Tom & Carl's Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom & Carl's Relationship

Well, this has been a burning question of mine for DD, and I just wondered what everyone's feelings were about the topic. I saw that someone asked this in a previous DD chat, but I don't think she ever gave a straight answer, lol, so I'll see if I can coax one out of her (unlikely)

What is the extent of Tom & Carl's relationship? Are they just room..err, housemates, or is it a romantic thing as well?? Please note, before anyone gets the wrong idea and flames me, that it doesn't bother me either way, I just really like their characters and want to know more about them, but I don't want to imagine them "together" if they're not.

Opinions?
    "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

I never saw anything in the text of the stories to suggest they are anything other than just roomates. While Tom and Carl tend to keep a distance from their neighbors, they are fairly open about themselves with other wizards, and I would think they would have told Kit and Nita. To me they seem more like adopted brothers, good friends, who have each other's back come all things. I've never noticed a hint of romance in that.

If they ever meet me wife, I'll let you know, she's an expert on figuring that kind of thing out.
    -Positronic Cat
    (I have sat between the great lion statues, hoping for a glimpse of the future.)

Comment

I agree, I don't think there's anything romantic going on with T & C (not that that wouldn't be extremely cute) but I think if there was, they wouldn't keep it a secret from the people they work with. And in HW, when Nita's on the Moon, she thinks something like, "Look at Tom and Carl, they're just buddies who work together."

But you never know...it can be hard to tell when all you have to go on is description.
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by EWizard11:
        And in HW, when Nita's on the Moon, she thinks something like, "Look at Tom and Carl, they're just buddies who work together."

But you never know...it can be hard to tell when all you have to go on is description.
        Well.. You have to realize that what Nita thinks doesn't really mean anything..

Just because you think say.. your teacher is out to get you, doesn't mean that it's true

Comment

Originally posted by EWizard11:
          I agree, I don't think there's anything romantic going on with T & C (not that that wouldn't be extremely cute)
          Ehehe. Exactly. I know there's a good bit of fic (some REALLY good) that's been written about the two of them (elsewhere, of course), that usually takes that stance on it. I do believe there's even an Ell-Jahy interest that's "tom/carl otp isn't just subtext". Whichever the case may be, I think they're the perfect set to be working together.

D'you think they could be a way to see what would happen is we ended up with some Nita/Kit? Like, wether or nto being in a relationship has any effect on the level of efficacy of the partnership?
          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Hmm, that's an interesting theory Caitlin, I like it. Perhaps an insight into the future??

And could you PM a link to where in the world you're finding these fanfics?? I can't seem to locate any good ones for the life of me, lol

CyberMirage--my thoughts exactly. It seems a lot of people think they would announce it to the public if they were homosexual, but I really think they would keep their private lives just that...private. I mean, they don't really offer that much information about personal subject-manner to other people.
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

While Tom and Carl tend to keep a distance from their neighbors, they are fairly open about themselves with other wizards, and I would think they would have told Kit and Nita. To me they seem more like adopted brothers, good friends, who have each other's back come all things.
              Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Well, every popular fandom has its yaoi side, so I suppose this is a good thing. But honestly, my first thought was that there was something going on between them.

On one hand, I don't think they'd flat out say "Yo, we're gay" to Nita or Kit or do the public display of affection sort of thing. On the other hand, it probably would've come up in the series by now.

Heyyyy calliope
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I think they've been in enough life or death situations, been on the edge of loosing it all too many times, for there not to have been a "If I never see you again." kiss/embrace between them if they were a couple.
                  -Positronic Cat
                  (I have sat between the great lion statues, hoping for a glimpse of the future.)

Comment

Metaphors be with you.

Comment

callipoe--lol! I believe that's where I got it as well, but I'm afraid I don't remember where...try looking through the fan art on these boards that lead to LJ posts, 'cause that's the only time I've gotten livejounral icons is through here.

Comment

I'll give it a shot, thanks. Now that you mention it, I think I was on a book icon community. It might have been mixed in with a YW icon post. I'll let you know if I find it.
                        Metaphors be with you.

Comment

i don't think there's anything going on beteween tom and carl--if anything, they're more like brothers than lovers. sure, i could imagine the occasional hug and maybe a kiss on the cheek, but those seems like innocent brotherly-type things to me. after all, if they've been working together for years, then there's going to be some affection between them.

i don't think that them being homosexual is impossible, but i do think it's very unlikely. that is my opinion, so don't go flaming me. if DD does end up making them a couple, i'll still love the series--it doesn't make much of a difference unless tom and carls'natures change, so it would be okay either way....though i would rather perfer them straight.

-peri

Comment

Well I don't think DD would consider the possibility to be totally out of the question. She's dealt with 'adult' stuff before.
                            That being said, I could definitely see them being together. While the fact that they are wizarding partners would explain them living together, there could be other factors involved. Or we may be looking into it too much.
                            I'll not voice my opinion on here, or whether I want them to be together. It'll just set people off.
                            -The N
                            ~*~*~Is it that I sometimes panic while making sandwhiches?~*~*~

Comment

wicked_writer:
                              you have to be careful about your opinion and how you express it of course, but no one is stopping you from posting what you think. everyone has the right of thinking what thr want, and as long as what they say is not intentionally insulting, then go ahead, post away.

i'm not going to keep quiet just because certain people's mindsets clash with mine, but i will respect their views. i've always thought that a good insight when it comes to touchy-topics,so maybe you could try it out. i hope you don't think me rude, but i belive everyone should be able to contribute a finger in the pie. dai and sorry for endlessly rambling,

-peri

Comment

Working...
                              X