The man at the bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The man at the bar

In the version of book i have it says on page 95 tom says "not for long we'll track her and see that she has help..." i think the guy at the bar was there to help her because tom and carl tracked her and they ordered him to help her get out of harms way.
    In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Sure. Though I think he was also supposed to represent the strange anomolies of finding help and kindness where you least expect it.

Forget about Roshaun or Ronan. This is the guy I'd put with Dairine.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

yeah and in other pages carl or tom mentions that he sent word out to other wizzads in other planets. that man at the bar might have been a wizzard friend of tom or carls.
      In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

The man in question is the Doctor from the British sci-fi T.V. series Dr. Who. If you want an explaintion of what Dr. Who is then check out Fred's Name in the SYWTBAW section and BANANANS!!!! in chatter 2 as I don't have time to expain it now.

Comment

Hmmm.....exacly what I was going to say. I guess I didn't come on time. Ah well. I have already givin up on the Dr. Who thing.
          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
          **Neets**
          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I wonder if DD will talk more about the man at the bar in her future books. Mabye he will safrafice himself to save her in her oncoming books.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Fred, I doubt it. That partiular incarnation of the Doctor is killed by a posion.

Comment

lol! Well, I really thought that it was cool the way that she had a character that was so important, and probably never show up in future books.
                **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

That would be cool if she wrote a book based on the manual. It would also be awesome if she wrote a book explaining mysteries through out the series.

Douglas Adams

Comment

The BBC's official page for the fifth Doctor has a photo of the character, and there are probably a lot of fan pages for him, too.

Google found over 13,000 pages for Peter Davison "Dr Who" OR "Doctor Who", if anyone's curious enough to investigate further.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

cool peter
                      ---
                      knowing DD style she would never reveal any thing really important till the last minute.

[edited to consolidate double-post.--kli]

Douglas Adams

Comment

lol, you may have a point there...
                        **Neets**

Comment

I Just thought!!!!! If doctor who is in these books does that mean somewhere so are the Darliks? I'm sorry about my spelling of that but its late and I want my bed!! Now I do know that Tom and Carl said in another universe there is a 'Dath Vada' (Who Dar was looking for in HW) so I surpose that implies the Darliks are in another universe as well!!! scarly thoguht!!
                          Fox
                          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Fox, there is such a thing as too many exlimation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that is a scary thought. It would be cool if they turned up in the books. Just briefly though, like the Doctor did.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox:
                              I Just thought!!!!! If doctor who is in these books does that mean somewhere so are the Darliks?
                              Probably not unless Terry Nation's estate agree .

The new Doctor Who series wasn't going to have Daleks in, but I don't know if that's because the BBC wanted new opponents, or they had trouble agreeing the rights.

Anyway, the Doctor can move between universes; he's done it in the past. Or was it the future? Or perhaps a past - or a future. I'm getting a headache...
                              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X