Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite scene in the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even know Fox was a man!
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Tee hee. My dad's macho, I've onlly seen him cry once when our dog died.
      I luff the part in DW when Nita finds out what "Do what the KNIGHT tells you" means... I dunno why, I just loved it though.
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

hey db_pr what do you mean I you did not know I was a man!! I drop hints all over the place. *deep breath, deep breath* sorry about that I have to admit that I forgot which everyone else is as well, but it does not matter any how *shrugs*.

Hey M, you saying that as just made me have this suddern erg to go read that book!!! must go...................
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I have no idea which is my favorite. I could talk endlessly about it. I love almost all of the ones mentioned in this topic. But the one I almost always cry about when I read it is when Nita brings her mom and dad to the Moon. It was so awe-inspiring and so touching.
          In Life's name and for Life's sake...

Comment

Probably my fav. is when Ponch, Kit and Nita go talk to the LP In WH. That was great! It was funny the way the LP could not do a thing and It was geeting all mad.
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

One of my favorites is the scene in "Alone" where Ponch curls up with Kit to wait for forever. What better image of canine loyalty? *sigh*

Comment

True, I forgot about that one. I was really sad because I did not know if Kit and Ponch were going to get rescued or not. I sort of knew they were but, I didn't want to ruin the moment!

I had a question about that. Did Kit get autism? I don't think they really came right out and said it, but I think they hinted at it.

**Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Nitafan211,

DD sorta came out and said it in the book and also hinted at it. Confusing huh?

From what I understood, for a time, the more Kit spent inside Darryl's brain, the more autistic characteristics he took on. One major one is feeling overwhelmed with the world in general, and wanting to be alone. Being alone buffers you from too much world... means less people and things you have to process at once. It is like being at a carnival and trying to take it all in in 2 seconds. You can't. There was a point in AWA that DD illustrates autism fairly well... it starts on page 238, about the middle of the page. Hope that helps.
                  -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                  The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                  I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Thanks, I did read a page or so after, he does sort of sound autistic. It is confusing!

**Neets**

Comment

AWA is absolutely my favorite Young Wizard book. My favorite scene is when Nita has destroyed the mirrors and bound the Lone Power. Such an awsome scene!

Comment

so many!

Ok, ever since I discovered this forum I've been keeping a list of my favorite scenes. I don't think these are all of them, but here they are, more or less in order of the series:

SYWTBAW: After the Lotus dies, when Kit cries and then clenches his teeth and gets on with it. Incidentally, don't you love that about Kit- that he cries sometimes?

DW: The entire Truthsong chapter, especially Nita's mom's reaction to being on the moon. My favorite scene in probably the entire series is when Nita and Carl are talking on the beach the morning Nita and Kit leave to perform the song. Also, Kit and Nita dog-paddling and talking about Nita being the Silent Lord... "You do that, and I'll kill you!" "That won't work either!"

HW: Nita on the moon, waiting for Kit, listening to Running Alone. And Dairine watching her life flash before her eyes.

AWAb: Definitely when Nita dumps her drink on Ronan.

TWD: The very end, when Nita and her mom are talking in Timeheart.

AWAl: Kit fixing his TV. And Dairine's speech about how much life sucked.

WH: When Carmela's bugging Kit in his room. ("I thought gravity was a law. You shouldn't break laws..." very ironic.)

WAW: Any time Ronan and Carmela are in the same scene. And Dairine, on the moon, during the spell with Roshaun and then afterward, when he's gone. And when Ronan wakes up on Dairine's bed.

Annnnd, that's it for now!
                        I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
                        -- Charles Shulz

Comment

So You Want...: Nita sitting in Liused when she gets back from the timeslide.

DW: When Dairine covers Kit and Nita's butts and demands payback. Reminds me of my own sister.

HW: The Lone Power's choice - I like how it becomes so dark and Lord of the Flies-esque about the darkness in Nita and everyone and everything, but it all turns out for the greater good.

AWAb: Nita's first time going sideways. It's just so strange and unsettling, and that, along with the first scene at the chicken place with Ronan, were what really pulled me into the book's atmosphere.

TWD: Inside Nita's mom's body. It was hard to read that book since my own mother's been through pretty bad cancer, and I know she'd do the same thing for me.

AWAl: Any of Nita's dreams. One of my good friends has Asperger's and that felt very similar to the times when he walls himself off - too close to home to be comfortable but so understandable.

WH: Dairine's escapades in the shopping mall with the exchange wizards. Too funny.

W@W: When Ronan throws the spear at himself to free the Defender. That moment was so powerful, not to mention that they are my favorite character, and that I'd been having a really cruddy day when I read that, having just failed a Calc test. I was kicking lockers and punching walls so I wouldn't start shouting swear words. That was me but in emotional pain, basically. I don't think I'm ever going to forget that.

From what I understood, for a time, the more Kit spent inside Darryl's brain, the more autistic characteristics he took on.
                          That's very true of any disease or disorder for sensitive people. When I'm around my friend with Asperger's for a while, I start acting like him. When I'm around just about anyone for a length of time, actually, I start acting like them. Thus my constant wondering about whether I have a mental disorder.
                          Last edited by Priellan; November 23, 2009, 11:31:00 PM.

Comment

scenes rather than one. I group them in my mind, even when they're separated. I skip scenes when I want to reread just those parts...

Comment

Hmmm.... gosh, I think I'd end up saying half the books if I chose ALL my faves, so I'm just saying the first ones that come to mind, haha!

SYWTOBAW: When Fred sacrifices himself - it always makes me cry. I mean, he barely knew them, really, yet he gave everything up for them. And the end, after the timeslide, when Nita's musing about things.

DW: Well... when Nita thinks she sees Ed (that IS the shark's name, right?! Oh dear, this means I DEFINITELY need to go back and re-read these books. Hello Winter Break reading list!) after it's all said and done. And her parent's basically resisting the whole thought of wizardry and thinking of excuses. I can't remember where I read it - a book - but it said something along the lines of that people will convince themselves of just about anything to dismiss magic/wizardry. Yeah, and Peach. She just says the most hilarious things...

HW: When Dairine was making all the robots and stuff. I loved that.

AWAb: Totally when Nita spills her drink on Ronan and the guy (names are apparently escaping me this series) is all "No one ever listens to me." That always makes me laugh.

WD: The Transcendent Pig. Seriously, anything with him rocks. When he is talking to Kit, when he's there with Nita and her mom at the end....

AWAl: I'd have to say the dreams Nita has. Those were cool. I don't read this one a lot, however, because it always makes me moody and brooding. I think Priellan has a point and is pretty accurate. That book always makes me... I don't know, odd after I read it. Seriously, my mom would bring it up and be all "Are you okay?" cause I'd be sitting and staring and not talking for long long periods of time. And I guess I was rocking in place, lol. She kept giving me weird looks that night... Ha!

WH: Anything with the exchange students. And with Ponch totally foiling the LP's little plans to keep them all trapped, haha. That so pissed the LP off....

WAW: I'd have to say this is my fave book, so it's so hard to chose just one part... The Crossings battle where Carmela comes in and barters with chocolate, haha. And when Ronan basically says something like "What is it with these Callahan woman and yelling?" That always made me laugh. Even the whole Ponch vs. LP part. Makes me bawl like a baby, but it's just so moving, the loyalty there. OH. And can't forget Roshaun's obsession with lollipops. *laughs and shakes head*

Hmm... like I said, I seriously need to go back and reread all the books next month.
                              "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

Hands down, Tom and Carl on the phone during DW. It's got to be one of the funniest phone conversations I've ever read.

"How about no food?"

Eh hee hee
                                PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                                Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Working...
                                X