No announcement yet.

ARG... can't wait any longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdhead: I don't know; spoilers at least were okay here until the other forum was made, but it might be good.... Er, anyway. That would be fine. Either way. Long as we can still discuss it.

Serena: Ordeal could explain it... I'd guess it to have something to do with its being the "public" part of his name, actually, except that this is in the Manual, so it's "public" to wizards, so I'm not sure that works.

Comment

• About the name: I have no idea.

About the topic: fine, you move it. I would, but sue me, I'm too lazy.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• *looks perplexed* There is no thread by Rysade called "Uh-oh" in the Wizard's Holiday forum, that I can see.... Under "Third Excerpt" maybe? Or I could make a new thread....

Edited to add: It's now under "Third Excerpt."

[This message was edited by PK on 31 July 2003 at 10:03.]

Comment

• PK: Uhhhhhhh, I think grenfelzing is, uhhhhhh, sex? That's what I picked up on. Maybe it's not. I don't know. What did you guys think it was?

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
          I will rejoice in the moonlight;
          I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
          For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

• littlehorse: I've got the feeling, for some reason, that given the amount of emphasis on the ways other species (and especially people on other planets) look at things differently, "grenfelz" is going to end up meaning something other than what it looks like it might if it were all humans talking.

Filif's privacy screen is for his roots, after all, and if the plant-equivalences hold, then reproductive organs would likely include pollen -- or the berries.

But again, no real evidence.

Comment

• God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• PK: Yeah, you're probably right. Considering Diane's twisted (but we love her for it ) mind, everything everyone on this forum is speculating about this book is going to be wrong. Now there's a thought...

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

• *s******s* I really have no idea what grenfelzing is, but I think it's NOT going to be sex.... but probably IS going to be something similarly dodgy when considered in context of alien culture. This is why MSN is very bad, kiddies...
                  T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Comment

• Fox: I think Birdhead's point is that whatever other species/cultures Carmela's talking to, they might have a set of attitudes toward some other activity (which may be called grenfelzing ) that resembles some of the ones ours have toward sex. For example, it could be something that's widly considered a matter for privacy, but there's a certain thrill to discussing it with total strangers.

Or, heck, grenfelzing could be some weird online intergalactic form of truth-or-dare.

littlehorse: Yeah, but it's so much fun in the meantime.

Birdhead: *points hopefully toward the "Third Excerpt" thread again, unless we're just going to keep going here after all, which looks more and more likely*

Comment

Comment

• Fox: Oh! Yeah, that would explain the confusion, sorry. It was in the preview excerpts, yeah. Kit's sister Carmela is discussing it in some sort of intergalactic chatroom.

Comment

Comment

• Yada Yada Yada. I can't wait until Oct.!!!!!!!!!!! Wizards Holiday comes out in exactly (I think) 45 days. I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!!

*Agent~M*

"Not old enough to love as yet but old enough to die indeed" DW
                              "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                              Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                              "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
                              I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• Fox: Well it's winter down here.
                                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Working...
                                X