Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite scene in the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourite scene in the series?

What is your favourite scene in all the books? I have a lot that I will read if all I need is a quick fix of wizardry, but my absolute favourite is in Deep Wizardry, when Nita takes her parents to the Moon. It makes my eyes go teary, every time, when I read about Nita's mum looking up at the sky.

Look at me, getting all misty just thinking about it. *sniff*. THat scene just fills me with joy. So, without further ado, I open the floor (on this, my third post - be nice to the newbie) and ask you all - what is your favourite scene??

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.

What is your favourite scene in all the books? I have a lot that I will read if all I need is a quick fix of wizardry, but my absolute favourite is in Deep Wizardry, when Nita takes her parents to the Moon. It makes my eyes go teary, every time, when I read about Nita's mum looking up at the sky.

Look at me, getting all misty just thinking about it. *sniff*. THat scene just fills me with joy. So, without further ado, I open the floor (on this, my third post - be nice to the newbie) and ask you all - what is your favourite scene??

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.

Comment

Yeah, in fact the whole Truthsong chapter was a favourite of mine for quite some time. Aside from the scene I made a thread about in the SYWTBAW forum, I also really liked the scene in HW where Nita's waiting on the moon for Kit before they set out to track Dairine and she has a few little revelations about her relationships to other people. I used to make up my own tune for Running Alone whenever I read that bit. I've since heard the original song, and I think I did a much better job than Steve did! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My favorite scene? Gosh, that's a hard one...
        I really like the one where Nita takes her parents to the Moon, and the one in HW...
        I seem to really like the ones on the Moon.
        Also I like the one in HW when they are on that motherboard/planet/whatever and Peach has just turned into (?) the One's champion..I love that scene.

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind."
        -Martin Luther King, Jr.
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

So You Want to Be a Wizard: Chapters Prolouge (1st chapter), Major Wizardries: Termination and Recovery, Timeheart. Basically the beginning and ending of the book. The beginning, because I like to meet Nita again, and again, and maybe one more time before bed. Preliminary Exercises (meeting Kit) is a good chapter too: "You're the one they were calling crazy last week." "Uh, I don't see the oak leaves, or the string..."

High Wizardry: It's not available right now, so I can't name chapters, but the scene where Dairine's reading up on the lone power and the Motherboard planet and it sta1s putt1ng 1ne1 1n 1ve1y11111111111111111111111111...
          Also, when she meets and names the mobiles. But my favorite scene is where we get to meet her personally, the beginning of the second chapter. When she gets caught reading ENCYCLOPEDIAS and she can't figure out what's wrong with that (nothing. I tried it once, but couldnt keep it up, because the thing was so darn BIG...)

Lastly, another scene with Dairine, When Nita beaches herself and turns back to herself in Deep Wizardry, and Dairine says "You're going to tell me EVERYTHING." That's also in High Wizardry, somewhere in the second chapter.

-- Dai Stihó

Comment

I always have also liked the descriptions of the spells being worked. That's why I'm not all that into the compact take-the-spell-from-your-pocket-and-lay-it-on-the-ground idea. I really like the descriptions because it helps me get into the feel of the book and the wizardry. Gives it the magic feel, you know?

-Martin Luther King, Jr.
            *Ella*
            --Bright Eyes

Comment

I love all the scenes in DW that Hotshot is in.

*Nita*

Not old enough to love as yet-but old enough to die indeed.
              --DD Deep Wizardry

Comment

i guess my all time fave part would have to be in DW when peach(i LOVE peach) is screaming about shooting the albatross and carl is yelling at her. its one of those seenes in a book that PERFECTLY describes the situation(kinda like in HP 4 where the leprecauns and the veela are battling at the world cup...funnee!)
                PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I love Peach too!! She always makes me laugh, and I love the part in DW when Kit and Nita are talking to Tom and Carl on the phone and Peach is screaming about pirates in the background, and then says "Bad dog! Bad dog! Nonono!" At Annie and Monty (or possibly Carl). It always cracks me up.

*Ella*
                  -Martin Luther King, Jr.
                  *Ella*
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

of course DW isnt my fave book..cuz i dont have a fave bokk....that whould be an insult to all the other books i have read and loved...but my other fave part of the yw books is in AWA when carl is trying to fix the wireing.."Duck Tape, the stuff that binds the universe together.." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

erised straeh ruoy tub ecaf ruoy ton wohs i
                    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I love the first scene of SYWTBAW. So much like my childhood. and then I love the scene where Fred sacrifices himself. It is so noble and beautiful. I cry when I read it. The two connected scenes, the dram sequence and the part at the end with the Esprit and Fred are so lovely, too.

Dai-stihó,
                      Rhiow-chan.
                      http://www.geocities.com/booknightmoon

Comment

Did we do right?

Go and find out.

One of those great lines that sticks in your head long after you've finished the book. The dream/Timeheart sequences in SYWTBAW are very cool.

Comment

I absolutely love when Nita and her aunt are at the wizard's meeting in the pub with Ronan. Johnny - "I told you she'd turn you into a soggy beer mat. No one ever listens to me."

Also, I'm a Dairine fan and an amature theologist, so of course the whole ethical debate with the mobiles is great with me.

Yours till the bed spreads,
                          Rowen Avalon
                          mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
                          Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
                          "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

How can one choose?? So much is great. I like stuff with Tom and Carl, and their house, particularly the fishpond. "Sometimes I'm not sure whether I have koi or koans." And Timeheart, particularly in SYWTBAW. And Nita's mom on the Moon. And so on, and so on...

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

I love all of those!
                              Johnny's:
                              "I told you she'd turn you into a soggy beermat, no on ever listens to me." -Abroad

Peach's:
                              "Go ahead! Panic! Avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!!!"-DW

Kit's:
                              "I could stop by the supermarket on the way home for some candles. Fire still works." -Alone
                              "Uhh, mama, I'm probably to young to be watching anything that explicit." -Alone
                              "But you're female!" <Nita throws Kit a dirty look> "It's mutual."
                              Peach/Michael/Athene/...'s:
                              "...But for a last-ditch defense, get a mother."

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'll think of more later.

~Dari
                              ~Dari

Comment

Working...
                              X