Shippiness/Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FocusPunch View Post
    I think Dair was NINE when she went through her ordeal, really young for a wizard.
    I almost certain that she was 11 when she had her Ordeal. Because onset is between 12-14, which made her young. Hmmm... I need to reread the first few books. It's been almost a year...

Comment

• Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        I almost certain that she was 11 when she had her Ordeal. Because onset is between 12-14, which made her young. Hmmm... I need to reread the first few books. It's been almost a year...
        Embarrassingly enough, I actually did the math on this to make myself feel better at one point. As I recall, Roshaun points out in one conversation during WaW that he and Dairine are each only about 1/6th of the way through their respective expected lifespans. The average life expectancy in the US is 78.3 years, according to the almighty Wikipedia, which would make Dairine 13 at the time. Of course, nobody knows how old Roshaun actually is, but I figure I have no business quibbling about it, because I ship humans with the Doctor. The age difference can't possible be worse than a 20-something human with a 900+ year old Time Lord.

Comment

• I think that Dairine and Roshaun are at the same point in their relationship that Nita & Kit were in the first three books (or the equivalent point - it's not quite the same relationship, afterall). They're not romantically involved yet, but they're more than close friends.
          "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." - The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

• Isn't this where the ever-so-long known moral : "Love conquers all." comes into play?
            We may not even know if they will become intertwined romantically.. who knows? maybe DD would play or write a twist of events on us... Anything can happen... really.... But knowing DD; she doesn't really focus on the romance.. we are really left to consider what may or could happen. (We are at a point where many solutions exist) Just like the same situation with Kit and Nita, and the cliff hanger of what will become of them at the end of A Wizard of Mars.
            A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

• I dunno... Dairine & Roshaun themselves are "against" the idea that other people keep seeming to think about their relationship.

Someone mentioned that their arguing seems like brief flirting at times. To me their arguing seems more sibling-ish than flirt-y. If Dairine is a soul that took a "wrong" turn (whatever 'wrong' can possibly mean in such a case!) then maybe she was meant to be a sibling, not a romantic interest. Or maybe a close cousin (NOT the marrying kind that royals here on earth used to practice...!)

Comment

• Is it just me, or does it seem that we shall see Kit and Nita finally together as like a couple? like officially one anyways
                You see, I just saw the post where DD posted the summary of the 10th book and in the summary, it stated, "a strain on Nita and Kit, or their relationship, which has already been going through some changes." Could this be DD's way of hinting there may be more romance bubbling between Kit and Nita?
                A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

• not on my patch...

... in case you haven't read it yet, there's a short story available for download in ebook form called "Not on My Patch." Takes place after AWoM and... well, there's definitely a relationship there.

Comment

Working...
                  X