No announcement yet.

The Oath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*raises eyebrows* Well, I could always play devil's advocate. You know, just to see what you would do...
    SNH. SNH. SNH.
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I agree everyone here isthe best sort of people! I thought, after the oath not working, that it was because I am not good at math and in SYWTBAW it compares spells to math alot

*Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*
      *Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*

Comment

I think that Diane should make a.. well... kosher (ish- if you get what i mean) version of the oath, instead of changing it in every book- then we would have a reason to take it- or at the very least if she supplied an end... but i could have SWORN i saw an oath for the YW books somewhere that began: ...where all our myriad worlds lie whole, in the one from whom they proceeded and then went on to the rest of the oath, but i CAN"T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!!!!!!! AACK!!! ;p
        but i compiled it out of the books, and here's what I got:

In Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will use the Art which is it's gift in life's service alone, rejecting all other useages. I will guard growth and ease pain. I will fight to preserve what grows and lives well in its own way, and I will not change any living thing, unless that or that of the system of which it is part are threatned or threaten another. To these ends, in the practice of my Art, I will ever put aside fear for courage, and death for life, as it is right to do so, looking always toward the Heart of time, where all out myriad worlds lide whole; in the One from Whom they proceeded...

i think that's it... i jsut did taht from memory! ok, you cans ay it... i have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too much free time! Come on, you know you're thinking it!!!!!!!

Bwahahahahaahahahahahahahaha
        ::evil smile::

erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi
        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

::stumbles into the Forums yawning and mumbling to self:: morning everybody, new person here. hi Caitlin .... I found my copy (given me by the wonderful Cati) of Ith's Oath yesterday from BONWM... here it is, if anyone cares to try this one:

Sehhff'hhihhei'ithssshweithh's (Ith's) Oath:

"The Fire is at the heart, and the Fire is the heart; for its sake, all fires whatever are sacred to me. I shall kindle them small and safe where there are none, for the wayfinding of those who come after: I will breathe on those fires about to die in dark places, and in passing, feed those that burn without harm to any; the fire that burns and warms those who gather about it, in no wise shall I meddle with it save that it seems about to consume its [confocals? can't read this], or die. To these ends, as the Kindling requireth, I shall ever thrust my claw into the flames to shift the darkening ember or feed the failing coal, looking always toward that inmost Hearth from which all fires rise together, and all fires burn undevouring, in and of That which first set light to the world, and burns in it evermore...."

The typo demon has been working desperately to subvert me today, so please excuse any typographical errors: it wasn't me. yes, i love my smilies....

Righty-ho, I'll be off....

Taurelenye ~/:-)
          ~*Thig crìoch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh ceòl is gaol*~
          CAD: Keep it Tribal!

Comment

Hey, Thanks, unfortunatly for me that is the only book I havn't read yet. WHY, WHY ?Âż?Âż

-IV-
            Ipha
            -IV-
            Ipha
            Dai Stihò

Comment

Hi, Taurelenye... that's a really pretty name (if long).
              Oh, I have no point to this post. Oops.
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Thank you very much! It's Elvish (Lord of the Rings Elvish)... Means 'forest-of-stars'. As for BONWM, YOU HAVE TO READ IT!!!! It's really good... But of course, like all good books, is terribly depressing in parts... Oh well... Got finals to study for, so I'll be going now... Zhai'helleva(I know, mixing universes here)!!

Comment

OOh, 'forest of stars'... somebody with meaning behind their name... Rysade likes!

--Dai StihĂł
                  I have an awful tendency to turn the topic of conversation on ME, don't I?

Comment

Me too... pretty!
                    And I've read many much sadder books. But this one managed to do it well.
                    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

CAN WE GET BACK TO THE OATH NOW? that is y this room was created right?
                      ive tried to take the oath, but I did it wrong on purpose. i havnt read all of the books.i wanted to make sure i did it right.
                      im only on the third book .
                      i want to read them but im in the middle of The Harper Hall Trilogy and Im hooked. Im on book 2.
                      ill leaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!
                      get off!! get off!!crud. i have to get back to normal. i hate it when some wizard comes to your house and assumes its ok to talk to u, and then i trans form to a cat. i have to wipe his memory. partialy .
                      dont get any ideas!!
                      From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

im strange, arnt i? i really think that you guys should talk about the oath. its disrespectful to the person that made this room, i think. i think everyone who read some or all of the books have tried to take the oath. if only you could find THE oath, and know that it is THE oath. just my thoughts.

my name? it depends. But right now, my name is Link. A few hours ago, i was Reni. And later, ill turn back to Reni. We have to share bodies. if you think im crazy, just tell me.

Link 0

P.S. im a boy and Reni's a girl. its not fun so i dont think you should share bodies with a different gender.bye!!!!

Comment

Maybe we should all take the On-Topic Oath. Would that help us? Of coursewhen that happened we'd all end up with 50 million threads because there'd be a new one every time someone went off topic.

-IV-
                          Ipha
                          -IV-
                          Ipha
                          Dai Stihò

Comment

I don't think it would work. This is a discussion, after all, and those go off on tangents all the time. I don't think it's disrespectful; if it bothers you, say so when you start a topic, and folks can split their conversations off into new threads, perhaps.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

Have any of you noticed that on every different book the oath is either longer or different?? maybe that's why it never works, because you don't say the WHOLE oath!!!!!!!! ops:

..............Lizzya

Comment

Link did this. i'll kill him! even if the oath gets boring, we should still keep talking about it. if we keep doing that, someone might slip and give out info to help u with the oath like Lizzya did. see? its good to stay on topic.

bye

Comment

Working...
                                X