No announcement yet.

Spoiler question! Only for wh readers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny. I thought the exerpt made it clear that Dairi/Roshaun was going to happen. Plus that tidbit on Out of Ambit made me sure. ("poaching"? See, 'Mela's got it figured out).

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly:
      Though I do have to say this- and you know I do because it's _me_. What's with these Callahan girls and mouthy, hot, arrogant foreign boys with an attitude problem? And R names? I mean really. *smiles*
      Roisin - I mean Roshaun - is an Irish name, too. Edit: Though I thought it was a girl's name only - well, he's from another planet.

Still, the "poaching" quote on Out of Ambit should reassure people that Nita's not that interested in Ronan.

(What would happen if she kissed Kit, who she knows much better than Ronan? Hmmm.)
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

hmm. Well, it took Nita to kiss Ronan for both of them to figure out who he actually is. I think Nita has feelings for Ronan, but dating one of the powers that be might have more bad side effects than good bonus ones. Y'know?
        http://superdrea.net/

Comment

....Just thought of another thing about the moon scene (or lack thereof).

Recall that bit in the excerpt where someone uses an expression about the moon not being real, and Roshaun starts to say that, "Well, when we where there..." and then Dari elbows him. I dunno why else she'd want to stop him than if (and here I am reminded of Rysade's post)...something more than we were shown went on...

Interesting thing about Ronan... I don't think he's actually a Power, I think he's, uh, part-power, or the like.

Cool about Roshaun's name, Peter. Thanks for clueing us in on that connection (never would have gotten that, but then again, you're British, aren't you? You'd be closer to that sort of thing and hearing it quite a bit more than I would-- and perhaps have a clue how to pronounce Irish names)...

Comment

Just finished reading the book...cool! I didn't realize there were actually planets such as Alaalu...I mean, it's practically a Utopia! I've sometimes wondered what it'd be like if our Earth were like that...I wonder what our Choice was like?

And the Alaalids evolving, it's as if the whole species had gone to heaven...they're so perfect as a race and they have no conflicts and are so friendly with each other and give so freely...now they don't have to worry about things like having not enough metal! but if they left the planet I wonder where they would live?
            you'll never be an artichoke;even vegetables have a heart

Comment

I really support the whole Dari/Roshaun thing. I think that it would be great.
              Besides, I'm a sucker for romance...

-Aoi

Comment

D/R...*sighs* I'm a romancer; I can't help but fantasize!

I mean, as a certain other authoress said its very obviouse when "I've been dropping hints. Big hints. ANVIL-SIZED hints."

Doesn't that say it all?

The moon...one can only fantasize!!

Roshaun/Mela? EUCK! never!!

Nita/ Kit...heh heh
                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Was that quote from JKR, or DD? I feel like I would have noticed if it was DD (and then gone straight to shipper heaven), and it sounds JKR-ish, somehow.

(And that would be RE: Ron and Hermione, wouldn't it?)

Anyways, as I've many times stated, D/R=YES.

Comment

Dari and Roshaun.....
                    Yeah, it seemed kind of obvious to me.

In my opinion it could definetely work, but I suppose only time will tell...........

Comment

Alida: Yeah, that was JKR. I was going Potter-crazy before GoF came out...trying to catch up on other reading...heh heh..don't kill me! *shields face* nono, yea that was JK on R/H...CAn't say that I'm not happy it's finnaly in the open...ahh, D/R...*feels mushily inside* *not really, but a girl can pretend, right?* * I will if I eread WaW again...heh heh*

ack, I gotta stop using asterisks! I think I have an addiction...ahh!
                      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

I think that it could work, (ahhh okay I admit it I SHIP THEM SO MUCH) but it would be a lot more complicated than any of the other possible romances in the series, not least because they're different species. (That aspect doesn't squick me out that much though, since they're both humanoid, but it would still be complicated.) Also, the two of them are very alike, so it would take a while for them to be able to get along. (I love how they argue though.) I admit I didn't like Roshaun that much in the beginning, same way I didn't like Ronan that much; but at least with Roshaun we later get to understand why he's so stuck-up. Ronan was just a punk. (I don't hate Ronan, btw, but he's still . . . kinda arrogant . . . and he doesn't have a backstory like Roshaun's that makes up for most of it.)

Anyhow, I would LOVE to see D/R - maybe later though, when they're both older. I think it would add a lot to the series - not like Neets/Ronan, I didn't think that was entirely necessary, although it was how they found out he had the Champion's avatar hiding out in him.

*Rambles on*

--LifeSong

Comment

Hey, look! It's 14-year-old me. *waves to Aoi above* /off-topic

ANYWAY, LifeSong, I completely agree with your post. I hated Roshaun for a while there, but he grew on me. Still not a fan of Ronan. And I was very upset at that fourth book. Mostly because I've always been a Nita/Kit shipper. But Dari/Ro somehow WORKS. It just seems right. They play well off of each other, and each can keep up with the other. I'd love to see more of this.

Comment

100% agreement

Oh yeah! I mean there was a connection there you can't get around!

Roshaun revealed his heart and opened up during the course of his time with Dari. It worked. I think their time together meant a lot to both of them

Comment

Working...
                            X