No announcement yet.

A Wizard on/of Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was taking a year between MS and finished book into consideration. If the hold up is on DD's side, then I can utterly understand after the last year she has had. But if the delay is on the publisher's side, I don't think that is very good at all. They could have published a month or two beforeThe Deathly Hallows and caught a lot of people in the 'I can't wait any longer, I'll have to read something else about wizards to pass the time' phase.

Oh, but maybe they have decided to wait until lots of people have read the last HP book and are saying "Oh noes! No more Harry? I shall have to find other wizards." In that case early 2008 starts to make sense.

I'm not complaining that I can't wait that long. After all, I waited seven years for The Wizard's Dilemma and I didn't die. I guess I'm just nosey and want to know what is going on behind the scenes while we wait.

Comment

yr: errr...why are your posts always shorter than your sig?
      sorry! i'll try to work on that. And i don't suppose i can complain if the books taking a long time to come out, if the reason is because she's doing stuff like making the movie i ALSO want to come out, now can i? not that i was complaining much in the first place mind you, having as much a stack of books as i do to read, but it's still a good thing to note. *Grins* (that lenght a bit better?)
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Thanks, YR! That's better.

I know what you mean about complaining about one thing or another. I used to complain bitterly and at length about how I may never see Door Into Starlight, but otoh, I really love the YW novels, too, so I can't really complain that she's working on them instead. Or the Rihannsu Trek novels. Or The Big Meow. Or (if she picks them up again) the Raetian Tales. Or surprises I didn't know about like Stealing the Elf-King's Roses. I'm just happy as long as DD's writing stuff and it's getting published where I can get to it.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

*Rereads past posts* Ummm...nita2011? Did you just suggest Nit/Sker'ret??
          *Gets sick* anyway, go to the romance topic if you want to suggest it again, but I'm not sure if that many people will like it. (I'm sure I don't, I mean, it HAS to be Nita/Kit!) I agree with the carmela/Ronan thingy though.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Okay, at first I checked YW site and it says Wizard On Mars is projected for Fall 2006 and I'm looking at it now saying Spring 2008??
            I'm going crazy with waiting! It sounds really interesting, I'm into astronomy.

Comment

Yes! I'm into astronomy too! What kind of things about astrononmy do you like? And I can't wait either for the next book! I thought it said Fall 2008?? If it is, I'm officially and truly dead. *Dies*
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I like all areas of astronomy, but I really like reading about black holes, the big bang, and other galaxies.

... I can't wait till Fall 2008!!

Comment

i can't wait till dis book comes out. imma read it in like 2 hours and then start all over again!! 'cause that's the type of writer DD is. u read her books in a gulp and then u go back and savor the flavor!

Comment

"Morganatic" refers to a marriage between a royal person and a commoner where no titles are transferred.

Yeah, I hope Kit doesn't marry someone. Way awkward...

Comment

• maybe he accidently got married without realizing it! it wouldn't be the first series to use that...and it would explain all our current torture. it's not extremely likely, i suppose, but it's still plausible! *thinks of sopmething else to say* i seriously hope they allow divorces! i think that's all i can really say on the matter!
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Seems that a big definition of the word is needed. Morganatic:
                        Check this out: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/morganaticUh oh. Uh

Comment

• well, i doubt we can hope for classification...authors tend to ENJOY this kind of torture. i know, cause i can't wait to do it readers. *grins evily* kidding! well, about the evil anyways! in other news...*thinks* i wonder how he'll get OUT of the whole mess if he DOES get married! and it WILL be a mess no doubt, cause where else would the story be! ok, so there COULD be a thousand other places for the story to be, but you just don't put this in a story without the story being at least partly there! did that make ANY sense to anyone other then me? *grins* sorry. this being my first post of the day, i'm blasting through energy while i do it.

Comment

• Just in case you wanted to go back and find out about how/when the word "morganatic" came up in WoM discussion, here's a link to PM's transcript of the chat where it happened.
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Hm. This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but what if Nita is the "<span class="ev_code_WHITE">clothing challenged Martian girl</span>". I mean, there is something big going down with Nita too, clearly--what does the blurb say? That she might become "more than human"? Yep, that's a stretch, but why not? It would also certainly put Nita in a position to be " <span class="ev_code_WHITE">challenged</span>" about the situation.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• I think DD's pretty much made it clear that the "clothing-challanged" one is the Princess, but that is an interesting theory.
                                "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Working...
                                X