No announcement yet.

The man at the bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, actually, it's pretty on-topic still, because the man at the bar is, apparently, one of the incarnations of the Doctor. According to, um, people *cougholdpeoplecough* who knwwo that kind of thing.

So anyway, it's not all THAT off.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Wildflower asked:
      How did this go from "The man in the bar", which is the title, to a dicussion about Dr. Who and movies?
      It's like Semi's foundation, the Watch the Topic Mutate Foundation.
      Because the man in the bar in High Wizardry is an in-joke cameo by the fifth Doctor, Peter Davison, and that means explaining the Doctor Who series.

And Peter Davison was in the TV series of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, playing an animal that liked the idea of being eaten.

Or, Douglas Adams, who wrote the Guide, was the script editor on Doctor Who in Tom Baker's time - that's the actor who preceded Peter Davison as the main character.

See, it all makes sense.

Fred22 said:
      Anyone know when the hitchikers movie is coming out and who is in it?
      This IMDB page has a list of some of the cast. Uh - I think Marvin's going to be shorter this time, as he's played by Warwick Davis! (Flitwick in the Harry Potter films.) They don't know when the film will be out, though.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

The official movie site by Disney has a release date of May 6 2005. Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to it in that just-to-see-what-they've-done-with-it way, but not as much as the new radio serieses.

Now, what's all this about a new Doctor Who series?
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Huh, the pop-up window with Warwick Davis trying on the Marvin costume refused to load a picture. Huh. Aw, doesn't he look cute? Now, is that good, or a sign of Disneyfication?

As for the Dr Who site - you did know, didn't you? But... Somehow, this page isn't entirely convincing. I know it's being made by BBC Wales, but... why is the set floorplan annotated in Japanese?

Oh, look . The writer of Coupling and the Comic Relief Dr Who and the Curse of Fatal Death special is going to be writing some of the new series . A quote by him about the old series: "Patrick Troughton had pretty girl, and boy, assistants, both in skirts." Oh yeah, I remember those days.

DD: Is there any chance you'll write a script for this new series?

Comment

Sorry about the one liners I did not realize the seriousness of it. Sorry for the incovienence. Sorry that i made you into a "HISSY MOOD" If you want to ban me I do not care. I am simply a loyal fan of DD's Novels. So if you are so pissed off at me... do watever you desire. I can not chat about her wizzardry novels at such a high conversation rating at anywhere else. Do as you please, but I will still participate in the conversations. Good day ( or night) to you.

" Each Day we Die a little more..." Strongsad
            www.Homestarrunner.com
            In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Hey PM or anyone else who can tell me- I've just been watching an ep of Doctor Who (for the first time in my life! ) and the actor playing the Dr. seemed familiar. He sounded like Puddleglum from 'The Silver Chair' - did one of them play that part?

Comment

Gosh, that was ages ago. I vaguely remember... *checks IMDB* yes, Tom Baker played Puddleglum, and he was the fourth actor to play the Doctor.

*looks through rest of cast list* Ailsa Berk (Aslan) has recently been Buckbeak, and Warwick Davis (Glimfeather) was Flitwick, in the Harry Potter films.

Fred: As Gryphon said, she's not mad at you, she's just telling you so you'll know in future, and she won't need to get mad at you.

Comment

The man at the Bar no longer exists. Now it is Dr.Who or watever. I have no idea what people are talking about. Plus I thoght Gryphon was a guy. I guess I got Slaped In the face by a female. Wow, not surprising. Well mabye I will start a new topic. I dont know I need to go.

"if you want it to be posseive it is just ITS but if you want it to be a contraction It is IT'S, Scalawag..." StrongBad
                  www.Homestarrunner.com
                  In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

fred22:
                    Sorry about the one liners I did not realize the seriousness of it. Sorry for the incovienence. Sorry that i made you into a "HISSY MOOD" If you want to ban me I do not care. I am simply a loyal fan of DD's Novels. So if you are so pissed off at me... do watever you desire. I can not chat about her wizzardry novels at such a high conversation rating at anywhere else. Do as you please, but I will still participate in the conversations. Good day ( or night) to you.
                    *blinks* No, no, I was warning you, and it was wizardsrreal that I'm mad at. We've had a rush of newbies, and members normally breif them on the rules and such when they first start posting. S'okay that you posted a one liner if you didn't know the rules.

Btw, I'm not always so mad all the time.

Fred:
                    I guess I got Slaped In the face by a female.
                    And what is that supposed to mean...?

I punch, not slap. And this cat takes karate.
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Fred said:
                      The man at the Bar no longer exists. Now it is Dr.Who or watever. I have no idea what people are talking about.
                      But, as noted above starting with Earwen's post ("Kat", the fourth post on page 1), the man at the bar is the Doctor from that series.

Gryphon said:
                      I punch, not slap. And this cat takes karate.
                      And she's been known to attack and kill people's avatars! Well, mine anyway. See page 308 of TOGR - and now you know why I needed a new avatar...

Comment

Hehehe. Yeah, PM's avatar really did look like that.

Hmm... What's there to dig up in my head that's on topic here? Gah.

Oh! I have a Doctor Who scarf in my closet. It used to be hanging over the edge of my bunk bed, but all the cats loved to climb up it, and they'd pull at the string. I also have a t-shirt with the thingy on it. Umm. Looks like a phone booth?
                        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Gryphon I had no idea about the " rules " I never was told the guide lines when I Joined. I love Your writing style, It brings out a new way to present my characters in a story Im writting called THE FORGOTEN. And No I came up with the title before the movie came out. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO IS DR.WHO??? IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!
                          -----
                          I guess I got Slaped In the face by a female. Wow, not surprising.
                          -----
                          I dont know what I meant by that. I just thought you were a guy and you were really pissed off at me... Which you were...Sorta Kinda Sorta... How can I Get a picture with my name? You know like peter has a cartoon guy with a beird etc..

[edited to consolidate triple post. --kli.]

Douglas Adams

Comment

fred22:
                            I love Your writing style,
                            *beams*

Gahhh... you're doing three posts at a time. No, no, no, you can smush 'em all into one. Also, after you've posted, you can click the little eraser button to edit. It doesn't delete, it edits.

The picture/icon/avatar can be changed in your profile. On this page, and just about any other forum page, click Go, My Space, My Profile, and then click edit profile. You can upload a picture or choose one of Lee's. Just make sure it is not animated and it is not oversized. (68 X 68 pixels is the max)

Heh. Heh heh.

Comment

Said the Fred:
                              WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO IS DR.WHO??? IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!
                              The official BBC website seems to have a lot of information about the old series and the new one that's planned. Basically, it's a science fiction series about a human-looking alien with a TARDIS*, a machine that travels in time and space to wherever the next story is set.

* It stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space, that's why it's in capitals - it's an acronym.

Comment

Heyyy! That was it: The Tardis. All caps? TARDIS. Whatever; the thing on my T-shirt.

So, Fred, about Doctor Who... He's this guy. Well, actually he's this very funny guy who gets reincarnated as this other guy so many times. [He's] From off planet, but he likes to visit a lot of other places. I've only seen part of an episode, and it looked really lame, but hey, it was old. *shrugs* I've read a lot of the Doctor Who books that my dad has.

He's this guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X