing
                      the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

A novelist
                        I love writing, and I would love to get paid for it.
                        Tell me if you think I should be a novelist after reading my fanfictionshere
                        Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

A PIXAR ARTIST!

I always wanted to work at pixar!

Comment

I want to be an author. I know its not orignal, but I have a good storyline for a book. I really want to write it, and now that I'm out if school I'll have a chance to write it.
                            ---------------------------
                            I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

I want to be a...Singer on Broadway.
                              Reporter.
                              Publisher.
                              Actress (movies)
                              Writer.
                              Ah, the list just goes on and on. That's what happens when you put me and choices in the same sentence...

Comment

It's so cool seeing all the different things that people want to be...isn't it funny how much your horizons widen from when you're a little kid to even in high school? When you're little, job choices are limited to doctor, teacher, lawyer, archaeologist, policewoman, and the like...but now that I'm in high school I see so many more possibilities. I don't know what I want to do right now, but I know that I'm destined for some area of the social sciences. I'll probably get a law degree after college, and I'm thinking about doing public interest law, which is working on big class-action lawsuits for large groups of people on big, important issues, which is the kind of job I would love. I also love politics and international issues, but I don't know if I want to be a politician because I can tell you right now, in today's political climate, someone like me would never get elected. I might like to work in international relations, because, like someone said in a previous post, I love learning about how nations work and relate to one another, how their political, economic, and social systems work.

I used to want to be a writer, and I still like writing, but I have discovered that my ideas are not constant enough for me to make a living off of it. Also, I've found I require structure in order to be really productive. I also went through the archaeologist/paleontologist phase when I was younger. I love acting and singing at my high school, but I have enough perspective to know that I'm not good enough to succeed professionally, and there's the whole structure thing.
                                *Ella*
                                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                                What could mean more than this?"
                                --Bright Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X