No announcement yet.

Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not tired of quotes! Quotes like those are good! Those were some of my favorite parts of those books! It's almost as if Nita was thinking about Kit almost constantly, or so it seems. She thinks about him when talking to Ronan, when about to sacrifice herself, and I know that there must have been other times that she did (I just haven't read W@W in a while). And Ronan seems to be avoiding looking at Kit, or talking to him unless necessary.
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• There were a few other time/moments between Kit and Nita that could be quotable, but as of right now i don't remember where they were in the book, and it would just be repeating basically what was already said.

Example: I remember Kit was worrying about Nita when she wasn't back yet, i believe it was right before he went to sleep.

And, how impressed would you be if you were in the middle of battle feeling you were going to lose, and then all of a sudden your best friend pops out of nowhere and starts blasting things away. If i would Kit i would be very impressed. It was perfect time, and a great entrance.
      I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• I loved the parts where Nita and Kit appear to help each other at crucial moments, like the cave scene in W@W. Another one that literally made me leap up and down with the sheer exciting thrill of it was this one:

I was just like, "Oh yeah, Kit's here, back off LP!"
        Books may well be the only true magic---Alice Hoffman

Comment

• Yeah that was great!

There was another time in AW Alone... when Nita had to go in after Kit and Ponch. She skipped her afternoon classes, to go save him for one thing... p.292
          Nita stood there and chucked away the linac weapon, which vanished as soon as she let go of it its wizardry now spent. She walked over to Kit and Ponch while reaching to her Charm bracelet and activating one of the charms....

...Kit was standing there, blinking ather, looking completely astonished.
          I love this book because you find out really how much Kit actually means to her. Loosing her mother was so terrible that she would not let Kit go any time soon.
          Really hope we see something happen that a better indication of their romance in this next book.
          I'm just sayin'!

Comment

• I was just like, "Oh yeah, Kit's here, back off LP!" </div>[quote]

Yeah that was one of my favorite moments in the book...I think I started jumping up and down when I read that because it's such a cool line.

Comment

• Yay! I now own book 1-5, so I can quote from them if need be!

I was just like, "Oh yeah, Kit's here, back off LP!"
              I loved that part! Isn't it so sweet how he steps in just as Nita could have lost everything?
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• the problem with Nita and Ronan is that Nita is about 15 and Ronan is either 17 or 18. Ronan would be con cidered an adult even in Arkansas, which would make it illegal. Which would cause Ronan no end of trouble. They would have to wait; of course, they could sneek around but that is like lieing which would conflict with their oath. Nita and Kit belong togher even if Nita can not see it.

Comment

• The...the old and original topic of romance is suddenly alive again! IT LIVES!

It's.... it's a miracle! Thank you, rick455! You have resurrected it!

And now, to comment on the actual topic at hand:

Yes, Ronan is a bit old for her... but I wonder how old Carmela is supposed to be. I can't seem to remember (I need to reread the books yet again), but I thought she was a bit older than Nita. Was I wrong?
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Rick: Wow, I never thought of that!

KK: I was thinking that too, that Carmela was either Nita's age or older, I think it's a matter of maturity. Carmela is a very teenager-y teen, and Nita is... not. Near death experiences with the creator of death sorta changes you.
                    "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Pffft, nah, Ronan's apparently 16-17 according to the wiki. Kit says he's two years older than Nita, but it seems like he's just under two years older.

I think Carmela's a year or two older than Nita? I'm honestly not sure, because I'm rather confused about the new chapters and the discussion in there. She's definitely said to be fifteen in High Wizardry, which would put her at 16-17 nowish, but there's a line in the spoiler chapters that puts her as maybe being younger, but that might just be the other person trying to fob her off and --

YW timelines are hard.

Comment

• Nah, Kit's a year younger than Nita, it says so in SYWTBAW. He's twelve, she's thirteen. Yay for unconventional romances! As for shipping . . . I think Nita/Ronan could have worked, and it's kind of cute *ducks bullets* but I promise I'm a N/K shipper in the end if only because it's so different from regular teen-lit cute-girl-cute-guy-instant-bond-I'm-so-in-love-with-you-love-at-first-sight-Twilight-Halo-instant-attraction-equals-true-love-forever romances. I'm pretty sure most good romance has to have friendship as a foundation or else it all relies on chemistry (which is an unstable and precarious thing.) So in the end I'm N/K, because it works.

As for Dari/Roshaun . . . well isn't everyone?

I think it would be hilariously funny to see how Carmela/Ronan works (or doesn't). I'm with Kit on this one - don't tell her anything, just watch it play out . . .

Dari/Darryl would be interesting. Or Darryl/Nguyet.

I'm also die-hard Tom/Carl. That is one ship that I won't budge on, because it's so perfect.

Comment

Working...
                        X