Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite scene in the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite part in the books (can't think of any more right now) has got to be when Nita spills the drink on Ronan in the pub.
    "I told you she would turn you into a soggy bear mat,no one ever listens to me."

"Many that live deserve death,
    Many that die deserve life"
    --Lord of the Rings
    "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
    "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

My favorite part is when Nita send's Dairine's bed to Pluto.
      I also like it when Nita finds out her aunt's a wizard. And everything else posted here.

Comment

Oh, practically anything from HW I love. I espeacially like when it's talking about Dari and when she fell down the steps and since then she's been...Dari! And when Dari is debating with the Lone Power, talking to Gigo, naming the mobiles...oh, I just love that book.
        ~Unnamed

Comment

Lemme think on this...

Dunno 'bout you, but I think the flying sheep are cool. I mean, think about it! You'd get a bigger viriety of animals flying over your house.

"Hey mummy! That cloud is shaped like a sheep."
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

It's really odd (and quite typical of me), but my fave passages (they can't really be called scenes...) are all those astronomy rambles in HW... (like the one about why Dairine didn't want to meddle with the transit program, and the one about the "treasure trove of stars" when she's looking at the rising galaxy). I also like the one near the end of AWA when Nita's shoving her socks (uh... figuratively, of course....) in the Lone One's face... that was really funny, metinks. And satisfying, esp. after Dilemma. ...actually, come to think of it, I thought most of the Lone-One-being-picked-on scenes were funny... probably because he's one of, if not the only recurring characters who can have the "Wait. I'm supposed to be all-powerful here. I'm supposed to be able to squish your sorry little rear ends like so many degenerate cockroaches. What the heck is going on here!!??"-type reactions, which I always find humorous.

Comment

i might be repeating someone, but my favorite parts are the "scene in WD when Nita's mom absolutly smacks down the lone power, and the scene in AWH when Nita and Kit are talking to the bound lone power in the ampatheater thing (yes i know i mispelled it, im just too lazy to fix it at the moment. Maybe in a day or two...) and Nita calls the Lone Power a Power That Has Been.
              ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
              +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

My favorite scenes would have to be the aline mall fiasco in WH, when Ed sacrifices himself in Deep Wizardry (I miss Ed), and multiple scenes in SYWTBAW. Too many in that one to say.
                ~Wizards, the 8th wonder of the world.

~The Last Cyber Unicorn, yeah that's me.

Comment

My new favorite scene has got to be the speaking to the Lone Power in the Relegate's Naos...that was so well done....just the idea of having a casual conversation with pure evil...it makes you thing...
                  I'm trying to force my Comparative Religions teacher to read it, but--unfortunately--he never has time to stop and breath...
                  A physics geek
                  And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

My favorite flashes are:

SYWTBAW
                    Meeting Tom, Carl, and Peach
                    Kit after losing the Lotus
                    Fred's sacrifice

DW:
                    Dairine
                    Telling Nita's parents about wizardry/the trip to the moon
                    Nita's conversation w/ carl on the beach

HW:
                    Confrontation w/ the Lone Power and true appearance of Peach

AWA:
                    Did I have any favorite parts in this?

WD:
                    Ponch starts to show his nature
                    Kit playing keep away with the (dragonseye?) like a hackey sack.
                    Nita's musings about what she's going to do.

AWA:
                    Couple of quiet moments w/Kit and Ponch
                    Kit tries to explain the risks of wizardry to his mom
                    Nita trying to keep things going, dealing w/ Dairine
                    Nita's visits with the counselor

WH:
                    Visit to the Mall
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PINK">My favorite scene is in HW(sorry if its not word for word I dont have my book with me!) when Nita's dad tells Nita to do something with her sister and Kit says its a bit late for birth control I love that part don't know why I just do
                      *~*PATRICIA*~*</span>

Comment

My absolute favorite scene has got to be the part in Deep Wizardry where Ed sacrifices himself in Nita's place. Every time I read this scene (especially the lines that he recites from the Song; somehow the fact that they're altered slightly from when they first appeared makes them even more powerful) shivers go up and down my spine.

Lone Power, I accept your Gift!
                        But take my Gift of equal worth:
                        I take Death with me, out of time,
                        And make of it a path, a birth!
                        Let the teeth come! As they tear me,
                        They tear your ancient hate for aye;
                        So rage, Lone Power! Fail again,
                        And see my blood teach Death to die!

There's something haunting about those lines, in a very primeval way -- they sound so right (hope I'm not just babbling here)...

Nerine

Comment

Some of my favorite scenes is where Nita speaks to the trees, and where Nita and Kit meet Fred. When Fred starts hiccup-ing those things is a cool scene to!
                          <3
                          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I have too many faveourite scenes... it's also been toolong since I read the first three books. Favourite line out of teh recent is Ponch: "Dog food again"
                            "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Hi all,
                              I have read through some of these posts and I have to agree with alot of you, when Nita tells her mum and dad about her being a wizard and then taking them to the moon.........oh....that is the closest I have ever been to tears....and men don't cry
                              Fox
                              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Men don't cry, huh?

Well, you haven't met my father then. I have seen him do so on quite a few occasions. But, you are right... most men don't. Not macho to cry.
                                -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                                The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                                I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Working...
                                X