No announcement yet.

Spoiler question! Only for wh readers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEFINATELY there was some Dairine/ Roshaun stuff there. I mean, at first they hate each other, but after that visit to his planet they definately like each other. I mean, come on. Not only does he grab her shoulders in desperation when trying to convince her about the crisis, but there's that part where she takes his hand while going to the moon (and that was also a hint- a full moon is known as a night for lovers) but she's incredibly upset when he 'sacrifices' himself on the sun, and the whole bit with the feelings. Plus, they'd make a great couple!

Comment

Opposites attract!

The monkey made me do it!
      ~Z~
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Maybe but what about when Nita and Kit got back from Alaalu they got a call about some on mars maybe Darline and Roshaun are there.
        *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
        *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
        *Many have come and go

Comment

just because they intially hated each other, does not mean they will fall in loveone another. I ca think of plenty of counter-exmaples each way.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

But Darline was all woried about Roshaun and I think that there was cemistery between them.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
            *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
            *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
            *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
            *Many have come and go

Comment

I have to agree that I think there is definitely something going on between Roshaun and Dairine. Yeah, I did hate Roshaun in the beginning, but towards the end I really began to sympathize with him. The moment that really got me was when Dairine asked him why he walked into the sun and he said something along the lines of, "Because I didn't have to." I totally agree that being obligated to do stuff is no fun, and it seems like his life is a lot of obligations piled on each other.

A scene I would liked to have seen that could have possibly cleared up some of this question is exactly what happened between the two of them when they went to the moon. We know that they go, but what goes on up there is not narrated.

Comment

Really? You think there might have been some... Y'know? And maybe some... Oh-ho-ho!? And good gracious, maybe even some ah-ha-ha!? Yeah, probably that wouldn't have happend, but shame on you for thinking it! Funny, I NEVER saw Dari getting together with anybody.

Well...

'Cept maybe me... ^^;;

(we need a blushie smiley)

Comment

Big time lol at Rysade's post...
                  I agree though - Dairine doesn't strike you as the type to be chasig boys. She always struck me as the type who would wait for boys to chase after her, and then get exteremly picky about them. If she got a bouyfriend, she would probabl keep him for a very long time.
                  Also: age. Dairine is younger than Nita, and Nita isn't chasing boys. Maybe Dairine is just a bit young at the moment? (How old is she in Holiday?)

Comment

Okay, I can't believe that Dari would get with someone. I just can't see that. However by the hints in the book, Dari seems to have a crush on Roshaun. Is it just me or is that ODD?
                    In Life's name and for Life's sake...

Comment

Didn't the exerpt make it fairly clear that she doesn't like him?
                      I dun know...I think that it's more that he REALLY understands her than that she likes him...
                      A physics geek
                      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Maybe Roshaun and Dairine may only have a friendship and Kit and Nita.

Comment

Possible...but I err on the side of thinking Dairine does have at least a mild crush. Pity. Roshaun isn't as bad as Ronan, but has the same arrogance/rebellion thing. I hope Dairi or Roshaun grows out of it.
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Lamarquise: I guess you're right: mild crush and friendship. Wow, if it was a full-fledged crush,

Comment

I do indeed see Dari/Roshaun. In a big way.

The first time I finished Wizards' Holiday I thought so. Going back to read it again now, I certainly see it. Dari is displaying all of the behavior I remember from my own teen years. (And I Dari and I are the same age, down to the day ) The "oh my gosh I can not <I>believe [/I]I like this...kinda hot guy" moment.

Though I do have to say this- and you know I do because it's me. What's with these Callahan girls and mouthy, hot, arrogant foreign boys with an attitude problem? And R names? I mean really. *smiles*

As for 'Mela. Mela, as someone said, is a player. She's going to spend her whole life surrounded by an adoring entourage of bedazzled men methinks. *snickers* So no worries about Roshuan or someone else.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I definitely sense a Dair/Roshaun thing going on. There are a lot of hints in the book that indicate something like that.</span>

Comment

Working...
                                X