X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

• You have religion class at school? I don't, but I go to a public school, so nothing related to religion is really supposed to be discussed. Some people talk a little about it, I sometimes do, but we're in the minority, just like readers are at my school.

Comment

• I got an A on Religion class too because the answers are mostly love, God, Jesus and Christ. And I'm talking about in ALL of the tests.

"If you think me to be your enemy, command me, and I will gladly take my life"
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• *Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

• I went to a catholic school for a year. It was horrible, me and my little brother were the only people who were black. Everyone was really snotty, and most of the classes had something to do with church. Not that that's bad, just that math class was short and so was any other academic subject. We had church for 2 hours each day and religion class for 1 hour each day.
              My friend read Eregon during lunch...and every other period.

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
              Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
              Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
              Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.
              Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Comment

• *Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

• St.Ambrose....the new one.....

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
                    Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
                    Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
                    Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.
                    Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• R.E. in the UK *has* to be multi-faith, by law. The whole point is that you learn about different religions, and can understand their ethical/moral viewpoints. The GCSE was quite good - you had to be able to argue your viewpoint, whatever is was, and also be able to know what different religions would think of the problem and why.
                      Although it was quite an easy subject, it did teach you how to argue things in general.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Comment

• what's wilf

Comment

• i dont really think that the movies could live up to the books (glad you refuse to give up the rights to make changes etc DD! good for you!) anytime you start talking about movies people get strange oppinions... some one was talking about an artimas fowl movie over the summer, and i dont think thats ever going to happen. movies take the sweet time, but some dont... everyone - chill.
                            ~*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat:
                              Wilf - Easy?!? I'm finding it quite hard, but I may be doing a diffrent course to you.
                              To be precise I did a GCSE (Short Course) in Religion and Philosphy. Can't recall which board - and it'll have changed by now. I think it was generally percived as easy, because the skills we needed in the exam were also those used extensivly in English, which everyone did and took seriously.

Back to movies.... I have faith in DD. She has the skills as a screen-writer to be able to produce a good film, and as the author, she will be able to ensure they will still stay true to the books.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X