The man at the bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kat:
    Fox, there is such a thing as too many exlimation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Read Masquerade (one of the Discworld novles by Terry Prachett) for full details on what too many excalamtion marks signifies...
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Sorry i have not replied in a while school and such got in the way.
      In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Ooooo, Maskerade! That is one of my favorates.
        By the way though, it's spelt Maskerade - like Sourery, even the title is a joke.
        PM, the estate of Terry Nation weren't going to let the BBC use the Dalaks due to copyright issues, but I found out a few weeks ago that more negotaions had taken place and the Dalaks will be back.

Comment

That is very ture Kat, there was problems but a national newspaper (The Sun) put up a fight to force the BBC to talk to the man and they came up with a solution! So the Darliks are having a revamp and are going to be in the new series!

Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Is that good? I have nvr seen Dr Who before so I dunno..
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Fox, it's not Kat, it's Earwen. I just haven't got around to having it changed yet.
              Nita, you have never seen Dr. Who? It's the best British Sci-Fi ever. Red Dwarf comes pretty close, but that is classed more as a comedy than a sci-fi.
              You must see it. Dr. Who is great.

Comment

Red Dwarf is hilarious. So is Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
                In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Sorry Earwen I forget alot of things!!! Red Dwarf is great but I'm sorry to say the UK version looks better than the USA version!! I was watching a 'the story of red dwarf' on the BBC and it showed some clips and they said that the USA version is a bit differant.
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Apparently, the US version of Red Dwarf was so well-liked by US viewers that they remade the pilot with a different Cat (the actress who played Jadzia in Deep Space Nine). And then they proceeded not to make a series anyway, because it wasn't any good.

But Robert Llewellyn got a more expensive and more comfortable Kryten mask from the US version (because he was the US Kryten).
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

The U.S. version of RD looks rubbish... American scrit writers apperntly had trouble getting to grips with the fact that Lister was a slob and just made him a laid back guy. Lister needs to be a slob!
                      *humms the Arnold Rimmer song* I have not been able to get that out of my head since the episode was on a couple of months ago.

Comment

I'm sorry, I think I killed this topic....

Comment

Not to worry, my keeling streak is now at 3. I am going through and saying I keeled these topics. Your not alone Earwen!
                          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                          **Neets**
                          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Originally posted by nitafan211:
                            Hmmm.....exacly what I was going to say. I guess I didn't come on time. Ah well. I have already givin up on the Dr. Who thing.
                            Well, maybe when they make the new series they're showing next year, the episodes will get shown where you are?

Did I unkeel your topic?

Comment

Mom pointed out a Doctor Who show one time when flipping channels. She stopped at one and asked if I knew what it was. I didn't, and she told me.

It looked so fake! I burst out laughing.

My DW knowledge is limited to a few of the books based off that that my dad has.

Heh heh.

[Adds:]

Hah! Wait, I'm a member of the Kill the Topic Foundation. I just saved it...

I'm gonna have to make a new foundation.
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Doctor Who never did have a big budget, but it had some interesting ideas - and it went through them very quickly, since the entire setting changed about every 4 episodes from 1970 onwards! So, unlike Star Trek, which could spend part of most episodes' budgets improving the Enterprise sets, they had to keep starting over.

What do you think of the books? They don't have the same budget problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X