Is "Abroad" your favorite book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is "Abroad" your favorite book?

This is one of my fav. books, but, that's my opinion. What's yours? This seemed like the best place to put this.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

I honestly loved this book. It's my favorite out of all the ones I've read so far. Of course, I've only read the first 4 and half of #5, but it's still my favorite. I guess I liked it because of the celtic myths and legends, which I adore. I love mythology, but I'm really starting to get into the Celtic myths, since I am 1/4 Irish. My aunt gave me a necklace from Ireland that I'm wearing right now. It's an Irish Love Knot (oddly symbolizing peace, not love.)

Comment

Thats cool! Im Irish, but, not 1/4. Im not sure how much. I love the mythology in it too. Deep Wizardry is one of my fav. too.
      **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

wow, it's been over a month since anyone posted here.
        I loved A Wizard Abroad. I have always wanted to go to Irland so I guess that is why. I love myths too which is another reson for liking this one. However, I don't like Ronan or however his name is spelt which is a bit of a problem while reading as he is a main character.

Comment

Ya don't have to rub it in..lol. I always kill topics, even ones I start . Look at my sigy...STTF. Where are you Fox, Sharkman?
          **Neets**

Comment

I HAVE ARRIVED!!!
            Nitafan221 how am I surpose to know that you wantted me here?? well I'm here now! What we talking about? *Breif look around*

Wizard Abroad was not one of my fav's but was still a great book! What I liked about it was the fact that we heard a bit of Nita's family history and we saw loads of Wizards working together, we saw the closest thing to a wizard war I think we have seen so far! all thoses wizards dieing to save the world was very touching and the fact that there families would not know brought a tear to my eye!!

Oh, and going sideways was pretty cool as well! And the castle, mother earth sort of thing!
            Fox
            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

A Wizard Abroad is definately one of my favorites. There are lots of things I love about the book. The myths and legends are really cool. I loved the kitty too!
              <3
              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Those are the things I like about about the book too Fox. I's also the first entirly fantesy ones; all the others are a lot more sci-fi than I thought they were going to be. I love the kitty too "Uh, Aunt Annie, you know a cat just went up your chimney..." (not perfect quote, sorry) always makes me laugh.
                Nita, what is the STTF beacuse I have seen a couple of siggies with that in and one with Kill the Topic foundation?

Comment

Not my favorite of the books (that goes to Deep Wizardry entirely based on the fact it had Ed).

On the other hand I got into the YW series by listening to all of them as Books on CD (I love my library). Kittens with irish accents are too cute for words.
                  ---------------
                  BOOK: Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?
                  SIMON: No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist.

Comment

rofl! Irish accents? lol!

STTF is Save The Topic Foundation. Sharklord, Fox and I go to topics that we usally keel and then save them! Gryph has the kill the topic one, though she doesn't keel them.

I liked the wizard war too. That was a really good part! It was so cool, a gethering that big of 'her own' as Nita said. I just don't liked how some of them died. That was sad. But there was over 500 wizards in one place! That was cool!

Welcome, Sandwhatever! Do you by any chance have a shorter name we could call you? I'm Nita. Glad to have you here.
                    **Neets**

Comment

Dai Stiho Sandy! (Sorry, I'm going to call you that from now on as it is so much shorter. Just tell me if you want a differnt nickname though) I'm Earwen. Welcome to the YW site. Don't expect to keep your sanity if you post here often though.
                      Oh, please check out all the rules and so forth in the newbie section. Please? So many don't.

Comment

Welcome Kat, and by all means join the club! This is one of the topics we managed to save is'ant it Nita? I'm sure it is!!! I liked the materials mentioned in WA! I've always had a facination with what I like to call 'growing materials'. I mean I keep thinking that what I would want the most is a house that you grow! I mean with all the DNA science we have now I would have thought someone would be looking into it! You get a new life form that we create and program what you want into its DNA, the company bring it to your land and it grows like a tree! I would have an oaky one I think. Just imagine a living house that growns and also would convert CO2 to O2 like normal trees!! Its a great Idea and would be bril! But I bet no one has thought about it and my dream will never happen in my lifetime! A sham really!.
                        Fox

Comment

ops sorry I'm getting my books and posts mixed up!!! I had four windows open and this is not the wizards holiday one!!! hahahahahahah an't I silly!!!!!! again I'm sorry for the mix up
                          Fox

Comment

rofl! It's okasies Fox, I do that sometimes. Well, I dont but I am trying to make you feel better.
                            **Neets**

Comment

Uh oh, I just kelled my own topic!! WHERE ARE YOU FOX AND SHARKMAN!!??
                              **Neets**

Comment

Working...
                              X