No announcement yet.

The Oath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read the oath, before. truth to tell, i still read it every time i find it in one of the books. I can't help it, i mean, the idea of becoming a wizard is just to great NOT to.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I have memorized the wizards Oath, the portion of the book of night with moon that is read in sywtbaw the part nita reads, i have also memorized nita's part in the song of the twelve and i've made the Oath into a desktop background.

I do hope i'm not crazy for doing these things

-MBF
      ---------------------------------------
      YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
      "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

• I thought i had posted here but i hasvent so i will,! Lol.
        The "Oath" it is my favorite thing to rant about and think. I would love to become a wizard. I always have thought about since the first book. Im sure it would be hard work but totally worth it. I have taken the Oath i have read it over and over many times. I usually dont talk about what has happened with me but i will say that i have done amgic beofre. Lets just leave it at that. I dont like to talk about it pwersonatly, If you find my post on what i have done before thenyou will see. More stuff has been happening latly though! Its cool. I LOVE WIZARDRY! I dont even like to tell my sister what goes on. Im usually locked up in my rom where no one can get to me and i can just relax and pratice. Half the time i dont get enough peace and quiet cause im the freaking older sister and i have to do everything. So most the time im up till like 3:00 in the morning talking to myslef and doing "stuff" related to Wizardry. I will shut up now else im gonna get going on and on and i might spill what i did. I dont want to be asked about it so dont. If you really feel the need to i guess i could talk small. Very descritely. (sp?), Okay byebye.
        Dai All,
        Tori
        Love and be loved

Comment

• i've read the oath many times to myself because becoming a wizard would be awsome. also you never know what might happen.
          busy reading

Comment

• *will kick self for saying this later* i dont know how many times i have said it outloud i mean that is something i allmost memorized i know im sad....
            life sucks then u die

Comment

• *will kick self for saying this later* i dont know how many times i have said it outloud i mean that is something i allmost memorized i know im sad....
              Have you even been reading this forum? EVERYONE SAYS IT, just about. I say it everytime i see it. You are in no way sad.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Everyone says it indeed, whether in mind or mouth, from heart or head...it's impossible, after you read the books, not to.

At the same time, it should be noted that in SYWTBAW, it clearly says that wizards are not the only ones that can slow entropy in the universe; they just do it on a larger scale. I'm paraphrasing, but I believe it said 'simply turning the lights off in the room when you leave it, or recycling...' can help slow down entropy. In a sense, we are all wizards when we act with the knowledge that our actions can change the universe, and act in the direction that supports Life and fights off the Lone Power.

Sure, it's not as flashy as traveling three quarters of the way across the galaxy. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't matter.

*ponders if this post crosses the line into the "is magic real" topic*
                Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• i read the oath every time i see it too. just like the rest of us. id love to be a wizard because that would be so awesome but you never know if itll happen or not so if it does rock on if it dont ill keep on trying lol
                  wouldnt life be boring if you didnt have something to accomplish?

Comment

• Heh, I've memorised almost everything there was/is to memorise. And the Oath- yeah, it is surprisingly comforting to know off by heart XD Especially among us YW fanatics, I would think. I guess there's this thing about it that reminds you of what else there is (or might be) in the world...
                    Now half the stuff I do can be traced back to YW, from my MSN screen name and dp to random stuff that reminds me of even more random stuff that happened in the books...no wonder my friends (and classmates) think I'm insane ^.^

Hmmm...wouldn't it be great if everyone knew about YW? I mean, as in depth as we seem to? It might contribute slightly to saving energy and stuff, if people would apply the things in the books rather than thinking everything that happens in there is all fiction.
                    Just a thought.
                    -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• I would love the part of being a wiz. where you can talk to animals. But other than that, I don't know if I could stand the pressure. It would brighten, and destroy, your life. I do read the Oath too, but I can't memorize anything for more than a day :/.
                      In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

• Yes I read the oath but nothing happend at all
                        Dai Stiho cousens

Comment

• I must admit, I have to read the Oath in all of the books, I can't help it! Imagining becoming a wizard is so much fun!!
                          --May we go where errantry takes us,doing Their business and the Ones, and when we meet Him say "Fairest and Fallen, greeting and defiance!"

Comment

• I've read it, i don't think there's many who haven't. but the only thng is that the spells are so abstract. Someone willing to teach me the Speech?

Comment

• *Blink* Come on now! I'm pretty much saying along the lines of what everyone else is: That EVERYONE who reads these books and loves em wishes it was true. But then I go on one of my mental raving rants about how much fun it would be, but with ALL THAT RESPONSIBILITY!! I'm as responsible as a cookie. And the books say that each wizard finds and takes the Oath because they have something they need to do in the universe. But yeah, being a wizard would be SO COOL. MY firends catch me in the school library reading it, so I'm now 'Crazy talks to books girl'. Fun, eh? Oh, and hi, I'm cheeto, I'm new here, but have luved the books since I was 7. I'm Carmela's good twin, and I LUFF FRED!!!!!
                              I LOVE RONAN!!!!!!!
                              And I'm Carmela's evil twin. :happymad: mwahaha.
                              You stay away from my cookies, candy, and any other sugary products, and we're good. :winkthumb: If not, well, then: :hoppingmad: You go byebye.
                              'Nuff said. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X