Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite scene in the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fav scene . . . omg absolutely the best scene is when Kit's tryin' to make the new entertainment system . . . DVD, TV, remote, etc. cooperate . . .

I like talking to machines. Heehee.

Oh but some better scenes in other books . . . Dar on her new little planet creating a new civilization . . . that was awesome.

I want to create a new species, toooo!!!! *wines*

*love*hate*insanity*mortal*forever*

~Jordan~
    *love*hate*insanity*mortal*forever*

~Jordan the Magical Frog~

Comment

I love it when Nita and Ronan Kiss , in a wizard Abroad. It is just the best. I also love it when ever Nita and Kit go to the Moon.

Lissa
      "We pray for our sorrows to end,
      and hope that our hearts will blend.
      Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
      And who knows:
      starting a new journey may not be so hard
      or maybe it has already begun.
      There are many worlds,
      but they

Comment

Oh, last time I posted, I didn't even mention: Anything with Tom and Carl. They're the BEST. Even when it's not them being funny/serious/clever, they're in a lot of the best scenes.
        "Fire still works."
        "Duct tape."
        "I wish I had problems like that."
        "Being a wizard makes philosophers our of most of us in the end. As long as that's not all it makes of you, you're OK..."
        "Bad Dog!"

Yeah... I like Tom and Carl. Yes.
        Oh yeah, "Talk to [the koi] long enough and you won't be able to say anything that takes more than 17 syllables."
        "I should send Dairine over."
        "Even their powers have limits."

*snickers and runs away to watch Boomtown.*

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

"how about no food?"

and that end of the conversation slowly degenerated into more loud skawking, the excited barking of dogs, and carl making suggestion to peach that were, at best, rather rude

erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi
          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

hey guys!!! join the rpg, and we'll start a peach fan club there!!!!

http://www.avidgamers.com/playroom

erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi
            PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

*looks wistful* Love the idea of a Peach fan club, but I don't think I have the time to join the RP....

Probably my favorite so far is still... well, the whole end of High Wizardry. From Dairine pouring all of her life into the motherboard and mobiles (with Gigo's help), thinking she's ruined everything, and then in response to her last thought about how she'd failed because nothing ever came fast enough they poured the Manual into her brain... and Choose against the Lone One... to dueling and scrabbling with it and Nita and Kit refusing to flee... to "wept darkness with desire for the light" to everything Peach did and the redeemed Lone Power taking them home. (He's quite good at transport, apparently.) And Looking at them.

There's something really charming, especially, about how after the battle and everything else, when the Lone Power is collapsed on the ground and has admitted it wants to get home and can't, the first thing they're thinking about is how to help.

Comment

*grins* Yeah, it's sweet.

Seriously, the RPG is NOT a big time commitment. It might get faster, but currently we're running at maybe half an hour a week. NOT much. Please join? *looks beseeching* Please?
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

My favorite scene is when Nita finds out that Dairine went to Mars.

Jen26
                  "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

is that I can't keep my mouth shut.
                    -Diane Duane, So You Want To Be A Wizard
                    ---
                    Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

My favorite scene is in Deep Wizardry when Nita and Kit get Peach on the phone and she starts doing all these impersonations. That had me laughing for hours.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.
                      I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                      I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                      For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

SYWTBAW. I forget that chapter. Second last, I think. It's from the time Kit and Nite get back to the "real" world and the Lone Power follows them to the part when they force him away. The dramatic-ness (I dislike the word "drama") of the situation, of Fred's sacrifice, the sheer undeniable evil of Starsnuffer (the most threatening name IMO), the power of the Book of Night with Moon... I think the line(s) that hit me the most were when the moon goes out and the books just says "The loud clang of a metal hoof. Another. Another." That's part of the main reason DD books are good; the descriptions of... well, everything (it's what makes a movie off the series such a bad idea). Bad guys are cool, aren't they? Darth Vader is cool. The bad guys in James Bond is cool. It'd be fun to be them. Even Sauron and Voldemort, to and extent, are fun to impersonate or parody. But not Starsnuffer. Besides being absolutely, unfathomably evil, he has impact. When he shows up in a book I am truely scared, even if I know that no on'e gonna die (than again, I was scared for Nita in DW even though I knew she wouldn't die). No other book or movie has ever had that effect on me, including Voldemort in HP books 4 and 5 (of which some of you have probably read). In the HP books in comparison to the YW books it can feel rather like you're being forced to fear Voldy. Anyway...
                        That's my two cents worth... or my two bits... or whatever that is.

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
                        thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero.

Comment

I have a lot of favorite scenes but most are with Tom,Carl and Peach and oh I like the quote "We could always threaten to uproot them and plant them about 3 miles apart"-Nita and and " Uh,Annie, your cat just went up your chimney..."-Kit"Welcome to Ireland"-Aunt Annie and I like the soggy Beer mat and "They breed I swear they do"-Aunt Annie and I really like it in SYWTBAW when It comes and in DW when It comes and in HW when It comes and in AWA when it comes and AWD when It comes and I basically like how Kit and Nita and who is ever with them handle It.Sorry I said and and It to much.

I LOVE White Tigers and Wolves!I read to much and have been waiting more than 5 monthes to read A Wizard Alone.Pirates of the Caribbean is an AWESOME movie!Harry Potter Books are REALLY Good ask me any question about it I think I would know the answer.People say I have an accent when I leave Wisconsin do you think I do*gets various hurtful spells ready inside mind* WELL DO YOU!
                          I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

My fav scene would have to be at the end of HW from when Darine stops the universe from expanding to when they leave...My fav quote from that part is when the Winged Defender says
                            "never think it, that we were ment to be anything less than equals...and one day you will surpass us and still be our equals..."

I love that part!

Hillary Wan Kenobi
                            The first-ever Jedi Ewok

Loyal reader of Harry Potter and Young Wizards books
                            A physics geek
                            And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

My favourite is, always, the scene with Nita's parents on the Moon. If I'm not careful, I end up blubbing like a baby, especially now knowing what comes in the later books.

From memory, but this is the piece I like:

'But Nita's mother was staring up at the sky with a look of joy so great it was pain, the completely bearable anguish of an impossible dream that suddenly comes true, after years of hopeless yearning.'

"Think how much worse it would be if life was fair, and all the awful
                              things that happened to us happened because we actually deserve them. I for
                              one take great comfort in the completely impersonal hostility of the
                              universe."
                              "Think how much worse it would be if life was fair, and all the awful
                              things that happened to us happened because we actually deserve them. I for
                              one take great comfort in the completely impersonal hostility of the
                              universe."

Comment

I would have to say that some of my very favorite parts are when characters end up on the moon, looking down on Earth. I especially love when Nita takes her parents there in DW.

Also, I love reading the verses of The Song of the Twelve (I love poetry, and have a tendency to inadvertently memorize it).

And of course, you have to love it when Carl's trying to fix the lighting ("I could stop by the supermarket on my way home and get you some candles," Kit said as he got up. "Fire still works.").

Comment

Working...
                                X