No announcement yet.

The Oath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to try the oath soon........tonight.......... My sister took it, but she never talks to me anymore.... We, or at least i, do not know the "full" oath, therefore, it probobly wont work.

"I am the one with no name. The one with no home. The one with no.........purpose."
    -Me
    From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• maybe we could do the same things that the oath tells us to do but just not be wizards. no one said that we couldent do that.

When can there glory fade?
      O the wild charge they made!
      All the world wondered.
      Honor the charge they made.
      Honor the Light Brigade, Noble six hundred.
      -Alfred Lord Tennyson
      "The Charge of the Light Brigade"

this is only a porthion of the poem. Its still good though!

Comment

• what happens if we see a hawk going to get a rabbit, do we save the rabbit? if we do we would also be killing the hawk because without that rabbit it will starve. or do we just let it be?

Comment

• I would say put the rabbit out of it's misery after the hawk catches it, but hawks are very efficient killers. The rabbit wouldn't mind too much. You might try to talk the hawk into getting something less able to defend itself, and would likely not mind as much as a healthy rabbit. Perhaps the rabbit has young? Then it would be in the hawk's best interests to leave that rabbit alone and look elsewhere for food.

--Dai Stihó
          "Our world is rule by people with issues, not brains." - Gryphon
          ha (hä) interj. [echoic] an exclamation variously expressing wonder, surprise, anger, triumph, etc.: repeated (ha-han. the sound of this exclamation or of a laugh
          -Webster's Dictionary of the American Language, Second College Edition

Comment

• life is presous to others than just to ones self to kill is to survive so the hawk was just trying to survive so let the hawk kill the rabit.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
            *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
            *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
            *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
            *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
            *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
            *Many have come and go

Comment

• I agree... you should let the hawk eat and nature will have its way as usual, and all will be well. Moonsong: I have not talked to you in ages. It feels nice to be back into wizardry. I took the oath, and as I said, it did not affect me. Wouldn't it be helpful to give out the full oath in the first place? That way the world would have more wizards and the wizards would have company. I don't get it!

Comment

• ohhhhhhh

Comment

• Thou shall speak about the oath. I demand it! Fine....... you don't have to, but thou shall pay for thy selfish deed. Muahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Iv'e said the Oath a couple times...but hey, you can't be in to the YW books without taking the Oath. It just seems impossible!</span>

Comment

• callahan u sound so sc ary

Comment

• Hey, who can't resist saying the Oath. You always hope for results.. ME especially.
                        "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
                        "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
                        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                        "If you are out to describe

Comment

• I say the Oath every night xD Ive memorized the So You Want To Be A Wizard one,and Im debating on whether to memorize the others as well. Crazy,perhaphs. Hopeful? Of course ^_^

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray:
                            what happens if we see a hawk going to get a rabbit, do we save the rabbit? if we do we would also be killing the hawk because without that rabbit it will starve. or do we just let it be?
                            I think that it should be just left alone, saving the rabbit would interrupt the cycle of life. that is why i am a vegan, it helps keep everthing balanced out, ya know, with the overfarming and such.
                            ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• That reminds me of the spider-butterfly dilemma from Trigun... XD

Comment

• I've tried the Oath at least once. The only sounds I heard afterward were my bed creaking and the air conditioner. I need to find my copy of SYWTBAW soon and try again. I think it's in my backpack, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X