No announcement yet.

Is "Abroad" your favorite book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book and Simon are characters from the sci-fi show Firefly. I keep forgetting that the sigs on this board aren't as easy to pick out as they are on my usual hangouts *makes not to add a couple lines*

As for Tula, I'm referring to the little irish kitten-bard in AWA. Like I said I listened to it on audiobook so I have absolutely no clue whether or not I'm spelling the name right.
    ---------------
    BOOK: Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?
    SIMON: No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist.

Comment

Ah, I thought that sig was part of your post. Yes, if the post is just about Tualha, it makes more sense.

Sorry about that. Hi! Welcome to the board.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Maybe change the color or font-size of the sig to set it off a little?

Personally, my fave Firefly quote is:

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Zoe: Wait, this is something the captain needs to do for himself.
        Mal: No it isn't!!!
        Zoe: Oh! [shoots bad guy.]</span>
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

This book was awesome. It's a lot different than the other books but still great. It also got me interested in Irish Mythology and my favorite and least favorite characters are in this book.
          Some books should be tasted
          some devoured,
          but only a few
          should be chewed and digested thouroughly
          Free Image Hosting [xs.to]

Comment

Cool! I actually find that Deep Wizardy is my fave, but that's because I live next to an ocean. I think it's interesting how everybody's reactions to the same book are different, and colored by the reader's personality and knowledge.

Have you found any good sources on Irish mythology? I know very little about it, and for a while Fantasy was, well, sorta over-Celtified for my tastes, and I found myself avoiding such things.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

i Have to say it was Nice that Wizards Abroad was set over here in the UK! I would like to see maybe a spin off series of UK wizards But like you Kli6 Im a DW fan! With the ocean and her telling her parents it was just great!
              Fox
              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I loved this book! I'm not going to say that it was my favorite though, because i really don't know which one is my favorite. Anyways... I absolutely LOVED Tualha! She was the cutest thing! I still don't get how the heck she was able to run up the chimney...

Comment

<STRIKE>magic</STRIKE> I mean Wizardry That would make sense, wouldn't it?

On the topic of spin offs, I'd love to see an Australian one (or one set in the southern hemisphere anyway) , but yeah... thats just me

Deep Wizardry was definitely my favourite. The entire storyline had me hooked from the first page

Alla

Comment

Originally posted by alla:
                    <STRIKE>magic</STRIKE> I mean Wizardry That would make sense, wouldn't it?
                    But, Tualha isn't a wizard, right? I thought that she was just a cat bard.

Comment

Yeah, but I've always thought that Bards had their own sort of magic about them. Or you might just find that it had something to do with the overlays... Or she could be like Ponch, and have a whole lot of little things about her that have come about (we think) from being around wizards...

Alla

Comment

I think your right they do have a sort of magic because bards use words and they use words as there wepons like Tualha did in WA!
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

See now...I love all the books, but I found this one more engaging. Why? You ask? I shall tell you!!!!

It is all because of the Ronan situation.

I enjoy 'romance.' Quite a lot actually. *points to name and pic*
                          Here's what I don't like: Romance novels.
                          Why? Once again, I'll tell you.
                          I like the romance between characters, but I don't want the characters to just...be...romantic.
                          I feel that it is much more refreshing and enjoyable in a story if the characters become friends and stay that way for a while. It's more...anticipated. I dunno, but I feel that really is helpful to a story, and I think Ms. Duane does a good job with it.

*eep-eep*

Comment

Totally agree! The romance plot with Ronan is definetly a plus. Too bad that hasn't been added into any other books, but I'm hoping something will happen in book 9...

Comment

I hope so...

At first I had some animosity for Ronan because I wanted something to develop between Nita and Kit, but I like it now. It's really sort of a toss up between the two, but I think (keyword) that I'm leaning more towards Ronan.

Comment

Book 9? We haven't read book 8 yet. The excerpt online only covers chapter 1, so you don't know what might happen later in the book.

(There used to be two more chapters online, but Harcourt didn't like having that many available. So if anything relevant happens in the second and third chapters, it's no longer possible to read it.)
                                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X