No announcement yet.

Is "Abroad" your favorite book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think nita and ronan should have kissed if anyone should have kissed it should have been nita and kit does anyone agree with me???
    Dai stiho cousins
    ~~~Ezra

Comment

Nita and Kit are friends. I don't think they'll ever get together. ever. I mean it sure would be fun to read about but I don't think it's gonna happen. If they got together that might mess up their wizardry by having a distraction that big.

I just read the 4th book over, and Ronan doesn't seem as cocky as he was before...I like Kit and Nita just the way they are right now. But outside romances would be fun to read about. Those two together...interesting, but most likely not happening.
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

1) Why do you guys all hate Ronan?

2) I really love AWA, again, probably partly due to the mythology, which we were familiar with for once. Except for Afallone/Atlantis, but for some reason Celtic/Irish mythology seems...closer to home. Irish mythology is amazing.

2.5) By the way, I am exactly 0% Irish. ^_^
        I'm crying cuz things aren't how
        they used to be
        she said,
        "The battle's almost won
        and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

:ecides to go through the ENTIRE forums to see how many times kit/nita have been discussed::

::gives up::

I don't hate ronan! I <3 ronan! He's Peach (well, sort of) and Peach is AWESOME!!!!
          vv
          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

hey you guys!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That was my 100th post!!!! ::dances:: it's taken me HOW long to get there??? (although I used to have more...)
            vv
            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I don't think it should be Nita and Kit. Maybe there'll be something in the future, but now... no. I asked DD about seeing more into their personal lives as in what's going on at school and so on. Z, that being a distraction is a good thought, and it's pretty likely. Only, wouldn't you think just about everything could be a potential distraction?

Do I hate Ronan? ... Well, when I think of Ronan, I think RED and he's some guy. But then that's all I remember about him.

That's your 100th living post; the deleted ones aren't counted there, and I'm sure you have more than that. If you go to your profile space, the karma is your real post count.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I like that the books don't have that much romance in them. It's nice. So many other books have all this romance that distract from the main plot. Or that just make an already long book even longer i eman, if Nita and somebody get together, that's all fine and dandy, but what kind of problems would that cause for Nita and Kit? Nita would get kinda wrapped up in her boyfriend, and what would that do to her wizardry and relationship with Kit?

vv
                Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Nita has already worried about that, in High Wizardry in the chapter "Pattern Recognition".
                  Oh, come on. It's not as if they're going to make you marry him or something! Look at Tom and Carl, they're just friends, they work together because they enjoy doing it...
                  and in "Reserved Words":
                  'I like you, that's all. A lot. And if you start liking somebody that much, well, I still want to keep the team going. If you do. That's all.'
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

where is Nitafan211?where is she? *looks around for nita throught the huge crowd that is the best forum ever!*, thanks Nita!!! back to topic! i have to say that I have grown to like Ronan, at first i hated him but thats because I think I always thoght that Nita and Kit would you know, get it together! and Ronan got in the way of that! but now i think hes alright!
                    Foxy
                    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Kit/Nita is a topic that seems to be discussed a lot around here. But if it has it's own seperate thread, I'd be much obliged if someone pointed it out to me...

Personally, I think it could happen. Nita and Kit are very good friends (understament of the century...), and their friendship doesn't look as if it's about to fall apart anytime soon.

But the fact is, they are two different genders, and they are growing up. True, I know people who have been friends since college and are still just friends. But I've met very few of those people who weren't involved with each other in some way. It didn't damage their friendship, in the end, they just figured out that they weren't right for each other.

Maybe, if Kit and Nita were ever together, that's how it would end up. But, perhaps not.

Then, of course, there's the possibility of one or both of them getting involved with someone outside the partnership. But imagine the strain that would put, not only on the partnership, though I think it would survive intact, but if the person Nita or Kit was involved with wasn't a wizard...We already know that there are physical elements of the Speech. If one person in a relationship can experience that when the other can't, something is going to be lost in the relationship, and they'd have the extra strain of hiding from the other, non-wizardly person the fact that they are a wizard.

But, if the person the got involved with was a wizard, I think that the partnership would suffer somewhat, because Nita or Kit and whoever they were with would do some wizardry together (most likely), which could weaken the Nita/Kit partnership, because one would feel that the other doesn't need them so much anymore, and instead has this other person.

Personally, I tend to enjoy books that have a little romance in there. (Probably because I'm a hopeless romantic at heart... )I don't think it would have to consume the book. TWD seemed to me to have a lot about Nita and Kit's relationship that didn't take over the book. But that was part of the source of Nita's dilemma; to be independent of her partner and go with the LP or to trust Kit and go with his plan.

And the line that convinced of Kit/Nita was from that book;
                      If he's going to be watching out for me,I'd better keep a close eye on him.
                      Might get to be a full time occupation.
                      But that could just be me over-interpretating and wishful thinking, ne?

Topic...Wasn't it about Ronan and whther or not we like him?

I like him only because I kinda get the whole I'm be I don't want to be a Power vs. I'm me and one of TPTB. It's like what every teenager goes through on some level, between who you want to be and who you are.

But the chip on his shoulder the size of a 2x4 does kind of annoy me. Of course, it would annoy anybody, but once you get past that, he's really not that bad a guy. Just a little useless when they're trying to do something about the Fomori...XD

And he thinks the Cranberries are cool. You can't go wrong there.
                      ---------------------------
                      ~
                      And we go on...

Comment

Hehe. Ronan. I have one thing to say to that. Irish accent!

Nah. I was a little shocked when I read the kiss for the first time. But I had never thought of her and Kit as much more than friends at that stage anyway. There's no rule that says the two main characters in a story have to 'get together', particuarly if they're boy and girl. Nita probably needed someone other than her best friend to intro her to that sort of thing. If Kit had done it would she have taken it seriously? And chances are there would have been some sort of awkward time for a while. Or thats what I reckon.

Ronan as a character on his own I reckon is pretty awesome. He has an Irish accent! Nah. not just that. He's taken on a rather large - responsibility, shall we say - and I reckon is doing a good job of it.

Anyways, thats just my thoughts...

Alla

Comment

I'm just waiting for the book where Nita and Kit get together!*reads every book again and again to wait until they get together*
                          I think they already have feelingsfor each other they just haven't realized that the other does to(that they're not crazy)

Petty Pembo

Comment

Alla said:
                            I was a little shocked when I read the kiss for the first time. But I had never thought of her and Kit as much more than friends at that stage anyway. There's no rule that says the two main characters in a story have to 'get together', particuarly if they're boy and girl. Nita probably needed someone other than her best friend to intro her to that sort of thing. If Kit had done it would she have taken it seriously?
                            You might not have done, but there's certainly hints in High Wizardry that Nita had. Look at the Pattern Recognition chapter, where she thinks about what "permanent" means in the context of a wizard partnership. Plus her ambivalence when she's relieved that Kit hasn't noticed her developing figure, followed by chagrin that he hasn't noticed...

Comment

I enjoyed it as I have all the other books. Been listening to them in Audiobook format (I spend an hour and a half minimum in commute everyday, I need something to pass the drive). That probably had something to do with it but I have to say Tula is one of the most adorable characters I have ever read.
                              ---------------
                              BOOK: Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?
                              SIMON: No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist.

Comment

Tula? Simon? The Book? This sounds like a different book entirely. Is there another book called A Wizard Abroad, not part of the Young Wizards series?

Comment

Working...
                                X