No announcement yet.

The Oath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was going to try to take the oath, but i was afraid it wouldn't work without the manual. i'm going back to the library to get it and read it though. btw, i haven't read any of the other books. I'M DYING HERE! so...my point being i wouldn't know if the Oath changes or not.

hey, callahan! i share a body too! *glares at other people* i'm not wierd ok? but we're (fortunetly) the same gender.

sayanora!

Comment

punk,

The oath is unique to the person who takes it. No two wizards see it exactly the same way. And it changes somewhat for each wizard as they progress.

I think they are all projections of the real oath, as seen through the lens of each person's mind.

(oops. gotta go see how the eclipse is proceeding)

Selden
      Selden

Comment

thanks, Selden. i'll keep that in mind. that's a really cool way to look at it.

Comment

I think the oath is a promise that you can't easily break and if your willing to take the oath(I did) and it doesn't work you can still make a difference in this world. I MEAN THAT!

Comment

Good point. La La La!!!! My poll is the featured poll!

*Agent~M*
            "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
            "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
            "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

i am a real
              bigginer
              wizard
              is there any
              real
              wizardry
              high
              school
              i should know
              about
              amy

amy zaporetsky

amy zaporetsky

Comment

Dai Amy!!! I'm Agent M, never call me marniebrown1, it's a long story that you don't want to know. Anywho, Dai!

*Agent~M*
                "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

I've tried it once or twice. It feels funny now that it didn't work. But I feel better now that I now that im not the only one

Comment

Dai!
                    I think the question should be has anyone not read The Oath. **blushes** I climbed my favorite tree in the front yard and read it out loud.

[This message was edited by calliope on 28 November 2003 at 18:50.]
                    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Have I? I'm not sure. I think I've read parts of it out loud, but I'm never really sure if it's the whole thing. I don't think that the entire oath is in the books. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                      I am me and I am unique.
                      Gods all bless,
                      Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

Comment

i dont think so it has the "..." at the end

Comment

So *that's* why it didn't work!
                          I knew there was something...

*laugh*

Anyway, it's a good oath. Beats the laws of robotics for something to live by, certainly, and I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it - I don't need a reward to do my best.

Comment

...I took the oath and it worked!...

Um. No. Wait.

It must have been a dream.

unless George Clooney is a wizard too! hahahahaha

Mizzy xx

'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'
                            'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'

Comment

i want to have the full oath! i read it, and i could feel things being alive, but i cant hear them all to well.......

Comment

i tried to write more to it, but fore some reason it dosent flow.
                                at the next dd chat, i m gonna ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X