No announcement yet.

A Wizard on/of Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe (even MORE stretching) nita's the princess! ok...I SERIOUSLY doubt that...but anythings possible! except, maybe, that...but still! it would be nice...*shrugs* either way, what shall happen shall happen, just it shall happen over here. and i fear that, unlike here, just about EVERYTHING that happens will happen whether we like it or not....not that it'll stop us from speculating, though. *grins half heartedly*
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Originally posted by kli6:
      Suck it up, guys. You'll survive. [You know what's coming next. Duck, oldbies.] I've been waiting for DD to finish writing the fourth Door Book since 1992. For a series she started in 1979. Heck, I waited eight years for Wizard's Dilemma! This book-a-year thing is atypical. It's not the way things normally work. Get used to it. Or start reading Nora Roberts, so you can get three a year.

There are other things out there to be read. A lot of them written by DD. Take a look at her bibliography. Just tracking down the novels on that list, let alone the short stories, comics, and television episodes would keep you busy for a long time. Go find Stealing the Elf-King's Roses or Wounded Sky. Go find the feline wizard books.
      Kli6 is right, lots of us have been waiting for that forth book Though I only have been waiting since 2002 when i found that series. Again I think we the readers have got use to this book a year thing, we dont have the pacients to wait anymore. Now whats all this about Nita being the Princess?? What have I missed?
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• waiting for the fourth? i'm not sure i made it thorugh the SECOND! *just can't fall into those books like i can the yw ones* maybe in a while i'll be able too...*isn't sure i want to wait ten weeks for a book i picked out of a giant list when i'm already in the middle of a reading list...as if i've actually had enough time to reach THAT far yet...maybe later htough!*
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Trust me YR, They dont read as easy as the YW series but they are worth the read. PM loved these books, we had a discussion on it once, I feel terrible he will never get to read the forth book

Comment

• Fox--actually, I comfort myself that PM's kicking back in Timeheart somewhere with a card to the library that holds the copies of all the books that never were but might have been, and all the books yet to be published. I figure the first one he grabbed when he got there was HP7. Followed closely by the next four YW novels, Door Into Starlight, The Big Meow, and the other two Raetian Tales books.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Suck it up, guys. You'll survive. [You know what's coming next. Duck, oldbies.] I've been waiting for DD to finish writing the fourth Door Book since 1992.
              You know, I did actually twitch a little. Hee.

I've been waiting for a while as well, but not that long, I was only a wee tot back then. Lucky PM, though, he's got the best of the best to pick from right now. I wonder if we can contact him and get some publication dates, so we know about how long we've got to wait ;D
              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• Too right Kli6 hahah Sitting there with a pint of real ale talking to Tolken etc while reading at his leasure .

Comment

• *sigh*

Guess it's time to trot out the Jo Walton poem again...

http://papersky.livejournal.com/296693.html
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• *Wonders how the heck time heart keeps itself so well stocked* kinda takes out free will if they know what you're going to write before you do, huh? or maybe the books change as the person rights them and...ACK! getting off topic...ah well, even Kli6 is on this topic so i guess it's ok...*almost looks forward to being able to talk with favorite authors who will be dead by the time i am* but none too soon! i'd prefer my favorite authors to be waiting for ME, not hte other way around!

Comment

Fox--actually, I comfort myself that PM's kicking back in Timeheart somewhere with a card to the library that holds the copies of all the books that never were but might have been, and all the books yet to be published. I figure the first one he grabbed when he got there was HP7. Followed closely by the next four YW novels, Door Into Starlight, The Big Meow, and the other two Raetian Tales books.
                      Not gonna lie, that'd be pretty tight. Oh, and HAHAHAHA to your note on the fourth Door book. Ah, you keep me young. Even though I'm not really old. But yes, moving on. Hopefully we'll see another shred of TBM soon, because I'm kinda dying for it...at any rate, the one consolation is that all of DD's stuff has been worth whatever wait there was for it. =)
                      ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                      +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• Too right SharkLord! We moan and moan about the wait for these books to be written but once they are in print and read they are more than worth the wait. How long has it been now since the last book? 2 years?

Oh i know its off topic but i heard a funny joke the other day and thought i would put it here,

'there are three types of people in the universe. Those that can count and those that can't' - anyone know where that joke is from? I'll be impressed if you do.

Comment

• no idea with the quote..i even tried researching it. ah well. (and i WOULD have told you i had researched it anyways) but yeah...and i've been on the site for almost two years without any new books, so probably about that time...still, worth the wait. (i just so many different authors didn't feel that way! maybe then we'd get more books...) Still, i can't complain...cause once you get to the end of the series, you half wish they'd taken LONGER.

Comment

• I hate books that end the series, 9 times out of 10 the story is not finsihed correctly and your always left waiting or wanting to know that little bit more.
                            The quote - very sad i know but i thought it was funny - is from Andromeda
                            Two years, has it been that long?

Comment

• Wow, it has been two years. Golly, I should go back an reread them all again (for the umpteenth time).

Speaking of which, I missed the beginning of the last chat, did DD say anything about the (hopefully) forthcoming date? No one seemed to give a straight answer when I asked about it after she left.
                              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• What I'd like to know is why we got the paperback version of W@W, but not the first chapter of WoM. Isn't that usually how it works? We get the paperback with the first chapter and a general release date?
                                Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

Working...
                                X